Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos (& Mobile Suit Girls)

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Re: Armor Girls Project: Infinite Stratos & Gundam girl figu

Post by ZeroEdge » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 am

Saw the original artwork where they based Cecilia's pose, and am hoping for shinki compatibility...

Also, the two gundam girls (Wing Ver.KA and Dendrobium) look good. Now that I think about it, I might have been building gundam girls all along (with all the gunpla parts my shinkis are wearing right now :P ), except for the colors and other misc stuff.

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:04 pm

That looks pretty cool. That and the Gundam Girls. I might be interested in getting these. My Shinki would just love to have other armored girls to hang out with.

arhra
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Post by arhra » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:46 pm

They also showed off another entry in the series of Ver. Ka. Haruhi bunnygirl exoskeleton figures they've been slowly trickling out for a while - Kyon's imouto:

(and Mikuru made another appearance, so they haven't completely abandoned her; I think the design may have been tweaked slightly since the last time we saw it, but I'm not sure).

Also, while not strictly mecha-musume (but android girls are cool too, right?), they had a Chogokin RAcaseal on display with a truly ludicrous array of accessories:

Unfortunately this was a Bandai show. So most of the stuff you want will probably end up being Tamashii Web exclusives.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:05 pm

We'll have Kyon's sister in bunnygirl gear but no regular clothes, thanks to Max Factory ¬¬
That RAcaseal looks great, and I really hope they follow Kotobukiya and release a Shino version.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Ka. Composite Kyon's Sis is a must, because she's the only action figure (as in, figure with Joints) you can get, & also, Ka. Composite is compatible with Figma. ^O^

Btw, the IS mech girls project is interesting. I'll wait for Houki & Laura. And maybe Charlotte too ^_^
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Post by Takashi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Gundam Girls and IS are definitely a must have for me! I loved the design of characters and suits.
I Dendrobiuw is soo awesome...I only do hope that METEOR-chan will show up as well.

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:18 pm

That Chogokin RAcaseal looks awesome!

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:06 am

I never truly heard of the show. So I looked it up and split between Maya and Charlotte.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:32 am

and more money to spend :)

btw those Gundam Girls have been showcased forever.. I remember seeing the Wing Gundam Girl back on DannyChoos blog a few years back
like 2006-08 back

while we're on Mecha girls which aren't Shinkis
I got my Fei Yen Miku in today, so the wife is now armored up for combat rofl

Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

arhra
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Post by arhra » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:35 am

Mikuo_Hatsune wrote:btw those Gundam Girls have been showcased forever.. I remember seeing the Wing Gundam Girl back on DannyChoos blog a few years back
like 2006-08 back
Previously, though (or at least, the last time I saw pictures of them, earlier this year or maybe late last year), they've been displayed purely as "concept models" (or some such similar wording), whereas this time they seem to be displayed as part of an actual product line (together with the IS girls), complete with (rather lacking in actual info, admittedly) info cards to match. Which gives me some hope that they might finally make them into something we can buy. Or at least some form of MS girl.

...Maybe not the Dendobrium though. That thing looks goddamn insane. Assuming the girls are roughly figma sized, eyeballing it puts that main cannon at what... at least a foot and a half, maybe even nearly two feet long? If they ever do make it, it certainly won't be cheap...