Caterwaul's Fun with a Garage Kit - Naughty Kiss

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

bang04
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Caterwaul's Fun with a Garage Kit - Naughty Kiss

Post by bang04 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Glow in the dark paint is good idea. I read from merchant facebook page that it will grow 3-5 hours after receive light for 15 min. But not sure that glow in the dark color has exact color that will match what you want, it has 3-4 tone color.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:16 am

Eh, technically I can paint her how I like. :D But from the pics, red is meant to be her normal eye color, while yellow is 'You saw, didnt you...', I'm gonna kill you mode.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Eh, technically I can paint her how I like. :D But from the pics, red is meant to be her normal eye color, while yellow is 'You saw, didnt you...', I'm gonna kill you mode.
which is awesome! I am contemplating making a custom naughty kiss with mms nakeds, it wouldn't be to hard to do, if I got one I would end up sculpting parts for her anyways so why not just make her from scratch right? not that hard, just the facial sculpt may be an issue but nothin I can't deal with, but I would be forced to change the armor since I can't sculpt her cape that thin with the matterials I have, still hoping to pick one up though...

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 am

Whee. Picture spam time.

IMAG0039 by istal_devalis, on Flickr

IMAG0040 by istal_devalis, on Flickr

IMAG0041 by istal_devalis, on Flickr

IMAG0043 by istal_devalis, on Flickr

IMAG0045 by istal_devalis, on Flickr

IMAG0047 by istal_devalis, on Flickr

IMAG0048 by istal_devalis, on Flickr

Comments in the links. Unfortunately, actual work was put on hold. In the process of working on the chest piece, I gouged a nice hole in my thumb. I suppose she IS a vampire though so this is a good omen, right? The next step is softening the resin on the 'vest' for the chest so it will follow her shoulder curves, and then attach the rear. Then, we get to the fun step of greenstuffing the body to fill in alllll those holes you see.

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Completely boring update time.
Went and soaked all the pieces I'm currently working on in warm, soapy water for about 30 minutes, and then scrubbed them all with an old toothbrush. Didnt get much else done as I needed to wait for them all to dry. Hopefully I'll have something more exciting for you soon.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:42 pm

At first I thought the flesh body didn't work with the lighter skin color, but then it sort of looks like she's wearing pantyhose garments of some sort. Not that weird. But will you change it?

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:57 pm

The flesh tone bits are all going to get repainted yes. The legs are going to be painted black, while the rest of the flesh needs to be putty filled, and will then be painted a pale skin ton.

bang04
Class A Shinki

Post by bang04 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Wow a lot of paint work to do, If you have airbrush, it will much easier than paintbrush or spray can.

How you soften the resin vest part?

After I see your Naughty Kiss, I have a project to copy vest part from naked body to attach custom armor permanently , but I don't sure that resin vest part will too hard or easily break at shoulder curve.

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:14 am

I'm actually working on the 'vest' now. Pics to come later.
1: First you need one of the originals. If you look at it closely, you'll note that it was originally two bits that were glued together. Being very careful, you need to seperate the two pieces. I wasnt careful, and gouged my thumb doing it. (That's the accident I mentioned earlier)
2: Glue the new chest pieces onto the back of the old one. Theoretically the rubbery plastic on the back end should give enough flexibility you minimize flex on th resin.
3: In my particular case, the resin was warped a bit. I can force the vest to fit the chest, but it keeps popping out, and I'm afraid it'll put to much stress on the resin 'over the shoulder' bit. I need to soak it in hot water to make it a bit more malleable, and then 'set' it in the proper position.
4: I dont really trust the resin still, so I'm going to green stuff over the shoulders, since I need to fill in some bits anyways. I'm going to pin the back and front together as the only thing currently holding it on is superglue.

bang04
Class A Shinki

Post by bang04 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:29 pm

So you use resin part for the front and naked part for the back.

I have herd about magnet to lock vest part

http://www.fg-site.net/archives/2585323