Strike Witches Figma! Finally! And now AGP too...

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Re: Strike Witches Figma! Finally!

Post by Lockdown72 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Ordered Yoshika through HLJ, still need to send the payment (they won't send me the full yen price until they're back on the 6th), but it's better than trying to track her down with an affordable price later on (I'm still hoping that I'll find a not price-gouged Miku Hatsune figma someday).

The fact Lynnette and Sanya are next in line for Strike Witch figmas is also excellent news for me. I do admit they're my favorite two witches, but that's a good thing as I'd rather slowly build up my 501 crew by starting with my favorites and work my way through the others. I do have to wonder how Max Factory is going to handle Sanya's "radar halo" so-to-speak and if it's possible to have the cat ears without them.
Storm Wing wrote:I bet Lynnette's face part is a squealing/screaming face, as Yoshika's hand part is like she's groping Lynnette's bazookas XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
It will be an epic fail if we don't get Lynnette's :vitulus: face in that set.

The_Hermit
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Mary Celes

Post by The_Hermit » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:21 pm

I received Figma Yoshika today and I must say I'm pretty disappointed.

The key words here are paint and rub. Paint rubs off on her very easily. The gun's brown stock/grip and metal are easily transferred onto her white shirt and sleeves. It's pretty hard to get off, too.
Posing her well with such a large gun is pretty hard so that will take some time. While fiddling around with her you WILL get paint all over her. I opened her half an hour ago and her sleeve/shirt has grey and brown smudges all over it already.

Next are the legs... The strike unit is painted black on the top.
If you're going to attach the strike units to the legs, the black paint is going to rub off on her legs.
Attaching the upper legs to the units is pretty hard too, so you're goign to be fiddling with that a lot as well, resulting in black stripes all around her legs. Hell, a piece of paper is included which (seems) to tell you to be careful when putting on the strike units because of the aformentioned black paint. If they knew the black paint would rub off that easily, why not DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!? If they had just used black plastic in stead of paint it wouldn't have been a problem. Now my Yoshika is full of black, grey and brown smudges.

Oh, and the dog tail won't stay in. It's on a ball joint that you're supposed to put in a hole on her back, but it won't stay in. The swimsuit is made out of soft, rubbery plastic and it won't hold the balljoint in.

So yeah, that's my first impressions of Yoshika. Now that I've seen her, I'm not really looking forward to the other Strike Witches Figmas anymore...

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:32 am

The_Hermit wrote:I received Figma Yoshika today and I must say I'm pretty disappointed.

The key words here are paint and rub. Paint rubs off on her very easily. The gun's brown stock/grip and metal are easily transferred onto her white shirt and sleeves. It's pretty hard to get off, too.
Posing her well with such a large gun is pretty hard so that will take some time. While fiddling around with her you WILL get paint all over her. I opened her half an hour ago and her sleeve/shirt has grey and brown smudges all over it already.

Next are the legs... The strike unit is painted black on the top.
If you're going to attach the strike units to the legs, the black paint is going to rub off on her legs.
Attaching the upper legs to the units is pretty hard too, so you're goign to be fiddling with that a lot as well, resulting in black stripes all around her legs. Hell, a piece of paper is included which (seems) to tell you to be careful when putting on the strike units because of the aformentioned black paint. If they knew the black paint would rub off that easily, why not DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!? If they had just used black plastic in stead of paint it wouldn't have been a problem. Now my Yoshika is full of black, grey and brown smudges.

Oh, and the dog tail won't stay in. It's on a ball joint that you're supposed to put in a hole on her back, but it won't stay in. The swimsuit is made out of soft, rubbery plastic and it won't hold the balljoint in.

So yeah, that's my first impressions of Yoshika. Now that I've seen her, I'm not really looking forward to the other Strike Witches Figmas anymore...
Wow... :eek: Just... Wow... :eek: The paint job sucks?? Dat's a weird thing, hearing it from a Figma. It never happened before, so what the heck is going on with this Yoshika Figma?? I'm glad i didn't buy one, although i want to see the real thing. Perhaps yours are a defect, which is rare...

...I still can't believe it... :sad: Why, Figma, WHY??!! :mad:
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 am

solo wrote:He didn't say the paint job sucks, he just said that it transfers way too easily when it shouldn't at all.
Of course he didn't say it. I did ^^;; Much to my chagrin, i only complain to Figma ^^;;
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:20 am

Sounds like they needed another coat of finish on her.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:21 am

solo wrote:Well, to be fair, you said it with question marks so it seemed more like you were seeking confirmation on the quality of the paint job rather than making a statement.
Indeed. My bad~ m(_ _)m

Moving on~
Image Image

The paint job for those Figmas are good. So i think it's a rare defect...

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 am

solo wrote:Well, now that I have mine in hand, I can say that the paintjob looks very good as expected but the black from the rim of the Striker is damn nearly impossible to keep off her legs. It doesn't seem to rub off on anything else, but those thighs just absorb it like charcoal. I put a ring of clear tape on the inside so the painted edge is shielded from coming in contact with the skin, and it works fine without being noticeable on the figure, but that shouldn't be necessary. I also would have preferred the post inside to be fixed rather than hinged, that seems to be part of the problem, so I may try putting some padding inside to ensure an even gap. I haven't had any problem with the gun robbing off on her shirt, but I didn't fiddle with that too much so it might still be waiting to strike.

Regardless, she looks great, and I'm quite happy with her & look forward to more.

*snipped for space, by Storm Wing*

I need to get a shot of her with Asuka to show off the size difference. She's short than I was expecting.
Ah, indeed. By default, actually Figma ARE shorter than Shinkis ^^;;

Speaking of which, if i remember correctly, Yoshika Figma comes with other legs part, right?? My friend just got Yoshika Figma, and he said "I knew that paint job problem, dat's why i plugged those Striker Units to the OTHER leg parts".

Case closed, i think... ^^;;

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Any of you modelers out there might have a can of something like Mr.Super Clear around. Spray a light coat of it on the machine parts and weaponry that has the paint rubbing off and the coating should stop it.

Also, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will easily remove the rubbed off paint on shirts and legs without damaging her paintjob usually.

Still waiting for my Yoshika, so I'll know soon enough.

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:57 pm

I recieved my Yoshika yesterday , her neck piece is different from other Figmas so I couldn't shove on a Shinkis head :P
however Revoltech Miki Hoshii works well with it , also Miki looks better on it :D
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:21 am

Sonja wrote:Any of you modelers out there might have a can of something like Mr.Super Clear around. Spray a light coat of it on the machine parts and weaponry that has the paint rubbing off and the coating should stop it.

Also, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will easily remove the rubbed off paint on shirts and legs without damaging her paintjob usually.

Still waiting for my Yoshika, so I'll know soon enough.
Useful info. Thanx! :thumbsup:
Mikuo_Hatsune wrote:I recieved my Yoshika yesterday , her neck piece is different from other Figmas so I couldn't shove on a Shinkis head :P
however Revoltech Miki Hoshii works well with it , also Miki looks better on it :D
Funny. Figma & Shinki's neck piece should've been worked. I swap my Otoha (MMS Sky Girls) with Haruhi (Figma), & it worked!