Kotobukiya Frame Arms Girl

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Kotobukiya Frame Arms Girl

Post by ZeroEdge » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:41 am

Since no one's made a topic post yet...

Kotobukiya Frame Arms Girl is a mecha musume series created in line with the Frame Arms mecha series (nuff said).

Here are some of the available and soon to be available models at this time of posting (all pics taken from Amiami):

Gourai

Gourai Type 10 Version

Stylet

Materia (Normal)

Materia (White)

Architect

Jinrai

Jinrai Indigo

Baselard

Baselard Limited Color Edition

My thoughts so far... I love them! They're nice to look at, easy to mod, and readily compatible with the various weapon and extra option parts Kotobukiya has to offer. Each kit has 3 face plates minimum, and has decal sheets for when anyone accidentally messes up the eyes, or wants a different styled pantsu.

My main gripe would be the hip joint. Most cannot fully extend the legs forward because of the way the lower torso (aka pantsu) is built, with the exception of the Materia and Jinrai girls that have great articulation due to additional interior joints (I with they did this with every model). Also, the newer models have swivel jointed wrists that might be finicky to some people.

All in all, they're great! In fact, I've already fully modded two of my girls. I have Chie (Gourai), Sora (Stylet), Karin (Materia White) and Karen (Materia Normal). My material girls have repaints and are waiting for pre-ordered equipment. Chie and Sora I've posted in my thread but I'll post their pics here as well.

Frame Arms Girl: Gourai, Chie

Frame Arms Girl: Stylet, Sora

Any thoughts? Additional Info? Please do help expand this thread!

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Kotobukiya Frame Arms Girl

Post by Klinkin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:14 pm

There are two more Frame Arms Girls that haven't been officially listed yet but made appearances at the Summer 2016 WonFes.

Hræsvelgr Girl was present as a fully-painted prototype and is probably slated for release sometime near the end of the year or early next year.

This girl, and her accompanying Frame Arms, have not yet been named to my knowledge. It seems likely that this may be the first simultaneous FA/FA Girl release.

There's also a handful of limited-edition recolors, including a white Gourai, a Kotobukiya Green Gourai, and a tanned Materia (White) version.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:14 pm

Too many Gourai's IMO... They should just make versions for Ryurai, Zenrai and Werewolf Specter. Plus, Jinrai doesn't seem to have a Frame Arms counterpart.

I wanna know what a FAG Griefen or Kagutsuchi would look like :P

Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 49

Post by Stanisburgh » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:33 pm

ZeroEdge wrote:Too many Gourai's IMO... They should just make versions for Ryurai, Zenrai and Werewolf Specter. Plus, Jinrai doesn't seem to have a Frame Arms counterpart.

I wanna know what a FAG Griefen or Kagutsuchi would look like :P
Jinrai is custom Frame Arms that Fumikane built based off of Gourai that you can see here:
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/Pumpkin1454100486.jpeg
Klinkin wrote: Image
It's worth mentioning that this one is designed by Shinkawa Yoji, who famously did designs for Metal Gear. He also designed the game-exclusive last boss Shinki Justice, and mob shinki Mimic.

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:58 pm

pre-orders up for Megami device....the shinki should not be too far after?

https://www.kotous.com/retailstore/mega ... l-kit.html

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:27 pm

Just read this thread after you mentioned it in your Show and Tell thread, and I must say, I'm finding myself tempted to get a few of these girls. The ones that have definitely caught my eye... Gourai, Architect and Jinrai Indigo.

If I do end up getting them (money permitting), I will be sure to post pics of them here. I need an excuse to come onto BSW more often (and not chill out on Twitter all the time).

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:15 am

News update:

Kotobukiya has release preview images of the newest Frame Arms Girl - Innocentia.

Colored Prototype shown in 56th All Japan Model Hobby Show 2016
Release date unknown

"It was originally to be released as the third Materia type, but due to color changes and different parts, it's going to be a new product" Fumikane on Twitter

Innocentia has the same Materia frame but with the flesh limbs append parts, nekomimi, twintails and an upgrade in the chest area (the first FAG to do so).

==================================================================================================================================================

Now available for pre-order, Frame Arms Girl - Hresvelgr, the original coming out January 2017 and the clear parts append version in February 2017.

More pics at the Kotobukiya page:
http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000002217/
http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000002219/

==================================================================================================================================================

My latest custom Frame Arms Girl -Jinrai... I've named her Suzune, and she's my first kunoichi (I never had Fubuki nor Mizuki... sadness...).

Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 49

Post by Stanisburgh » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:27 pm

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/labo/labo-88577/

New Materia goes up today. Has a bunch of improvements over the previous kits, as is usual from Kotobukiya.

The upper torso is entirely new with pull out shoulder joints for better range of movement.

Wrist joints will be POM instead of ABS, which is much more durable.

3 more attachment ports in the back.

Course, also shouldn't forget mentioning an entirely new face sculpt (grinning expression), modular hair styles, and animal ears.

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:20 am

Klinkin wrote: This girl, and her accompanying Frame Arms, have not yet been named to my knowledge. It seems likely that this may be the first simultaneous FA/FA Girl release.
This recent 56th All Japan Model Hobby Show ("2016 第56回全日本模型ホビーショー" hosted by Dengeki Hobby) has revealed the new Frame Arm unit's name: 白虎 (Byakko, the White Tiger in Chinese astrology).

ImageImage

Megami Device is also slated to release two new units: SOL Hornet and SOL Roadrunner. These two can combine their gear to form a Full Armor Mode.

...Ah, yes. And the pre-painted preview of the new Strarf prototype.

Source: http://hobby.dengeki.com/event/264600/
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

Animeruko
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lunaria

Post by Animeruko » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:50 am

I have some of these girls as well, Baselard, Jinrai Indigo and Materia... I also have the Red Baselard, Innocentia and Hresvelgr on Pre-Order ... I find these girls a great alternative to Busou Shinki and they have access to way more armament and weapons too .. you can even get some 1/144 Gunpla stuff to work with them. The Modeling Support Goods really opens up the potential too.. Very cool stuff.

Baselard

Jinrai Indigo

Materia White Ver.

Here is another of Jinrai for fun. She is so cool.