Busou Shinki Ep 9 Discussion - Here there be Spoilers

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Busou Shinki Ep 9 Discussion - Here there be Spoilers

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Busou Shinki Ep 9 - Go!

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 9 Discussion - Here there be Spoilers

Post by Sonja » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Screenshots time! :D
Lots of cameos thus far.

Part 1:

More to come later too. sorry they're taken from my phone :P

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Rest of the image dump:
Sorry for duplicates my phone is dumb
http://imgur.com/a/JWhoN

Highlights:

Slave labor

Hostages

A face like that isn't good for your complexion...

Freed shinkis and much more cameos!
Image Image Image

Next week - Christmas ep. (darn, my prediction was foiled. Slightly)
Last edited by Sonja on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rantinan
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 100
MMS owned: 17
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Every Straf

Post by rantinan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Shinktropolis anyone?

much love for Candy juju outfits appearing in the anime

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:52 pm

It had more of a rebel vibe than metropolis - only Eukrante was living in splendor, the rest were almost just dogs.

Also, even in the anime Razz is stuck in that headset XD

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:50 pm

is shmetterling is high on jelly or something?? damn shinki slum looks kinda depressing...

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:50 pm

I really like this episode, even though i haven't seen a subbed version yet, so I'm a little lost in parts..

I have a few gripes though.. (maybe some feel the same way..)

1) Why reuse key character types over and over.. I like that they threw in a bunch of cameos, but in the end the only "new" characters of consequence are Oor and Ziel. Why have a Eukrante as a bad guy for a side episode? Why not one of the TONS of other characters not really shown much yet. I mean, Graffias struck me as an AWESOME villian type, but they had her for 2 seconds grinning...

2) Lene's ineptitude being erased every time something of her master's is in trouble and it somehow imbuing her with supernatural skill is cliche. Why couldn't it have been the two fencers fighting each other that triggered some kind of competence? Or the suffering of captured shinkis.. I get they love their masters, but man, I'd hate to see what happens if anyone actually hurt her master for real...

3) (this one's not really a gripe, just a curiosity..) Since the Eukrante chick started fighting Strarf first, why did that conflict just magically stop when the box fell.. it seems Strarf is getting soft...

P.S.: Does anyone know if ANY of the represented shinkis in the sewer were ones we have been introduced to before? Neighbor characters etc.. (I haven't seen the subbed version yet) The actions of all of them make me believe they are separate entities, but I wanted to make sure.

P.S.S : My son now hates Ach for shooting Mao's master picture. He actually yelled at the screen... (He's 5.. :lol: )
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:08 pm

halconfenix wrote:is shmetterling is high on jelly or something?? damn SHINKI SLUM looks kinda depressing...
exactly what i had in mind ^^;;
MrHolister wrote:P.S.S : My son now hates Ach for shooting Mao's master picture. He actually yelled at the screen... (He's 5.. :lol: )
XDDDDDDD ...Wait, you let your 5yo son watch this? I thought with Lene's "Gainaxing" is pretty much a fanservice. But hey, he's 5 so he doesn't understand about it ;)
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Storm Wing wrote: XDDDDDDD ...Wait, you let your 5yo son watch this? I thought with Lene's "Gainaxing" is pretty much a fanservice. But hey, he's 5 so he doesn't understand about it ;)
I'd rather him not grow up thinking sexualized things are taboo, but chainsawing somebody is "cool"... (Kinda a weird phase I'm going through with the unbalanced way entertainment slants violence versus harmless mild sexual inuendo..)

Plus, he loves the show. My wife loves the show.. lol. I would say it's pretty safe for a 5 year old.. :thumbsup:

But I'm probably more lax about boobs jiggling than some parents..lol :nanner:

P.S.: The part where the Eukrante is LITERALLY chest deep in wine made me immediately worry about her paint job... anyone else?

P.S.S... someone mentioned Baby Razz being in this episode? I did not see her.. where I miss?
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 am

That Ach sure was slutty. Can I say that? The whole resistance vs the Eukrante Overlord sure was idea for this kind of episode heh. Lene clumsily becoming the savior of the Shinki ghetto/slums to overthrow "Cloudy" and her silly dressed henchman XD. Well whatever, they're Shinkis and kid-minded so I'll let it slide.

Is it just me over-stressing or anybody pissed off that Rihito isn't even being considered a character still? I mean, he does live and breath but he doesn't have any real identity. He is simply called "Master" and you can't really find anything that shows him as being called "Rihito" other than then synopsis and such.

---

I was actually quite pleased to see the two Fencer types, even though I don't own them. Seeing Orbelleen as the Saber/Jeanne D'Arc of this show attracted me to her character with that aura of hers.

(want me to resize the images?)

We finally get to see Howling and MaoChao's Master before that cruel slutty Ach burnt a hole in that photo!

Nice to see Kohiru, Mizuki Type 2, and Sharatang in that little cheering group heh. To the above poster - Razz is the second to the right in the below image:

---
Actually enjoyed the BGM that played while the Fencers fought among themselves. Valdor, you happy that Eukrante was an evil overlord...that got overthrown? :P

For Valdor - Empress/Overlord Eukrante/Cloudy

I'm hoping for a second season as well. I don't give a crap if it's predictable or cliched, I want more :P