Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos (& Mobile Suit Girls)

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:30 am

royalpain88 wrote:I never truly heard of the show. So I looked it up and split between Maya and Charlotte.
Bad news: Maya (Yamada, the green haired, nice jugs teacher) is not one of Ichika's love interest :P Most likely, she won't be created as an action figure.

Which reminds me... Much to my chagrin, why Figma didn't make these Infinite Stratos girls?? If it's because their armor, well they don't have to create those armor.

@Mikuo: W00t!! Fei Yen Miku~
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 am

...Aaaaand there goes my resolve again. WANT!
Mikuo_Hatsune wrote:I got my Fei Yen Miku in today, so the wife is now armored up for combat rofl

That's out already?

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:14 am

Mikuo_Hatsune wrote:while we're on Mecha girls which aren't Shinkis
I got my Fei Yen Miku in today, so the wife is now armored up for combat rofl

OMG, I so want that!
arhra wrote:
Mikuo_Hatsune wrote:btw those Gundam Girls have been showcased forever.. I remember seeing the Wing Gundam Girl back on DannyChoos blog a few years back
like 2006-08 back
Previously, though (or at least, the last time I saw pictures of them, earlier this year or maybe late last year), they've been displayed purely as "concept models" (or some such similar wording), whereas this time they seem to be displayed as part of an actual product line (together with the IS girls), complete with (rather lacking in actual info, admittedly) info cards to match. Which gives me some hope that they might finally make them into something we can buy. Or at least some form of MS girl.
I sure hope that these Gundam Girls will eventually be released. I would so love get them.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:21 am

TRANS+CRAZY wrote:
Mikuo_Hatsune wrote:while we're on Mecha girls which aren't Shinkis
I got my Fei Yen Miku in today, so the wife is now armored up for combat rofl

OMG, I so want that!
arhra wrote:
Mikuo_Hatsune wrote:btw those Gundam Girls have been showcased forever.. I remember seeing the Wing Gundam Girl back on DannyChoos blog a few years back
like 2006-08 back
Previously, though (or at least, the last time I saw pictures of them, earlier this year or maybe late last year), they've been displayed purely as "concept models" (or some such similar wording), whereas this time they seem to be displayed as part of an actual product line (together with the IS girls), complete with (rather lacking in actual info, admittedly) info cards to match. Which gives me some hope that they might finally make them into something we can buy. Or at least some form of MS girl.
I sure hope that these Gundam Girls will eventually be released. I would so love get them.
As long as the man himself, Mika Akitaka is the designer. To me, a gundam girl is not a gundam girl if he had not designed her but there are a few pretty good ones out there that aren't his. As for the tip with Maya, darn. Yet again, she does suffer from Ichijo's sister's wrath at times. Such as headlocks.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:07 am

solo wrote:Hobbystock has some more info, Cecilia is due out March 2012 at 8190yen retail. They also have a close up of the sample:

I really hope they step up their game here. That looks horrible. :eek:

No similar details on the other two AGP samples though so who knows if/when they'll be available.
It's valid then: I'll pass on this one :lol: LOLs Better wait for RAcaseal &/or Kyon's lil' sis.
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:19 pm

...I think you guys are being a bit harsh. that's a hand-painted prototype. Probably 3D Printed.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Xehn wrote:...I think you guys are being a bit harsh. that's a hand-painted prototype. Probably 3D Printed.
But Xehn, Figma's sculpt is way, & i mean WAY much better ^^;;

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:16 pm

"X is better than Y" doesn't mean Y is bad.

's certainly better than Revoltech at any rate.

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Post by Takashi » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:37 am

Xehn wrote:"X is better than Y" doesn't mean Y is bad.

's certainly better than Revoltech at any rate.
Definitely, and as designs of IS was not bad also then this one should be a win at the end.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:10 am

I do believe that the model is a quote printout and a prototype. I have noticed among my gunpla models that the quality has sharply increased. The level of detail has risen as well. With computers as compared to traditional sculpting, one is allowed to design with a higher lever of detail and then print them out for either approval of the higher ups and on top of that, design the sprues.
As this is only a prototype, they probably wanted to make and sculpt a demonstration model to show that yes, they are in the making. As this is only a prototype, paint and detail level may be lacking due to time constraints but I expect much better as soon as production begins.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.