Kotobukiya's Megami Device

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
quotemarks
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Kotobukiya's Megami Device

Post by quotemarks » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:36 am

Designed by Masaki Apsy and Toriwo Toriyama, these girls are pretty much Light Armor Shinki.

What is Megami Device?
It's a plastic model series featuring 14cm tall figure robots that can stand on their own. They can be enjoyed like plastic models, remodeling them and having them fight like a "near future battle hobby".
The main body "machineca" is designed by posable figure leader Masaki Apsy and the character & mechanics are by many different designers.
The mold has different colors and the faces are pre-painted with tampo printing, making it possible to obtain a finished product close to the product image by just assembling the kit.
Thanks to the 3mm diameter holes, items are compatible with future products of the same series and also with the many other Kotobukiya plastic model parts that have been released so far.

WISM Soldier Sniper/Grappler

WISM Soldier Assault/Scout

I've already ordered mine.
GNU Terry Pratchett

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Kotobukiya's Megami Device

Post by halconfenix » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:48 am

Welp!

http://hobby.dengeki.com/event/311997/

and (according to twitter) the figures are already on sale or something...? (cant trust machine translation too much)

quotemarks
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Post by quotemarks » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:28 am

Yeah, they've hit Japanese store shelves and folks are building them already.

I'm waiting my preorders right this moment. Will provide pics when I get mine and assemble them.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:55 am

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:21 am

Also found this video showing the megami device and interchangeability with frame arms, busou shinki and some clear parts kit :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N388nOSL6Dk

Disclaimer I don't know what the robots are saying throughout the video so could be potentially nsfw??

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:04 pm

My assault/scout pair arrived and have been built! They're cute little bots, but perhaps my biggest gripe is that they weren't designed with quick or easy swap-ability in mind. The body feels more like it was designed to be assembled in a single configuration and left that way instead of swapped between configurations as easily as Shinki are.

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Klinkin wrote:My assault/scout pair arrived and have been built! They're cute little bots, but perhaps my biggest gripe is that they weren't designed with quick or easy swap-ability in mind. The body feels more like it was designed to be assembled in a single configuration and left that way instead of swapped between configurations as easily as Shinki are.
So chances are pretty high if you swap out the skin for armor parts often on the body you might break something or wear it out?

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Klinkin wrote:My assault/scout pair arrived and have been built! They're cute little bots, but perhaps my biggest gripe is that they weren't designed with quick or easy swap-ability in mind. The body feels more like it was designed to be assembled in a single configuration and left that way instead of swapped between configurations as easily as Shinki are.
yup... model kits....

is there a possibility that the armor parts and weapons can be used on shinkis?

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:25 pm

halconfenix wrote:
yup... model kits....

is there a possibility that the armor parts and weapons can be used on shinkis?
Saw a review where they added shinki armor to leg pegs of the megami device as well as their heads to the megami body with no mods to neck joint or leg pegs. I would assume majority of these megami girls to be pretty compatible.