Sky Girls

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Sky Girls

Post by OHWceta » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Of course this topic had to come up. Seeing as it was also made by Konami, there were MMS figures released and a lot of Shinki fans found Busou Shinki thanks to the series.

So in regards to the toys, your oppinions?

Who's the best character? Which toys are worth buying? Are the Sonic Divers worth their heavy price tags?
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Re: Sky Girls

Post by persocomsan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Ok, I just ordered all the MMS Sky Girls off ebay a few days ago, so I can't say much about them until they arrive. But, I did hear that the Sonic Divers are not worth the hefty price tags, as they are too small for MMS bodies and the girls that come with them aren't that great action figure-wise, as well as the paint job not being that good. Of course, this isn't personal experience but I was looking around wondering about this same thing because I really enjoyed Sky Girls and thought picking the MMS ones up would be cool. I know plenty of people here already own them so I'm sure someone else can give you a better opinion though.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:27 pm

I think they sell cheap model kits of the Sonic Diver Units too, I may try to pick one of them up.

So which girl is everyones' favorite?

and Which Diver Unit is the best?
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:31 pm

remind me to take pics of my 2 sonic divers by next week....

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:42 pm

I've seen some images but this doesn't really tell us things like joint stiffness and stuff like that.

pyroko
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by pyroko » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:01 am

only own one of them, the one in the white with the short brown hair (Otoha i think, never watched more than the pilot of the show, seemed way too fanservice-ey for my taste), that i am using as a body for my Tsugaru, works quite well with a tiny bit of work.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:31 am

I'm watching the full series. It does kind of get off to a slow start *It's like episode 6 before we get to any fighting*

But of course I need to get used to the fact that there's more to life than giant fighting robots.

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:04 am

Honestly by the end of the show I liked them all so picking a favorite is kinda hard. Perhaps Otoha since she had the most character development. I found it hard not to like them all because the show really focuses on them nicely rather than being a straight up mecha show. Hell I even found myself liking Aisha by the end.

waerd
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Benio

Post by waerd » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:43 pm

I have to agree that the series was interesting. I found a full set of the girls on ebay fairly cheap, and I have been happy with them. They are light on accessories, but what they have is pretty cool. As to a favorite, that's hard to say. MMS figures are all cool from what I have seen.
I have thought about trying to put together a sonic diver, but I haven't really found any inspiration about materials to build it from.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Sat May 01, 2010 12:04 am

mostly Styrene and Model kit parts, probably Gundam or armored core for the robot parts and some WWII plane kits for the wings and more airplane style parts. And of course if you want it acccurate you'd have to do a little sculpting work.

Does anyone know what scale size plan model would work best for parts? This is of course to make a Sonic Diver that's scale size to the MMS figures.