Moderator: Caterwaul

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by star » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 pm

im so jellous!!! were can i get a pair!!!! AH!!! why do expensive!!!!!!!! i will admit, the mk2 is more of a bright skin tone, anymore pics?

BEANS
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 16
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach

Post by BEANS » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:38 am

I hope that it's a joke from this blogger. His figure boxes arrived dented and Strarf is missing the breast piece... Horrible QC.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:45 am

BEANS
Class C Shinki

Post by BEANS » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:54 am

Caterwaul wrote:It probably isnt, but it's not necessarily indicative of poor QC either. Hopefuly (as much as it sucks to be that guy) he's the one that slipped through. Hopefully not a common issue.

Some more nice reviews

Arnval Mk 2
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/UNOYO/20100716/p1
http://shinkilabo.blog18.fc2.com/blog-entry-252.html
http://toycafe.blog129.fc2.com/blog-entry-255.html
Great reviews, but... The one from Busou Shinki Laboratory had another QC problem: One of the faces of his Arnval came without the neck joint/axis.

The total cost of the bundle to me is already twice the retail price. If I find any QC problems, all that's left is to /rage.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:56 pm

does anywere still sell these figures? im frantic to get that arnval!!! and the strarf is cool to, but im most excited over arnval, any one know anywere i can get them, with the game?

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:08 pm

star wrote:does anywere still sell these figures? im frantic to get that arnval!!! and the strarf is cool to, but im most excited over arnval, any one know anywere i can get them, with the game?
The pre-orders have been closed since march, so your best bet is to start trolling Yahoo.jp auctions and eBay. Yahoo.jp you'll need to have a proxy service for if they don't ship to North America (And if you don't understand kanji :p ). They'll probably start popping up soon as sellers begin to get their orders.

For instance, this one, which I think is just Arnval: http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/138270603

BEANS
Class C Shinki

Post by BEANS » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:45 pm

It seems that Konamistyle still has the bundle with soundtrack (22740 JPY) and without (19800 JPY).

You can contact a proxy service like Tokyobuyers or Yokatta and ask for a quote. I've used these two proxy services recently and they're very good and reliable.

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:56 am

just paid Yokatta for shipping, can't wait for their arrival, the reviews are making me even more excited. hopefully mine arrive unharmed :3

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:50 am

will a proxy service cost extra and if so how much? do i need an account on a proxy site? i realy do need that arnval and strarf, and the game looks amazing!!! ill just borrow my cousins psp (he wont miss it for a few weeks right? LOL jk, but i probably will use his)

BEANS
Class C Shinki

Post by BEANS » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:56 am

star wrote:will a proxy service cost extra and if so how much? do i need an account on a proxy site? i realy do need that arnval and strarf, and the game looks amazing!!! ill just borrow my cousins psp (he wont miss it for a few weeks right? LOL jk, but i probably will use his)
Yes, there's a service fee that's usually a fixed value around 500 to 700 JPY PLUS 10 to 15% of the item's price. There's also the shipping cost from the shop to the proxy and from the proxy to you. The Battle Master bundle didn't have shipping cost from Konamistyle, at least for my pre-order.

Check TokyoBuyers and Yokatta's website. There's no registration to use their service and communication is made through e-mail. Go ahead and ask them how much what you want will cost for you.