[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - ZeroEdge's Custom Weaponry

ZeroEdge's Custom Weaponry

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

Re: ZeroEdge's Custom Weaponry

Postby ZeroEdge » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:36 am

WIP: White Rock Shooter inspired scythe

When I first saw the White Rock Shooter figma (the one bundled with the Black Rock Shooter PSP game), my eyes went straight to what she was holding... one of the coolest-looking weapons I've ever seen! (has a preference to melee weapons >_<). Sadly, she was not (currently) on my wish list, so I decided to build the scythe that's shinki-sized (figmas are a bit smaller than shinkis) and with a few alterations to the design (white weapons don't look that good on a black-themed Strarf, IMO).

I ran out of scrap plastic so I bought plastic dvd cases to use. I chose the transparent ones cause they're thin and look easy to work with... but I was wrong! The plastic is tougher than any I've ever used (chipped my cutter blade twice!) and was a pain cutting the curved edges. But that would mean a very strong finished product so I guess that's good too. :thumbsup:

Here's what it looks like when assembled.

Night shift this week, so progress may take some time...
ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby blade_anime » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Why do you have three versions of the blade?
blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby ZeroEdge » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:24 am

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby ZeroEdge » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:01 am

White Rock Shooter inspired Mecha-Scythe done!

After assembling and gluing the pieces together, I glued a couple of pieces cut out from thin plastic sheet to add detail. Then came painting... gray works here it because matches Strarf's black/dark theme (thanks Mikuo!).

The violet blade edges are removable (had to remove them before painting) and can be replaced with other colors, but I like how it looks now.

Strarf as Black Rock Shinki

Progress was faster than I originally anticipated... which is a good thing. With this project done, I can start focusing on other things for now (Howling's leg armor painting, shinki segway, giant spiked mace, etc.)
ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby Mikuo_Hatsune » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:04 am

Nicely done and an awesome outcome!

Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813
Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki

Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby ZeroEdge » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:26 pm

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby Machinegeist » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:10 pm

very nice!
Machinegeist
Class B Shinki

Shinkis owned: 51
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby ZeroEdge » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:49 pm

In the works...

Going medieval :idea:
ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby ZeroEdge » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:40 am

Here's an update... Roman Onager (a variation of the catapult)

It can launch b-daman marbles around 9-10 feet. I used 2 loops of cotton string for adding torsional pressure on the arm, twisted three times (has the same power as 5 large rubber bands twisted six times), I would have used more, but I'm worried about the onager's structural integrity, it is cardboard after all.
ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby star » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:38 pm

oh my gosh, this is amazing! it looks incredible! would you be able to give me some advice for a sword with a case to peg into a shinki socket and a sythe with a moveable head blade? and a small hand gun :tsugaru: (i have custom shinki with very little in terms of accesories)
star
Class S Shinki

Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki:

PreviousNext

Return to Creativity Corner