Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos (& Mobile Suit Girls)

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
User avatar
arhra
Class A Shinki
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 pm
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines
Location: London, UK

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by arhra » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:43 am

The mechanical parts at least should be excellent - this is Bandai, after all. They know how to make a good robot.

The actual girl, however, I'm a little less confident about. I have a few of Bandai's previous attempts as posable anime girl action figures (SHFs of Cure Black, White, and all 4 main Heartcatch Cures, plus the Ver Ka Haruhi girls), and while the overall quality varies quite a bit between them, they've all been lacking to one degree or another - they're just somehow not as solid and well put-together as a figma, and the sculpts and overall finish always seem a little off.

That said, these look to be most similar to the Ver Ka girls, who are probably their best effort yet (other than Haruhi's torso balljoint being far too loose, leading to her falling apart at the slightest touch... but that mostly seems to be fixed in Yuki), so hopefully they won't be too bad.

User avatar
royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:34 pm
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval
Location: Northeastern Maryland
Contact:

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by royalpain88 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:41 am

We can only speculate. I can't seem to remember if a release date was put on this thread or is it TBA? For those that don't know what that means, it's To Be Announced which is just as bad as TBC, To Be Continued. lol.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

User avatar
Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:48 pm
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio
Location: Michigan

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by Lock Cade » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:16 am

I don't think she looks too bad, even if she's just a prototype.

And royalpain88, solo said that Cecilia is due out in March 2012 (at least, according to what solo read on Hobbystock).

User avatar
Sonja
Class S Shinki
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by Sonja » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:35 pm

I'll wait until the production pictures to decide on something. Though I already am spending a lot of money that month, so this will most likely be a pass. =)
Image

User avatar
Caterwaul
News Reporter
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling
Location: New Jersey, the suburb state
Contact:

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Huh. Surprised that Cecilia was the first IS girl they're doing. Wasnt Charlotte the fan favorite? Or is that just my personal bias creeping into things.
Image

User avatar
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 am
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka
Location: Indonesia ^_^

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:36 pm

arhra wrote:The mechanical parts at least should be excellent - this is Bandai, after all. They know how to make a good robot.

The actual girl, however, I'm a little less confident about. I have a few of Bandai's previous attempts as posable anime girl action figures (SHFs of Cure Black, White, and all 4 main Heartcatch Cures, plus the Ver Ka Haruhi girls), and while the overall quality varies quite a bit between them, they've all been lacking to one degree or another - they're just somehow not as solid and well put-together as a figma, and the sculpts and overall finish always seem a little off.

That said, these look to be most similar to the Ver Ka girls, who are probably their best effort yet (other than Haruhi's torso balljoint being far too loose, leading to her falling apart at the slightest touch... but that mostly seems to be fixed in Yuki), so hopefully they won't be too bad.
Wait, i tought SHF girls are good looking?? :eek:
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Image
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

User avatar
arhra
Class A Shinki
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 pm
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines
Location: London, UK

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by arhra » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Huh. Surprised that Cecilia was the first IS girl they're doing. Wasnt Charlotte the fan favorite? Or is that just my personal bias creeping into things.
No, Char is definitely the fan favourite, at least going by amount of fanart on pixiv - she has 136 pages of results, compared to 78 for Laura, 64 for Cecilia, 50 for Rin and 49 for Houki.

User avatar
royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:34 pm
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval
Location: Northeastern Maryland
Contact:

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by royalpain88 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:58 pm

I like Charlotte or Charles or (trying not to laugh) Char (Ahahahaha!) She seems to be the cutest of the girls and the most gentile. Oh well, all hail Britain. Either that or it's the Strike Freedom Gundam escapade design to the armor. I prefer Charlotte's.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

User avatar
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 am
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka
Location: Indonesia ^_^

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:38 am

arhra wrote:
Caterwaul wrote:Huh. Surprised that Cecilia was the first IS girl they're doing. Wasnt Charlotte the fan favorite? Or is that just my personal bias creeping into things.
No, Char is definitely the fan favourite, at least going by amount of fanart on pixiv - she has 136 pages of results, compared to 78 for Laura, 64 for Cecilia, 50 for Rin and 49 for Houki.
And most of it is H :*) So sue me *stares @ Infinite Stratos picture folder*
royalpain88 wrote:I like Charlotte or Charles or (trying not to laugh) Char (Ahahahaha!) She seems to be the cutest of the girls and the most gentile. Oh well, all hail Britain. Either that or it's the Strike Freedom Gundam escapade design to the armor. I prefer Charlotte's.
Add: Charl, if you ever watched Princess Lover & Code Gay@$$, err, Geass. :P Well, i like her because she's a reverse trap. It has moar impact than normal girls.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Image
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

User avatar
arhra
Class A Shinki
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 pm
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines
Location: London, UK

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by arhra » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:08 am

Well, this is unexpected: preorders up already for Cecilia.

March release, nearly 7k yen with AmiAmi's discount.

...Why March, damnit. Already have 4 figmas, 2 pvcs (one of them hideously expensive....), and a nendo lined up for March. Mind you, at least one of those figmas is bound to be delayed...

Post Reply