ZeroEdge's Papercraft and Custom Works

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: ZeroEdge's Papercraft and Custom Works

Post by Shiaoran » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Gaming keyboards like that aren't really uncommon. What IS uncommon is for a Mac guy to know anything about PC gaming :nanner:

Canthros
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Canthros » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:03 pm

halconfenix wrote:
royalpain88 wrote:That looks nice. Very nice indeed. However, I had never seen a keyboard look like that. Very unique. It looks like it belongs in some command post deal
if i remember right there was a keyboard with that design for Acer desktops quite some time ago... sadly cant find an image to prove it...
It's a Wolf King Timberwolf. (I have one of their 'Warrior' keyboards, which is just the round bit on its own. Recognized it almost immediately. Sadly, I am not particularly enamored of mine. Much prefer my Model M, with its comfortingly familiar 101-key layout and reassuringly durable buckling springs.) Manufacturer may be defunct.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:54 am

Shiaoran wrote:Gaming keyboards like that aren't really uncommon. What IS uncommon is for a Mac guy to know anything about PC gaming :nanner:
Hey. I am envious of the great games that I can't play on my mac such as Company of Heroes, Dawn of War among other great RTS's.
As for the keyboard in real life, that looks a bit complicated to use.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Yeah, weird keyboards aren't as good as they should, and I blame developer's stupidity. The problems are so small, but make something unusable, like keys too hard or too sensitive, stupid key plamecent where there's a very easy and way better way to do that... Also for wireless stuff, people make it with giant RF dongles that require an USB port of it's own, while every computer already have Bluetooth or can have with the addition of a $2 dongle that works for several devices.
I'm satisfied with my Logitech G15. It's 18 extra keys make up for a regular keyboard layout.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:33 am

Lol, I just googled pics of gaming keyboards and picked the one that REALLY looked different. Anyway, just took some random pics of the shinki shelf, that i ought to rename because of all the figmas that hang out here as well :P .

Almost there... wall furnishings are on the way (posters, picture frames, etc.), but pondering whether or not to make windows. Might also build another arcade system or even an air hockey table... who knows...

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:08 pm

AWESOME GLASS EFFECT!

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:55 am

Go Miyafuji!
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:55 am

Shiaoran wrote:AWESOME GLASS EFFECT!
Thanks! Clear Acrylic sheet + clear plastic primer = frosted glass effect :P
royalpain88 wrote:Go Miyafuji!
It did seem like she was winning 'cause of her smile... Kagamiku on the other hand...

==================================================================================================================================

I wanted a 1/12 scale DDR arcade machine... I don't buy online so couldn't get the Konami DAC model. Even papercraft would be nice, but no templates can be found online, and those on fg-site don't post their templates. So, what to do? Build my own, of course!

I built that based on a pic I googled. Deemed simple enough to make a papercraft version of it, though it did take me a lot of time since it was my first real big scratch-built papercraft model. I also built in the ability to switch screens, like my plasma TV and pc monitor.

The first one I built was kinda small, even for figma standards, and very flimsy. The one on the pic is actually a resized version, printed on 200gsm vellum board. Not sure what to use for the dance pad's back support bars (the ones that keep the players from falling backwards accidentally), but might do that later...

My figmas can use them anytime, but my shinkis will have to take off their armored legs first... can't play with feet too big :cheesygrin: .

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:22 am

Now that I'm done with most of the furnishings, time to move on to wall decor. I've printed some scaled down posters that'll add color to the plain white walls of the room.

I guess this pretty much sums up the shows I watch (with an awful lot more not printed out :P )

Seems Kirino has some issues with the Kamineko poster I've got. She does have that nice bikini poster of hers.

And for these posters... I don't blame her and Ayu's reactions. :cheesygrin:

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:28 am

For those who don't know yet, my Shinki Shelf, now named ZE's Pad, is complete (check out my Show and Tell thread).

In other news, I've got a new display cabinet, albeit a smaller one... but now that my papercraft have all been relocated, the top shelf is free to be made into a concert stage!

I'm still trying to make up my mind on what layout to use, so I started with a few smaller pieces of equipment.

These aren't papercraft, but more cardboard art plus paint. I printed out pics of the amps on paper then stuck them in front. More to come soon...