star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Wave 15 - Centaur and Tentacles

Post by star » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:31 pm

ngusano wrote:
Deviant Anomaly wrote:Quality-wise, I have no qualms with the first set. Paint quality is good and no joint issues. Proxima is perfect.
I like the figure to, but I feel that konami is downgrading the quality, so the quality is not in accord with the price. And, pluss, the figure does not have battle rondo code... May be konami will leave the new figures for the following psp games only...

There is a comparation:

The red pice have an evenly white painting, the proxima piece have un uneven white painting and airbrush spots in the blue area, the legs have paiting problems to, the tone is different from one piece to the other, and the plastic in the pieces is opaque and looks cheap...
mine is also poorly painted but not in the legs, she has a streak on her chest plate were its thicker than the rest of the paint, and her helmit had an airbubble i had to clean out in the plug for her visor horns, however my maryceles is very well detailed with almost no flaws except some peach paint on her elbow, which is easily scratched of since its so lumpy and heavy in this spot

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:48 am

Mine have just arrived!

I can see what people mean by the paint job on the body, but I want to point out that the same thing happened to Valona - it's flesh-coloured paint on dark blue that's the issue and a occasionally a print job on the armour might be off. In all honesty I'm still pleased with 'em despite the 'cheap' feeling - my Ach felt that way, kind of brittle, but she still works. (I'm not defending Konami mind you, it is a poor show so far)

Celes' hair is a little speckle-y, plastic wise, but a lot better than some of the photos were showing - Proxima is perfect! I can't wait to get into the packs properly; I have to go to work instead! Bah!

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Pyaamon wrote:Mine have just arrived!

I can see what people mean by the paint job on the body, but I want to point out that the same thing happened to Valona - it's flesh-coloured paint on dark blue that's the issue and a occasionally a print job on the armour might be off. In all honesty I'm still pleased with 'em despite the 'cheap' feeling - my Ach felt that way, kind of brittle, but she still works. (I'm not defending Konami mind you, it is a poor show so far)

Celes' hair is a little speckle-y, plastic wise, but a lot better than some of the photos were showing - Proxima is perfect! I can't wait to get into the packs properly; I have to go to work instead! Bah!
valona had problems? was it only the dark blue one, because my white one is perfect in everyway with tight joints and other than her hair bows, that i thought were removeable, i was very pleased with her

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki

Post by Pyaamon » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:07 am

A lot of owners were commenting on the paint applications on the body; the base body was dark blue and the flesh-coloured paint didn't take too well with her.

I don't mind these sort of things, but for some it was a bit of an issue. Celes and Proxima have followed the same sort of lines.

Also, Celes is so small! OMG!

EDIT: ARGH. PROXIMA. One of her hind legs is missing a piece up top that allows it to connect to the backpack. I could always use blu-tak, but...wtf. How did THAT happen? I'm actually....really disappointed in her. But i've already opened her. Argh. What do I do?

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:15 am

Send an email to whoever you bought it for. A lot of times they can get a replacement part for you.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:02 am

Caterwaul wrote:Send an email to whoever you bought it for. A lot of times they can get a replacement part for you.
or scrap her for parts, cutoms dont come with stuff, i prefer to sculpt my custom material but its easier if you have a shinki your willing to modify than starting from scratch

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:34 pm

If you're going to scrap Proxima, you might want to change your avvie.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:09 pm

blade_anime wrote:If you're going to scrap Proxima, you might want to change your avvie.
oh, no, im not gonna scrap her, mine has all her parts, i was giving this option for Pyaamon if he cant get a replacement part, just in case

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki

Post by Pyaamon » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:51 am

star wrote:oh, no, im not gonna scrap her, mine has all her parts, i was giving this option for Pyaamon if she cant get a replacement part, just in case
It's looking that way. I've had no receipt from AmiAmi that they've received any email at all and my time has just about run out to get help. No answers...sadface!

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Quick question, around when do you think they'll be discontinued? I want to know exactly how long I can put off purchasing thes two, seeing as I'm a chronic procrastinator.