Busou Shinki Ep 12 Discussion - Spoilers here

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Busou Shinki Ep 12 Discussion - Spoilers here

Post by Sonja » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Interesting episode.

Hina is reactivated as 'Rosa', we get to see glimpses of the collector master's shinki collection, and our heroines are trapped without a place to charge.

Apparently MMS Nakeds have mouths and can somewhat vocalize too. ..creepy. I really like this Valona though, so cute.

Well everyone, let's save Hina!

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 12 Discussion - Spoilers here

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:59 pm

One question: This is a last episode or not? :idea: Tell me, please? ;)
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:33 pm

There's an OVA episode left apparently, but this is the last episode of the TV broadcast.

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Anyone know if this is gonna be a one season run kinda show, or is there hope for a season 2?

I liked it, will probably like it more when the subs are out..
Can't really complain about anything in the episode,...

But does anyone else kind of wish Kurara could have had a hand in kicking Victoria's butt? I mean she tore up some goon shinkis, but I would have squealed like a schoolgirl if she had been the one, who all this time everyone thought was a joke, pulled off something cool. She did at least help, and I like how Mao and Howling are not "Team Rocket" so much anymore.

All in all I'm pretty satisfied with the ending. I just hope it's not "The End"..
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah, poor Clara doesn't get to do too much cool stuff. Also we recently got proof that her name is infact Clara, not Kurara. :) It's on an official t-shirt!

More will depend on how well it sells and how much Konami wants to continue the Busou Shinki line.

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Sonja wrote:Yeah, poor Clara doesn't get to do too much cool stuff. Also we recently got proof that her name is infact Clara, not Kurara. :) It's on an official t-shirt!

More will depend on how well it sells and how much Konami wants to continue the Busou Shinki line.
So what you are saying is we need to get an online petition going, and have everyone buy as much useless show merchandise as possible to make the show seem more popular?

Btw, anyone know if its popular at all? I mean we obviously like it... but I mean as a whole..

And I know her name is Clara, but they say Kurara, and everyone else still refers to her that way...lol.
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Shinkis in show say Kurara and we know her as Clara so either way is fine I guess?

-------
Found it amusing how Ines and Lene were still hung-over from the partying the night before. Too much Lemon Nitro juice for them. Their system didn't like the overflow so it threw a fit on them lol.

Also, that was a nice way to wrap up the show in an 8-Bit Studio type of way. Seeing Valona with that sadistic looking face was quite amusing in an evil-minded kind of way. I just love it.

---

The whole Naked Shinki fight and them actually talking was a partial surprise. I mean, they're basically unfinished Shinkis ready to be turned into any "Type" right? When they surrounded the gang it looked like the Sith vs the Jedi from the SWTOR trailer.

---

Glad Clara got her own moment to shine but a bit too late. She should have knocked out Yda or Ach, Victoria, or even the terrorist Shinki. Though, I guess she did technically own the terrorist Shinkis. Lots of plot armor in the way for her, poor gal.

----

Go forth my minion!

---

- Those three and Hina were cute, especially with how they jumped on Rihito heh. That scene was touching and heartwarming XD.

(The gif on tumblr is better)

----
Happy Birthday Hina!

----
And as for the boss - Quite a touching scene for them as well. Even though the rich guy collector boss he still cared for his and other Shinkis in the area. They were neatly displayed with no real signs of neglect or anger. From what I understand he was simply obsessed and absorbed a bit too much in collecting that he strayed. Victoria and Valona both get a nice scene.

---
Now I'm going to go pray at a fox shrine that we get a second season, especially with Renge picking a fight with Eukrante as in one of the Pixiv images - http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=27051496 <-- This! I want this. It doesn't have to be that, just something to show off Renge in her full glory :P

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:21 pm

ArcticKitsune wrote:h**p://ghostlysubstance.swgbex.com/Blog/blogpics/December/BSEP12-124.jpg
D'aaawww~ :P Can i take her home~?
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Overall, a good ending to the series. We'll see if there's a second season, but as things stand, I'm not particularly excited; it was overall too episodic and light on action. I'm well aware that it's a slice-of-life series, but near the end it started getting better about those.
MrHolister wrote:And I know her name is Clara, but they say Kurara, and everyone else still refers to her that way...lol.
It's a translation artifact. Apparently all the Shinkis we've seen only come with Japanese language packs, which means that they're forced to render foreign words in katakana and pronounce them as such (similar to a more-advanced Vocaloid; compare Miku's "English" with that of Luka, who actually has an English library). It's entirely possible that English language packs for Shinkis do exist (and, if Shinkis are popular over in America, they'd come standard). On the flip side, a Shinki with only an English language pack and not a Japanese one would pronounce Japanese words like an American (compare the American pronunciation of karaoke with the Japanese one). Of course, it should be possible to load multiple language packs into a Shinki; this might result in loan words in one language being rendered in their original native pronunciation.

My theory(ies) on how Hina's memory came back: Monitor Shinkis are apparently special in some way. Given what they're tasked with, it would make sense for them to be tamper-resistant; I could see them being equipped with a distinct NVM unit that couldn't be reset except by the manufacturer. Alternatively, given that Jindou doesn't have a factory-fresh monitor Shinki, he may not have had a base neural array build file to go on, and just used Hina's most recent backup to construct her neural processor post-reset (going on the idea of Shinki brains being FPGAs, which need a build file to construct off of whenever they boot); given that monitor Shinkis are special, it's entirely possible that a normal Strarf MkII build file wouldn't work. Notice how Hina's personality didn't change much as "Rosa." Either way, when Hina was forced to process the images from Ann, it triggered a memory miscompare error, treated it as file corruption, and ran a repair program to reconstruct Hina's memory files. Again, since monitor Shinkis would be tamper-resistant, it's likely that they have more robust file restoration systems than normal Shinkis. Honestly, I'm guessing that she's still got gaps here and there in her memory, though, and judging from her behavior post-restore, it looks like she got a bit of Ann mixed in (not surprising since she restored her memory off files that all originated from Ann). Of course, there could be a simpler explanation, like Jindou just plain fluffing it; maybe monitor Shinkis use a RAID-like system and Jindou just reset one sector because he didn't know about the others.

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:49 am

Lovely episode and way to finnish the series (season 2 please!)

"Install a dream" came to mind once Ann stabbed Hina with the Data stick, certainly installed her back together :P
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813