Moderator: Caterwaul

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Wave 15 - Centaur and Tentacles

Post by Hylian Pirate » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Got these ladies the other night. They're great! Except for the fact that one of Mary's joint pieces broke at the peg... Broke clean off, no sign of stress or anything, which leads me to believe that it was a bad part of some sort. I've already gotten in contact with Amiami to see if there's anything we can do...

Also, a lot of people have been trying to defend the seemingly smaller collection of parts by saying "but there are three trays now!" I can honestly say that those three trays are very sparsely populated and smaller than those of the original runs. My Ach and Yda have bigger boxes overall and their two trays are jam-packed with parts. Both Proxima and Mary Celes have lots of empty space in their trays, and that third tray is entirely spacers, the stand, and the storage box... It's depressingly true: this wave costs more and comes with much less than previous waves. I'm more than a little sad about this. That said, they both ooze personality and I love them both!

trenner dios
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 19
MMS owned: 19
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda or Arnval

Post by trenner dios » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Hylian Pirate wrote:Got these ladies the other night. They're great! Except for the fact that one of Mary's joint pieces broke at the peg... Broke clean off, no sign of stress or anything, which leads me to believe that it was a bad part of some sort. I've already gotten in contact with Amiami to see if there's anything we can do...

Also, a lot of people have been trying to defend the seemingly smaller collection of parts by saying "but there are three trays now!" I can honestly say that those three trays are very sparsely populated and smaller than those of the original runs. My Ach and Yda have bigger boxes overall and their two trays are jam-packed with parts. Both Proxima and Mary Celes have lots of empty space in their trays, and that third tray is entirely spacers, the stand, and the storage box... It's depressingly true: this wave costs more and comes with much less than previous waves. I'm more than a little sad about this. That said, they both ooze personality and I love them both!
Thank you! It's nice to see somebody is on the exact same level as me.

Deviant Anomaly
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Post by Deviant Anomaly » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Benio wrote:Hopefully you'll get yours Monday DA.

I'm kinda in a similar situation. Supposedly they left Tokyo airport Feb 3 and they just disappeared off of radar. I don't know where they landed (if at all). Not too worried yet but they did have a friend traveling with them (MP Rodimus) so I hope I get them all soon.

Edit(Feb 7, 2011):
They came today! :headbang:
That's good. Mine remain lost and the lady at the post office whom I've been dealing with over the phone has no clue what she's doing. So I'm going there in person this afternoon to find out what my options are at this point.

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61
MMS owned: 0

Post by Benio » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Hopefully you will get someone who knows what they are doing and you will get your figures soon.
Let us know how it turns out.

Deviant Anomaly wrote:
Benio wrote:Hopefully you'll get yours Monday DA.

I'm kinda in a similar situation. Supposedly they left Tokyo airport Feb 3 and they just disappeared off of radar. I don't know where they landed (if at all). Not too worried yet but they did have a friend traveling with them (MP Rodimus) so I hope I get them all soon.

Edit(Feb 7, 2011):
They came today! :headbang:
That's good. Mine remain lost and the lady at the post office whom I've been dealing with over the phone has no clue what she's doing. So I'm going there in person this afternoon to find out what my options are at this point.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:02 pm

i got mine, i have to say, proxima was one of the hardest shinki ive ever put together, not because shes complicated but because her pieces are so hard, i almost broke her helmit, the hole in the back wasnt deep enough because of a plastic blubble, so i had to pop it and the little tiny peg keeps bending and wont fit so it only fits into her face hole! both mine's hair was absolutely flawless, i cant see how so many people are breaking maryceles! her pegs are all large and short, proxima seens more fragile to me! my maryceles may just be the sturdiest shinki ive ever gotten! it greatly confuses me, unless you aren warming them up before you open them maryceles should be fine, however my proxima, she makes me nervous, and her hands cant hardly fit her weapons will out falling of their joints

The_Hermit
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Mary Celes

Post by The_Hermit » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:07 pm

I can only get Proxima's helmet on the back of her head. When I tried to put it on her face as a visor, the tiny peg started to show stress marks so I decided not to do it. I like it better as a helmet anyways.

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:22 pm

No peg problems with my Proxima. She is sturdy and everything fits together flawlessly.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:48 am

;A; I'm still waiting for mine.

Also hoping that they manage to slip under the customs net for fees. AmiAmi's 'invoice inside' tends to put them off. Ffff....

The_Hermit
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Mary Celes

Post by The_Hermit » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:28 am

Pyaamon wrote:;A; I'm still waiting for mine.

Also hoping that they manage to slip under the customs net for fees. AmiAmi's 'invoice inside' tends to put them off. Ffff....
I had to pay 40 euros fo customs fees...

shizumanagi
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ravina

Post by shizumanagi » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Mine lost in limbo according to the tracking. Hopefully I get it by/during next week.