Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

User avatar
star
Class S Shinki
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:48 pm
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira
Location: Here

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by star » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:36 pm

dust? in your closet? the great arnval and mighty strarf collect dust *nearly loses conciesness at the thought* your kidding right? :vitulus:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course I am! I'm a huge Strarf fanboy, and I've been driving myself insane with anticipation for these two.

They shall live on my desk, as close to me as possible, until such time as I can work them into my comic :p[/quote]

ok, LOL, i though you were but it still freaked out a little, ive been told im a spaz :schmetterling: LOL XD


i really messed up the quotes here so this probably doesnt make much sense
Last edited by star on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
star
Class S Shinki
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:48 pm
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira
Location: Here

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by star » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:42 pm

MINE FINALLY CAME!!!! im so excited, but my arnval mk2's leg keeps falling off, from the hip and not the thigh were it was intended to pop off, but i still really like her, is there anything i can do to fix this and maybe tighten the joint? exact opposite with strarf,her big armor legs are to tight but thats easilly fixed, they are super awsome!!!

User avatar
Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 7:34 pm
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by Hylian Pirate » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Actually, i noticed that my girls' legs like to pop off at the ball joint, too. None of my other Shinki have ever had that happen. It's easily fixed, but there are some things that leave me wondering about the QC on these two... Apparently there was one report of a Strarf that didn't come with a chest piece... But I digress. The legs haven't come off of mine since I popped them back into place the first time, so I'm not terribly concerned. Just give it a bit of pressure and it should stay in there pretty well.

User avatar
star
Class S Shinki
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:48 pm
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira
Location: Here

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by star » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Hylian Pirate wrote:Actually, i noticed that my girls' legs like to pop off at the ball joint, too. None of my other Shinki have ever had that happen. It's easily fixed, but there are some things that leave me wondering about the QC on these two... Apparently there was one report of a Strarf that didn't come with a chest piece... But I digress. The legs haven't come off of mine since I popped them back into place the first time, so I'm not terribly concerned. Just give it a bit of pressure and it should stay in there pretty well.
i did use pressure to put it back in but her left leg still falls off if im posing her and shes moved to much, and its pretty loose so her leg hangs kinda,

User avatar
BEANS
Class C Shinki
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:47 pm
Shinkis owned: 16
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by BEANS » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:31 am

Yay! Finally got them after almost 2 weeks of delay in Customs... I'm glad that there wasn't any issue with the figures like some Japanese bloggers had.

User avatar
cutheard
MMS Naked
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:14 pm
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: all

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by cutheard » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:17 pm

star wrote:
Hylian Pirate wrote:Actually, i noticed that my girls' legs like to pop off at the ball joint, too. None of my other Shinki have ever had that happen. It's easily fixed, but there are some things that leave me wondering about the QC on these two... Apparently there was one report of a Strarf that didn't come with a chest piece... But I digress. The legs haven't come off of mine since I popped them back into place the first time, so I'm not terribly concerned. Just give it a bit of pressure and it should stay in there pretty well.
i did use pressure to put it back in but her left leg still falls off if im posing her and shes moved to much, and its pretty loose so her leg hangs kinda,
maybe you could try using those Tamiya cement or a normal stationery glue (do NOT use super glue), apply a layer of glue on the extruded part (the 'male' part where you're gonna stick it into the hole with), wait for it to dry before assembling. the layer of glue is just acting as a buff to thicken the 'male' parts.
*reserved space*

User avatar
monoman
Class C Shinki
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:35 pm
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by monoman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:32 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows if these will get a wider release.

I was just looking at these stop motion animations on flikr...

Also ... if anyone knows... is it still possible for a proxy service to order the bundle (both figures and game) ?

User avatar
Caterwaul
News Reporter
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling
Location: New Jersey, the suburb state
Contact:

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:53 am

I THINK the set is still available. I dont see any 'Sold Out' signs, anyways.
Shouldnt hurt to send an email to your proxy and have them check to see if they can order it before you send them money.
Image

User avatar
star
Class S Shinki
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:48 pm
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira
Location: Here

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by star » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:53 pm

:maochao:
Caterwaul wrote:I THINK the set is still available. I dont see any 'Sold Out' signs, anyways.
Shouldnt hurt to send an email to your proxy and have them check to see if they can order it before you send them money.
the link previously posted here is no longer working, what site are you useing? :maochao:

User avatar
monoman
Class C Shinki
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:35 pm
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by monoman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:22 am

Oh well....

The proxy service replied saying both these and Altines are "sold out in the market and only available in Yahoo Japan Auction".
I'm guessing this is a little too expensive for plastic ... as my wife would say.
Has anyone ever done this ... proxy bid on yahoo Japan ?

I was disappointed because their home page has these figures at the top of their "new items" list. But as they wrote, the web page hadnt been updated in a while....http://www.e-toyjapan.com/

Post Reply