Mobius Mod Labs

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Re: Mobius Mod Labs

Post by Mobius » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Shikaze wrote:Ever seen/played Demonbane ? Cause your models would fit right in in this verse.
To be honest, I've only heard about it in passing - I've been wanting to get it, but it appears that I have to resort to... ahem, methods to do so. Though that is pretty interesting that you tell me that, thanks.

And now that I've submitted my new mech to the competition, I'll show it to you guys:
Paradiso 2013 Robot Mode 2.PNG
Paradiso 2013 Flight Mode 2.PNG
I used the same 'inner frame' concept that I did with Eldritch, primarily for the leg units, giving them a more armored, mechanical feel. I rearranged pretty much everything save for the arms - those I had to gimp out on. I also decided to give it funnel/bit type weapons, ten of them in total, as well as actual rear skirt armor as well as the kibble for the transformation.

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:37 am

These models look neat! The Eldritch feels just right for its namesake: Terrifying!

How long did it take you to make the Paradiso, by the way? It looks really complex.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Adventwings wrote:These models look neat! The Eldritch feels just right for its namesake: Terrifying!

How long did it take you to make the Paradiso, by the way? It looks really complex.
Thanks a lot, and that really made me smile - actually Eldritch was named so for a bit of a different reason. You don't expect something that big, armored, and hulking to have godly dodge :P

As for Paradiso, let's see... In total for that particular series, roughly two weeks (Though there's a nice big ten month gap between vanilla Paradiso and 'Reborns' Paradiso) due to how the program I use works (it uses preset parts instead of you mapping everything out, giving a much more LEGO-y feel), the newest one took about three days, mainly due to a messup in how I was building it in the first place. Then again, I have the advantages of being familiar with the program, having the expansion parts, and knowing Paradiso's normal frame.

Now, as a transformer as a whole? Whoa boy. I've been trying to make a transformer since... early 2010, probably before even that, and it's the first series to actually LOOK like one. It took me at least two whole design frames for me to get an idea for this one. (And thankfully, it's not as bad as say... the Zeta in terms of complexity)

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, as we have (at least) another Shinki on the way, Charlotte wanted to spruce herself up a bit. I don't know if she wants to make a good first impression or show off though. Looking through the spare parts we had, I made an accidental discovery - the flight pack plug used before is now firmly attached like a rock, so Charlotte can use it just fine now.
Charlotte Hyperion Second Stage WIP.jpg
Me: Er, Charlotte... you know you should let the parts sit so the glue dries... and not point a gatling gun at me? Please?
Trying to put everything together before I start painting, but now she's kinda loaded. Salvaged the Armor Schniders from my scrapped MG Blue Frame 2nd Revise, stealing a couple beam sabers from MG Exia, and the Serpent's weapons are now hers. Where those are gonna go, I have no clue :)

I also wound up making another backpack unit, this one from the remains of my busted Blue Frame (And borrowing MG Unicorn's beam magnum):
Charlotte Custom Unit 02.jpg
Charlotte: I swear this is a ripoff of something...
This one attaches just fine into either her backplug or her backpack unit. She can stand with either, but she becomes way too top and back heavy. I can move on the other side of the room and she could tip. You'd think the Hyperion legs would support her better, but with how the connection is, it's not reasonable.

Am I the only one that sees a psuedo Strike Gundam IWSP pack in how that thing is shaped? (Though from a frontal view, the fins on the top resemble the large ear-like things for Altlene/Altines.)

Also figured out my current phone camera works best for daytime shorts, so I'll be taking that into consideration until I can get a decent camera.

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:06 am

Well, I decided on Natsume's color scheme, in no small part to Caterwaul and the other fine folks on the chat when I told them of my current status. And as much as I thought that it might be overkill, I'm going with a red and yellow scheme, emphasis on the red. At least I know what kind of Mobile Suits to get for mods. Natsume is a Char. Or will be :P
Natsume - Priming Parts WIP.jpg
Don't worry if the colors look off, I edited the photo for brightness.
The primer, oddly enough, is still taking its sweet time to dry, I was expecting it to act like the old model masters stuff I had but eh.

And will someone please kindly explain to me just what are these things and what are they supposed to do? I can't find anything about them in the instructions!
Natsume - Huh.jpg

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:13 am

That's awesome dude..

Once you get your's all painted, I'll post some pics of what I've done to mine.. (more of a charcoal flat look...still haven't modded her body yet..) Don't know what contrast color I'm gonna go with, but pretty much anything looks good with a matte charcoal in my opinion. It will be cool to have some compare and contrast pics. BTW, looking forward to seeing more custom mecha mods to her in the near future hopefully..
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:54 am

those parts are the "Enhancing Crank Parts". They're just spare bits to aid in freely building stuff.

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:30 pm

MrHolister wrote:That's awesome dude..

Once you get your's all painted, I'll post some pics of what I've done to mine.. (more of a charcoal flat look...still haven't modded her body yet..) Don't know what contrast color I'm gonna go with, but pretty much anything looks good with a matte charcoal in my opinion. It will be cool to have some compare and contrast pics. BTW, looking forward to seeing more custom mecha mods to her in the near future hopefully..
Well, I envision Natsume as my 'funnel girl', using remote weapons or 'seeds' in a sense, so that does narrow my list for her down. Downside is that most of the ones that I'd want to use are probably going to be expensive - HGUC Kshatriya, Sinanju, maybe Nu/Hi-Nu. QAN[T] or Strike Freedom.
Xehn wrote:those parts are the "Enhancing Crank Parts". They're just spare bits to aid in freely building stuff.
Thanks. So I assume they're there to make my life in modifying parts easier.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Actually, the crank parts are less for modding and more for posing and helping to combine multiple sets; newer Shinkis come with a larger sprue with more adapters. However, the sprue itself that the crank parts come on is definitely for modding; as you may have noticed, the sprue is not only the same diameter as Shinki pegs, but has the same little runners on it to ensure a proper fit. You can cut up the sprue and use it for your own Shinki-sized pegs.

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Klinkin wrote:Actually, the crank parts are less for modding and more for posing and helping to combine multiple sets; newer Shinkis come with a larger sprue with more adapters. However, the sprue itself that the crank parts come on is definitely for modding; as you may have noticed, the sprue is not only the same diameter as Shinki pegs, but has the same little runners on it to ensure a proper fit. You can cut up the sprue and use it for your own Shinki-sized pegs.

That is good info, I didn't realize that before.. :eek:
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119