Busou Shinki Episode 11 - Spoilers of the Strarf kind

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Busou Shinki Episode 11 - Spoilers of the Strarf kind

Post by Sonja » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Holy crap. Another human.
Valona.
Champion Strarf.

Omg, what are they doing to Hina?!

Building up to quite the finale... or at least a decent one. :P

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Re: Busou Shinki Episode 11 - Spoilers of the Strarf kind

Post by MrHolister » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:23 pm

I just hope Clara ends up beating the yellow eyed strarf..

I really liked the episode, I would have liked more fighting though. The series has REALLY dropped off on the action end of things..
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 49

Post by Stanisburgh » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:24 am

NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR NTR

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:43 am

Hey, Stanisburgh. Are you trolling? Or your post actually got something to do with this episode?

*don't mind me, i didn't watch it yet.*
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 pm

I hope they explain later what makes a "Monitor Shinki" so special.

First I've heard of such a thing, there wasn't any kind of similar terminology in any of the games.
MrHolister wrote:The series has REALLY dropped off on the action end of things..
Too much fighting and it would've ended up like another generic shonen anime, IMO.

Slice of life with a hint of action made it just right.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:16 pm

On a stupid note, I'll say this one : Hina isn't the Monitor.... It's the hamster ! XD

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 pm

OshareKeiji wrote:I hope they explain later what makes a "Monitor Shinki" so special.

First I've heard of such a thing, there wasn't any kind of similar terminology in any of the games.
MrHolister wrote:The series has REALLY dropped off on the action end of things..
Too much fighting and it would've ended up like another generic shonen anime, IMO.

Slice of life with a hint of action made it just right.
It's not like I'm wanting ridiculously long bloody climactic battles.. The show is about fighting robot girl toys, albeit in a slice of life observant sort of way... Asking them to devote more than 30 seconds to a combat scene is not making it like every other shonen. I guess what I'm disapointed in was is how the first few episodes included neat battles in between the hi jinx. Like the battle with Yda and Ach.. epic. The food battle with the octopus.. epic... even the "race" episode had a decent fight scene. I dunno, it just seems lacking in the last half of the episodes. Not violence, but them actually using their armor and stuff.. ya know, the stuff they are marketed with.. Sorry if it sounds like a rant, because in all honesty, I do enjoy the slice of life over just straight shonen, but things like the "Date" episode" and the Christmas episode were just kinda dull for no reason. Just my opinion though..

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:24 pm

I agree... I felt the date and Christmas episodes were really weak. I would have preferred at least a more coherent plot up until this point.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:33 pm

YES! *Cheers happily & Loudly*

3 Renges and 3 Kohirus! Hell, there is even a Gabrine for Persocom in the top left! Now make Renge fight an epic winning battle! I also know there was a Renge in Lene's Savior episode but that didn't do Renge justice and I couldn't get a clean image of her.

---

Wow.....That was creepy scary with Fubuki's Master appearing. You probably might not think so because you might be "immune" to such but think about it....Fubuki having her Master follow her in spirit. Now that is scary.

Oh wow....Clara, you should of had a fighting chance in that battle, but hey....you lost because you fought a story-significant character. Plot armor or whatever that is called...I forgot.

Happy that it got serious, just not how I predicted it to go down. Also, abandoned Shinkis get a "Virtual Master" so mystery solved. The Konami Shops and MMS shop assign abandoned Shinkis with a Master until they get a legit one from the looks. It gives them a nice fighting chance to be adopted or to not be singled out. Love it.

---

Well, if you guys dislike how Busou Shinki is going then petition White Fox Studios to pick Busou Shinki up. If, and when they do we can get some serious yet comical happenings going on. Find a way to petition that studio and Konami to join up. I'm simply glad that we even have a Busou Shinki anime to watch. But ya, I should really find a way to petition, unless that's considered blasphemy or similar.

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 am

Well, I think people are overall happy.. I was just rambling and nitpicking.. :lol: . Petitions and the like never go anywhere in this industry, especially outside of there market. Not trying to be negative, but complaining amongst ourselves is about the best we can do.

On that note, I'm surprised they used color variants and copy images in the crowd image instead of more diversity. It's not like they could run out of shinkis.. The beetle girls, Juvisy, Mk l Arnval or Strarf, Werkstra, etc. But I'm just glad a big group of characters got some recognition..