ZeroEdge's Papercraft and Custom Works

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Re: ZeroEdge's Papercraft and Custom Works

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:03 am

Just a random post... :P

Maybe I should make more of these... :idea:

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:47 am

Laika is a Howling, an MMS Type Dog. However, she lacks dog-like features, unlike Renge's fox ears and the rest of Kemotech, save for Maochao. So, here's what I did...

Scratch-built ears from epoxy putty. I had some difficulty choosing ear types, but preferred pointy ones over drooping ears, much like an attack dog like a doberman or a shepherd would have. Unfortunately, it's difficult to differentiate cat and dog humanoids just by the ears alone, especially in anime...

Then comes the tail. This is what'll make Laika look more dog-like, IMO, since cat tails look a lot different. I drilled the common shinki back piece and stuck in some thick wire, then moulded putty over it. I wanted an upward curved dog tail, and I had to be careful that it didn't touch the part where the back piece connects to the base.

Here are some shots after sculpting it a bit and priming. Not bad for a sculpting novice, ne?

Now, here's the end result...

The ears are glued to the front hair piece, and the tail, to the back piece. Now, Laika has the looks to live up to the name MMS Type Dog, even without wearing her original armor.

EDIT: I think I'll redo the ears, they DO look more cat-like than what I've wanted... :P

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 am

Done rebuilding the dog ears...

I got inspiration from German Shepherds, Dobermans, Sakamoto Mio and my figma Yoshika's ears (forgot she has dog ears and tail :P ).

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:36 pm

ZeroEdge wrote:I got inspiration from German Shepherds, Dobermans, Sakamoto Mio and my figma Yoshika's ears (forgot she has dog ears and tail :P ).
LOL what about shiba inus?

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:54 am

Been a very long while since I've done any updates on my Shinki Shelf. I wasn't really finished with the kitchen since it lacks a lot of stuff (kitchen utensils, etc.), and with the long delay, I kinda got tired of making the common household theme, so I'm renovating it. So I removed EVERYTHING, set it aside (not to worry, everything is collapsible and can be reused) and started from scratch, again.

This is the main problem with my display cabinet, the shelf isn't flat. It's kinda warped in the middle, so if I place a perfectly straight piece of cardboard as a back wall, you can see clearly the warping. I had to use extra pieces of cardboard to fill in some of the gaps. This is the main reason why I'm rebuilding the entire floor, to make it flat and level.

Three main sections build up the 'foundation', making it all as flat and level as much as possible (with cardboard, at least).

I also have a large, single cardboard piece that will serve as the floor itself.

Same as before, I'll utilize the space underneath the floor to store stuff in, using drawers. I'm building another one to put in the middle space.

More updates soon...

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:57 am

Overtime at work is clearly hampering my Shinki Shelf modification plan... But done with the walls and floor. I'm going for a more contemporary design as opposed to the traditional Japanese style I used before.

Also built a new TV cabinet, now with more shelves for my girls to stuff their favorite discs in. A new sofa is also underway.

(Gotta love Ruri's cute, blushing face :P )

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:03 am

A new sofa set is done, complete with cushions!

The new sofa is black with red cushions (papercraft using red felt paper) to go with the new modern look of the room. The old kotatsu is there, though without the fabric. I'm currently deciding on what to use for carpeting.

The girls like to just sit around and watch TV during free time. But the sofa has a special feature...

A little storage space underneath to store some small stuff, like a pistol. :P

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:10 am

ZeroEdge wrote:A little storage space underneath to store some small stuff, like a pistol. :P
Just a pistol? I CAN SEE THE PR0N!

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:07 am

Built quite a few stuff over the weekend...

I recolored the old laptop template to make Kirino's signature pink laptop (dunno why the figma doesn't have it). Then there's a gaming desktop pc set (monitor, cpu and keyboard) with the monitor capable of changing screens, just like my mini plasma TV (mouse coming soon!). Also, built a lot of speakers for when Ayu wants to be louder than usual (believe me, she's pretty loud already, but nobody minds when Miku is the one singing to her music :P ).

The ping pong table set and the speakers are from templates I took off fg-site, while the desktop pc I scratch-build myself.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:32 am

Would you mind posting a 1/12 papercraft accessories thread for those who just don't know how to navigate fg-site or make their own tiny stuff? :P
I've managed to find some stuff on fg-site before (Drossel's throne), and used to make custom papercraft, but not in scale or tiny.