Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Post by MrHolister » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 am

OHWceta wrote:
This episode has me wondering. Are Busou Shinki able to have romantic feelings? This could have interesting implications since all the Busou Shinki are female with no male equivilant. Can there be lesbian relationships between any of the Shinki?
Was it episode 3 that had the rather intimate fan service part where Lene gave Ann a little too personal for my son to watch scrub down? Even Ines felt odd enough to sink in the water. So, as far as at least mutual satisfaction, it would seem possible.. as far as a relationship (wife/wife,) I don't know.. Ann proves that the shinki's devotion to their masters is akin to infatuation.. a kind of scary one in this case..
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

rantinan
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 100
MMS owned: 17
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Every Straf

Post by rantinan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:07 am

Do shinkis feel loev? Listen to install X dream again. Particularly the end of the song.

Mutter

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Hell, go listen to the first Battle Rondo Opening "I Will Follow You". Their love/devotion is pretty obvious just from the english chorus of the song (Although unlike Install x Dream it felt more like a 'programmed devotion' sort of feeling). It's interesting how Rihito doesn't think Busou Shinki should fight when, as Hina stated, it's their purpose.

I will follow you
even if there's no lights in the sky
Can't you see? I'll keep on standing for you, till the end.
I will follow you
even if there's no hope in the world
Can't you see? No one holds my hand but you are at my side
'cause I trust you
I'm filled with your love and tenderness
Can't you see? I'll keep on waiting for you, till the end
I will follow you
Even if there's no hope in the world
Endless fights, it's my just reason to be.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Considering how much those things likely cost? I'd probably be hesistant about actually letting them fight seriously myself. Competitive Shinki fighting cant be a cheap hobby. My boss races RC and he goes through $300-$ a month on just parts, let alone new cars, and that's just racing.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:22 pm

I suppose shinki would just have to work on an honor system to not seriously destroy each other in licensed matches... unlike what Tempesta did in Moon Angel. Ow.

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Post by Mobius » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Well considering the intro in the opening episode, where a Strarf drops a building and stabs a Eukrante in the chest, and we can presume that the Eukrante is Clara/Kurara, I'd say that unless it's some kind of street/deathmatch, it might be safer than we think.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Mobius wrote:Well considering the intro in the opening episode, where a Strarf drops a building and stabs a Eukrante in the chest, and we can presume that the Eukrante is Clara/Kurara, I'd say that unless it's some kind of street/deathmatch, it might be safer than we think.
^Not to mention, Rihito says he never ordered a Strarf, & she herself never explained her past.

Hello, Cliche :P
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Mobius wrote:Well considering the intro in the opening episode, where a Strarf drops a building and stabs a Eukrante in the chest, and we can presume that the Eukrante is Clara/Kurara, I'd say that unless it's some kind of street/deathmatch, it might be safer than we think.
My guess is that they use more visualizer trickery to make it so that the Shinkis involved aren't actually directly fighting. For all we know, the Shinkis might be plugged into a port somewhere and the entire thing is virtual. I know Battle Masters and Moon Angel have shown scenes of Shinkis getting scanned before fights. Also, by keeping it virtual, you can battle Shinkis online instead of having to meet someone in person. Honestly, I think Rihito just doesn't know much about it; otherwise, he'd know that it's likely not all that dangerous. I think the main four are getting into more danger just wandering around then they would be in if they participated in battles.

Of course, that's for regulated battles. Street fights are inherently unregulated, and therefore dangerous, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were underground Shinki fighting rings where the danger was ramped up as part of the sick thrill.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Storm Wing wrote:
^Not to mention, Rihito says he never ordered a Strarf, & she herself never explained her past.

Hello, Cliche :P
The Strarf in the beginning sequence isn't Hina - her eyes are a different color. The Eukrante on the other hand is confirmed to be Clara.

Also, regarding Japanese crane games: They ARE easier to win than over here. There are a few reasons for this, including anti-gambling laws. You can get an idea here http://www.tofugu.com/2007/11/26/how-to ... -catchers/.

kintaro
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7

Post by kintaro » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:17 am

That, or she had to undergo extensive (and expensive) repairs after that match.
Klinkin wrote: My guess is that they use more visualizer trickery to make it so that the Shinkis involved aren't actually directly fighting. For all we know, the Shinkis might be plugged into a port somewhere and the entire thing is virtual.
If that were true, why would they need all that non-virtual armor and weaponry that can damage real objects? I think the battle arena scenery (like Shinki-scale falling buildings) is virtual, but their injuries are unfortunately real.