Moderator: Caterwaul

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Re: Wave 11 Repaints - Altrene Viola + Altine Rossa

Post by OHWceta » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:46 pm

And what are my chances of finding these repaints on ebay?
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

O2P9
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by O2P9 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:55 pm

OHWceta wrote:And what are my chances of finding these repaints on ebay?
Oh, they'll most likely appear on eBay -that's how I want to get Altrene Viola- but they will be expensive. Super expensive.

BKKnight
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by BKKnight » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Just purchase from a reliable proxy service. Ebay is always more expensive and not guaranteed to show up. You'll never get them at near the msrp because of markup, ebay fees, exchange fees.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:35 am

Ceta, I was iffy on the idea of using a proxy service, too, but the fact of the matter is that eBay is more expensive in the long run. eBay sellers know what you would normally pay by using a proxy service and use that as their price set rather than the MSRP. However, my Arnval and Strarf Mk 2s changed my mind on proxies forever. Totally worth it.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:23 pm

the proxy site is better, i was unsure and thought it would be a rip off but its not and its totally easy and they even translate the price for you, one email is all it take to get started and no accounts needed, proxy is the way to go

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23

Post by Polenicus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:57 am

Well, Rosa pre-ordered. I wish I could swing Viola... something about her appeals to me, but I need Rosa for the comic, and swinging just her was a stretch.

(And for you comic speculation hounds? She's for WAY in the future of the comic. She won't appear in the current arc at all)

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Polenicus wrote:Well, Rosa pre-ordered. I wish I could swing Viola... something about her appeals to me, but I need Rosa for the comic, and swinging just her was a stretch.

(And for you comic speculation hounds? She's for WAY in the future of the comic. She won't appear in the current arc at all)
hmm, picking characters for comics that havent been writen and you dont own yet? sounds risky, but alas i have chosen to start a comic as well if i ever get altrene and valona

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23

Post by Polenicus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:49 am

star wrote:
Polenicus wrote:Well, Rosa pre-ordered. I wish I could swing Viola... something about her appeals to me, but I need Rosa for the comic, and swinging just her was a stretch.

hmm, picking characters for comics that havent been writen and you dont own yet? sounds risky, but alas i have chosen to start a comic as well if i ever get altrene and valona
It's for something WELL in the future, and which I can find a substitute for, or write around if need be.

This is generally how it works. I plan out the comic WAY in advance, get an ideaof the major players I need, then start looking out for figures that fit... a kind of casting call.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:42 am

Just so long as it's not a casting couch.
That'd be awkward to explain to your room mates.

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:37 pm

star wrote:hmm, picking characters for comics that havent been writen and you dont own yet? sounds risky, but alas i have chosen to start a comic as well if i ever get altrene and valona
I tend to do this alot. My biggest incident was when I was kicking off a story in my comic where some of my characters have to go find Rin Kagamine's body in another dimension (it's complicated). The story was already 10 parts in by the time my Figma Rin Kagamine actually arrived so she could play dead for most of the story.

Anyways, not to get this thread off track too much...I REALLY would like Rosa myself, since I like Altine's sculpt but the original really was skimpy in her body paint.