Kotobukiya's Megami Device

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0

Re: Kotobukiya's Megami Device

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Chainsaw Graveyard wrote:I could really use some help.
I'm a US collector and often I can't acquire limited parts.
For example, the Megami Device extra heads/ colors:
http://shop.kotobukiya.co.jp/shopdetail/000000003729/

KotoJP doesn't seem to ship internationally, I couldn't even register completely, and KotoUS often doesn't carry limited editions.
Any help or suggestions?

Thanks!
Keep an eye on Yahoo Japan, Jungle and Mandarake. Prices may suck though.

Zress Tayasu
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach <3

Post by Zress Tayasu » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:35 pm

WISM quartet and SOL Hornet profiles from the megami device web site, translated by anon: http://pastebin.com/wp4rDAEt

quotemarks
Class B Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Post by quotemarks » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:15 am

Thanks to anon at the /toy/ thread we have their profiles translated.
GNU Terry Pratchett

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:34 pm

so a more "militaristic" approach of what once were shinki battles...

quotemarks
Class B Shinki

Post by quotemarks » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:41 am

The WISM girls are basically soldier-types, but SOL Hornet is a bonafide Shinki.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:04 pm

there does seem to be less of a focus on 1v1 battles and more of a focus on team battles, that's for sure.

quotemarks
Class B Shinki

Post by quotemarks » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:12 am

MMS3 heads can be modified to fit the standard (not Frame Arms Girl neck peg adaptor) Megami D neck peg. Oorbellen is now "MMS4".
GNU Terry Pratchett

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:23 pm

quotemarks wrote:Image

MMS3 heads can be modified to fit the standard (not Frame Arms Girl neck peg adaptor) Megami D neck peg. Oorbellen is now "MMS4".
Pretty amazing feeling with the upgrade. I just wish it felt more solid like the older assembled bodies. But hell they are so poseable now it's pretty amazing. I still love this new body though.

Poor collector
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0

Post by Poor collector » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:39 am

Aurea Arleigh wrote:http://blog.livedoor.jp/hobisima-rittai ... 2016-12-20

In case you don't own one yet this review/build is very very detailed to show all the internals.
I'm still more impressed my Busou Shinki vs this new body when it comes to feeling solid and less likely to break. Yeah I know it's kit vs manufactured figure.
Also money value wise I'd still stick with the shinki for overall plastic for $$$. The bonus is these megami make really cheap bodies for spare shinki heads and also adding shinki armor to the bodies are pretty awesome. I can see if the shinki armors are too heavy, over time they may not hold up as well as their riveted sisters.

I will say Megami device is definitely getting it right super poseable, pretty durable and compatible with our original Shinki sisters!!
I found a review of Megami Device in english and even though they're smaller and have more joints then Frame Arms Girls, they seem to be sturdier and less falling apart then them! I am very tempted to get one in the future, they don't cost so much and have a full suit option which is modest and nice like the first Busou Shinkis. But, I fear I would try to play with them and they will keep falling apart so I end wanting to threw them away and hate them (not to mention it would be my first time handling model kit@_@). The new SOL HORNET looks amazing with her 70's-80's anime Sci-Fi style, but I dislike her hairstyle and faces:/. I think there will be another version with different charcter so she may look better.
Aurea Arleigh wrote:Pretty amazing feeling with the upgrade. I just wish it felt more solid like the older assembled bodies. But hell they are so poseable now it's pretty amazing. I still love this new body though.
I like the new body design, as well. It's a nice reminiscent of the original shinki body and have smoother look to it (I still would prefer to have "ugly" screws all over so the figure will be sturdier) , though the neck seems a bit too short and the shoulders a bit too wide.
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.

quotemarks
Class B Shinki

Post by quotemarks » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 am

SOL Roadrunner promo video

Oh man, I love her smug and confident smile.
GNU Terry Pratchett