Shinki Bodywork..

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

Re: Shinki Bodywork..

Postby MrHolister » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:11 am

Adventwings wrote:Gouf. Custom. Win.

(If you can't tell, I'm a Gouf Custom fanboy.)

I think the grappling hook is a lot more versatile (and posable) than the heat rod from the regular Gouf models. Should make for interesting bonda- I mean, bonding scenes.

Personally, I can't think of anymore ideas asides from the ones already thrown around. Then again, if you're willing to look at the MG Tieren Ground Type's double-jointed shoulder armor for ideas, I think that's one way to mount the shoulder armor without sacrificing mobility.


Yeah, I like this particular rendition of Gouf Custom as well. I needed a badass foreboding look and I think I can pull it off nicely.

As for cone bras, if I ever wanted to...
Image

The shoulders I already have planned to slink lower on the arms similar to how Altlene's upper arm cuffs puff out... only armory and spiky..



Couple of questions for you guys. Answer with corresponding number to help with my A.D.D....
1) Should I keep the Gouf armor color correct or should I paint it? (I'm on the fence on this one.. open to suggestions of color as well)
2) Should I try and make a headpiece for her? The eye was mentioned before..think anything is possible with what I've got?
3) Hair color will almost definitely change.. any suggestions?
4) Any other bits that might help the look?
5) Anyone want Ianeria's original stuff? Armor, weapons etc?? PM me if you do...
6) Can anyone recommend a good epoxy putty that doesn't dry brittle? Like a more plastic-like final cured form? I need some for the arms and legs and don't want crumbly or unforgiving sockets for Ianeria's leg and arm stubs...
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119
MrHolister
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 am
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Re: Shinki Bodywork..

Postby Shiaoran » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:45 am

MrHolister wrote:Couple of questions for you guys. Answer with corresponding number to help with my A.D.D....
1) Should I keep the Gouf armor color correct or should I paint it? (I'm on the fence on this one.. open to suggestions of color as well)
2) Should I try and make a headpiece for her? The eye was mentioned before..think anything is possible with what I've got?
3) Hair color will almost definitely change.. any suggestions?
4) Any other bits that might help the look?
5) Anyone want Ianeria's original stuff? Armor, weapons etc?? PM me if you do...
6) Can anyone recommend a good epoxy putty that doesn't dry brittle? Like a more plastic-like final cured form? I need some for the arms and legs and don't want crumbly or unforgiving sockets for Ianeria's leg and arm stubs...

1- Whatever you like. Personaly I prefer the OYW colors (dark gray with grayish blue) http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m80/m80_p.htm
2- I think no headpiece makes for a bland figure.
3- I guess she'd look good as a brunette. Maybe light brown.
6- Polycaps :P
User avatar
Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 pm
Location: Brazil
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Shinki Bodywork..

Postby MrHolister » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:00 am

Shiaoran wrote:6- Polycaps :P


But I'm mating a male to male end here... (wait..wha???) ANd I will have to cut down the upper arm peg (on gouf, not ienaria) and fill the void with putty and make a new hole for Ienaria's arm peg...

Or maybe someone has a better idea? I'm kinda going off ZeroEdge's work.. so I may be missing some points.

BTW, thanks for the other input as well..
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119
MrHolister
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 am
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Re: Shinki Bodywork..

Postby Shiaoran » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:36 am

You insert polycaps on the epoxy, so it's not so hard that it'll break when you insert the peg.
User avatar
Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 pm
Location: Brazil
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Shinki Bodywork..

Postby Klinkin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 am

ZeroEdge has a good short guide for interfacing GunPla and Shinki; you can find it here: http://busoushinkiworld.com/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=70
Image
User avatar
Klinkin
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Shinki Bodywork..

Postby MrHolister » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:27 am

Shiaoran wrote:You insert polycaps on the epoxy, so it's not so hard that it'll break when you insert the peg.


That's a really good idea,.. I feel stupid for not thinking of it....

Klinkin wrote:ZeroEdge has a good short guide for interfacing GunPla and Shinki; you can find it here: http://busoushinkiworld.com/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=70


Yeah, I keep going back to that page for reference, some of the gundams are more... troubling.... than others. Thanks for the post though, I have it bookmarked now. :headbang:
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119
MrHolister
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 am
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Re: Shinki Bodywork..

Postby Shiaoran » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:08 am

THESE are spikes!

Image
User avatar
Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 pm
Location: Brazil
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Shinki Bodywork..

Postby MrHolister » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:15 pm

Oh dear,... :*) ...

BTW, I'm still working on this but cant figure out a plastic-like epoxy or clay to use to fill in the gaps and such. The plumbing epoxy turns into a meal like substance.. and wood filler has proven too liquidy out of the package..

Any suggestions? (or more boob spike pics? :P )
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119
MrHolister
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 am
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Re: Shinki Bodywork..

Postby Shiaoran » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:51 pm

MrHolister wrote:Oh dear,... :*) ...

BTW, I'm still working on this but cant figure out a plastic-like epoxy or clay to use to fill in the gaps and such. The plumbing epoxy turns into a meal like substance.. and wood filler has proven too liquidy out of the package..

Any suggestions? (or more boob spike pics? :P )

Don't go with misc materials, get Tamiya's epoxy clay for modeling. Any kind should do.
I second the motion for more spiked boobs, sadly I don't know any others anymore XD
User avatar
Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 pm
Location: Brazil
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Shinki Bodywork..

Postby MrHolister » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 am

Shiaoran wrote:
MrHolister wrote:Oh dear,... :*) ...

BTW, I'm still working on this but cant figure out a plastic-like epoxy or clay to use to fill in the gaps and such. The plumbing epoxy turns into a meal like substance.. and wood filler has proven too liquidy out of the package..

Any suggestions? (or more boob spike pics? :P )

Don't go with misc materials, get Tamiya's epoxy clay for modeling. Any kind should do.
I second the motion for more spiked boobs, sadly I don't know any others anymore XD


Thanks for the recommendation. I will check that out.
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119
MrHolister
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 am
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest