Caterwaul's Fun with a Garage Kit - Naughty Kiss

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Caterwaul's Fun with a Garage Kit - Naughty Kiss

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:31 am

bang04 wrote:Just as I think, she has very rough skin and many hole.

If I were you, I would not used lower torso, and upper thighs that come with this kit, but I would use naked body and build up the detail such as panty garter belt and cloth (just only bulging point such as golden color point) by epoxy putty and plastic sheet instead, this will be easier than use original parts and will fit perfectly. I think resin thighs part will not fit with naked joint perfectly that will made her less durable from action.
Agreed, some bent plaplate should do fine to remake the torso details. Though in that case you'd need 2 bodies, and that would include lightening the skin color to match Naughty Kiss'.

bang04
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by bang04 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Shiaoran wrote:
bang04 wrote:Just as I think, she has very rough skin and many hole.

If I were you, I would not used lower torso, and upper thighs that come with this kit, but I would use naked body and build up the detail such as panty garter belt and cloth (just only bulging point such as golden color point) by epoxy putty and plastic sheet instead, this will be easier than use original parts and will fit perfectly. I think resin thighs part will not fit with naked joint perfectly that will made her less durable from action.
Agreed, some bent plaplate should do fine to remake the torso details. Though in that case you'd need 2 bodies, and that would include lightening the skin color to match Naughty Kiss'.
It is not necessary and very hard to made skin color match, you can re-paint both Naked body and Naughty Kiss part that will make them same color. The important steps of coloring for durable color is

1. sanding naked body and resin part with wet/dry sandpaper to get rid off coating (rub in circle not forward-backward or right-left will have smooth skin). Coating on toy from factory prevent color that you paint from bonding with plastic skin directly, that will make less durable of color. Don't forget to clean them in water with old toothbrush.

If you use paintbrush for every part, don't read step 2-3.
2. Use Surface color spray cover every piece. Surface color has stronger bond than normal color, this will help as medium between plastic and color. If you don't have airbrush, I suggest Tamiya Surface Spray (It has white and gray. white will make color brighter than Gray). Spray technique is swing your wrist for spread color will give you thin layer, not spray on one point too long, and length for part and spray is 12 ft. Wait 12 hr to dry surface color.
http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/tami ... white.html

3. Coloring, I suggest for using Tamiya spray can, and Tamiya masking tape for partition 2 color. Spray brighter color first then partition with masking tape then Darker color. (white before skin, and skin before black)

4. Finishing it with clear color such as Tamiya or Gunze is a must. Tamiya has only clear but Gunze has Gloss, Gloss will made color flat and hide mistake such as 2 tone color and little scar. Clear spray is necessary for protect your work from scratch like coating from factory

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tam/tam85013.htm
http://mfpilot.com/index.php?main_page= ... ts_id=1207

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:24 pm

It'd probably be smarter to just get a blank body and do those bits over, but pride says I bought the bits, I'm using them :D If they fall apart, then I'll worry about replicating them with a fresh body part.

Generally I paint with a brush, over a coat of primer. I used to paint miniatures a lot, so hopefully I'm not to rusty in that aspect. This go around, I'm going to experiment with a technique known as a putty wash, followed by sanding to try to get a smooth finish. I'm a bit aways from that step though.

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:13 am

Sorry for the lack of updates. The recent patch to Diablo 3 has me sucked back in, with a corresponding loss of free time. That said, I'm commited to getting her done by Halloween. Seems an apropos date for completion, yes? :D

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:48 pm

will someone please post a link to were I can get this kit?

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:53 am

There isnt one, really. It was sold at WonFest. They dont really have an online ordering process for it. I lucked out and found a YJA for one and got it through a proxy.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:08 pm

oh, how sad, but can I just suggest glow in the dark paint for her yellow eyes? they sell it at most craft stores, I got some and I haven't used it yet but when it sits i the dark, it really glows bright, I got it at Michaels, the craft store

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Oh that would be so epic looking but the majority of pics has her with red eyes. Imagine being in a blackout situation and the only thing you see are two red eyes. That's the stuff of nightmares. But according to the drawings, she does have yellow trim so that might offset the red glowing eyes.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 pm

royalpain88 wrote:Oh that would be so epic looking but the majority of pics has her with red eyes. Imagine being in a blackout situation and the only thing you see are two red eyes. That's the stuff of nightmares. But according to the drawings, she does have yellow trim so that might offset the red glowing eyes.
oh, no, one of her faces has entirely yellow eyes with slit pupils in them, personally I am upset that face doesn't include teeth, it also shows 3 different faces in the first link on the first page and 2 of the faces have red eyes but one has yellow

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Hmm, red must be like a berserk mode. Scary stuff. Well, how about both then. Still be creepy at night.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.