Moderator: Caterwaul

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by Polenicus » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:06 am

star wrote:will a proxy service cost extra and if so how much? do i need an account on a proxy site? i realy do need that arnval and strarf, and the game looks amazing!!! ill just borrow my cousins psp (he wont miss it for a few weeks right? LOL jk, but i probably will use his)
This is how it works:

What Proxies are are middlemen buyers, for acquiring items in Japan that those originally selling them can't or won't ship overseas. Things like web releases, yahoo.jp auctions, etc. What a Proxy does is buys the item on behalf of an interested foreign party, and has it shipped to themselves. They then reship it overseas to the person who retained their services.

The price of the item is therefore the original purchase price + shipping to the Proxy + shipping overseas + nominal Proxy fee (Usually stated up front on their website)

Proxies can be used to just about anything. They normally list popular stuff on their website, but if you find something, say on a yahoo.jp listing, or an eBay Japan listing that you want, but they won't ship outside of Japan, a Proxy can help you get it. You just need to provide them with a link to the auction or site. They can even get you in touch with agents who will troll local Japanese hobby shops for hard-to-find items (That's how I got my Black Arnval)

To start, you just e-mail them at the address listed on their website, and tell them what you want. If it's on their site, you can usually refer to it by name. If it's not, a link or at least a picture is required. They'll look into it, tell you if it's available, and get back to you on a price estimate.

Normally they'll require prepayment before they bid/purchase an item for you, including preorders.

TokyoHunter and Yokatta are both very helpful and friendly, and I highly recommend both of them.

Clockwork-Zombie
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Clockwork-Zombie » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:36 pm

I want these so much but do not have the amount of money needed for them and will not for a while. I just hope that when I have the money that they have not gone up in price as they probably will.
One thing does strike me as odd is that Arnval's swords and clear yet Strarf's are still solid.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Strarf's swords are solid blades, whereas Arnval's are beam blades.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:24 pm

im so excited! i just ordered mine through the proxy service, i decided i NEED these! im broke til christmas but oh well, i almost had a heart attack when i found out my money didnt go through at first, does arnval's giant blade open up to put in the beam or just flex it on in? and how do the floating blades go on her? does she have stands for them?

Aefils
Class S Shinki

Post by Aefils » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Uploaded this pic from 2chan so you can see the size difference. The MMS 3rd talls are actually slightly smaller then the 1st bodies.

Hm, from this picture comparison the tall MMS3's kinda look like their breasts are sagging a bit.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:03 pm

The breasts just look a bit more natural to me. I don't think it's really necessary for a plastic toy (or robot in-universe) to have breasts that are affected by gravity, but I do like the look.

Agggh, dammit, I really am starting to want Arnval MKII so badly. -.-; If there's anyone who just wants a Strarf and buys the whole package, I'm willing to buy Arnval and possibly the game from you. Until then, I'm going to troll Y!J for a bit. She reminds me so much of Aegis from P3.

Aefils
Class S Shinki

Post by Aefils » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Sonja wrote:The breasts just look a bit more natural to me. I don't think it's really necessary for a plastic toy (or robot in-universe) to have breasts that are affected by gravity, but I do like the look.
I'm certainly not complaining, especially when I don't care how much or little paint is covering what part of plastic on a toy ^^

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:15 pm

star wrote:im so excited! i just ordered mine through the proxy service, i decided i NEED these! im broke til christmas but oh well, i almost had a heart attack when i found out my money didnt go through at first, does arnval's giant blade open up to put in the beam or just flex it on in? and how do the floating blades go on her? does she have stands for them?
It's very rare for anything on Shinkis to 'flex' into place, especially clear parts, as those are normally rigid.

If it's the big blade I think you're referring to, I think one of both sides of the 'barrel' unpeg, then the blade is put in place and is sandwiched when the barrel is put back in place.

As for the floating blades, Arnval would only come with 1 stand. I believe the blades can be pegged on her, and when in 'bit' mode, you can use spare Shinkis stands (A use for those otherwise useless light armor stands!) or similar ones (A use for those less useless clear Figma stands!). Most of the photo shoots have them using clear stands from Figmas or some other line.

Congrats on the purchase BTW! Mine are my birthday present to myself... though my birthday isn't until December. So gotta be good until then as far as purchases go :|

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:35 am

The girls are being sold separately on Yahoo Japan. Just make sure you are buying the whole set - there are some people who are selling everything except the body!

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:10 pm

ok, id use quotes here but it'd be to much so here goes: the breast do sag more but as i learned with my mms3rd nakeds, simply at good paint job(im makeing customs) can make them look higher, and the smaller chest will look flat(or really small) if you dont arch her back so they stick out, but this is not true in all cases, Next: thanks for the congrads from Polenicus :D and i wish you a happy birthday, in a few months, :D :schmetterling: