Strike Witches Figma! Finally! And now AGP too...

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Strike Witches Figma! Finally! And now AGP too...

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:56 pm

star wrote:as far as I can tell, those papercraft are just normal origami airplanes on special paper...
By "special paper", you mean patterned paper? Yeah, i'm looking for a pattern like that, do some crappy photoshop to enlarge it, & print it ^_^
star wrote:most of them should probably fly
...Wait, what? O_O;;
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:01 pm

yeah, I've made paper airplanes similar to all of those designs except for the body one, they should fly if they are like the ones I made

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 am

Anybody heard anything about more figma Witches? I'm kind of confused as to why GSC is letting AGP go unopposed in figure releases.
royalpain88 wrote:Um, this here is interesting.
Looks like it's Gertrud in the Me262 Strikers with the .50 cal. Unless that BDG has a separate stand, I can't see those arm joints holding up for long under the weight.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:05 am

Lockdown72 wrote:Anybody heard anything about more figma Witches? I'm kind of confused as to why GSC is letting AGP go unopposed in figure releases.
Because AGP is a Bandai x GSC collab ;)

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:09 pm

solo wrote:Don't lie to the man, GSC just doesn't care about SW any more.
I'm not lying ¬¬

Collabs between them aren't unheard of, they're just not advertised.

Why do you think some joints look just like figma's? Why do you think Chibiarts use non-smiley Nendo joints (despite being in different proportions, with taller bodies and smaller heads)?

Do you know Project BM!? It stands for Bandai+Medicom (who also makes collabs with GSC, such as the Madoka RAHs).
Why oh why does Banpresto release stuff from licenses only Bandai should have? Because it's owned by Bandai.

Don't dismiss information just because it sounds weird to you. Most likely the figma were dropped because of AGP's improved articulation and because GSC didn't feel like competing with themselves like Bandai/Banpresto does.

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by GundamShinki » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:22 pm

[/quote] Most likely the figma were dropped because of AGP's improved articulation and because GSC didn't feel like competing with themselves like Bandai/Banpresto does.[/quote]

I kind of like the AGP witches so don't flame me everyone. It's nice to not have brittle figures with defective joints. Over past 3 years I have had more damaged figma joints fresh out of the box then I could care for. And those were not damaged by me, talking out of package joints not even mounted together and won't go together lol. Knock on wood don't have that issue with AGP witches yet..... :arnval:

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 pm

That's a sad situation if Figma really abandoned Strike Witch figures. But who can blame them? The AGP figures took a step ahead by adding awesome effect parts; something that (unfortunately) Figma didn't do it.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 pm

Well, if I HAVE to go with AGP to finish the 501st, then I guess there's no way around it. I'm not going to be happy about it, though, since they're more expensive and I think the figmas are better at capturing the actual character in a figure than AGP.

Does anybody know where I could send GSC or Max Factory an e-mail to ask them about the future of the figma Strike Witches line-up?

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:44 am

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by GundamShinki » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:37 am

Storm Wing wrote:That's a sad situation if Figma really abandoned Strike Witch figures. But who can blame them? The AGP figures took a step ahead by adding awesome effect parts; something that (unfortunately) Figma didn't do it.

Indeed special accessories help seal the deal in some cases. That's why I loved the Mobip Miyafuji when she first came out...even though it was mainly for a cool looking magic circle stand, plus her decent hair sculpt and of course at the time the price was right. Will say AGP effects parts are pretty well done even if to many a sword with a working sheathe is lame, I find it cool so I don't have to put in a hand/package or bag while displaying figure.

I am looking forward to the rest of the set coming out, from looks so far we may be lucky to see maybe 3 or so witches per year. Just have to dig my old G.I.Joe Aircraft carrier out when that time comes! :fubuki: