Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Postby halconfenix » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Klinkin wrote:(and I believe Vitulus was mentioned somewhere to have extra computing power for targeting in a separate chip).


oh.... so its actually possible to turn vitulus into the shinki version of bayonetta?? :vitulus:
User avatar
halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Manizales (Colombia)
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Postby OHWceta » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:17 am

it's also not taking the time to really explore some of (what I think are) the more interesting aspects of Shinkis.
Which allows plenty for us fans to speculate.

This episode has me wondering. Are Busou Shinki able to have romantic feelings? This could have interesting implications since all the Busou Shinki are female with no male equivilant. Can there be lesbian relationships between any of the Shinki?

Also, we've discussed in previous episodes human rights and what Busou Shinki are allowed to do. I wonder if anyone has tried to marry their Shinki.

I'm also going to randomly throw out that unless those crane machines are built differently in Japan, that was a horribly innacurate portayal. They won that little hamster pack in one try, I know in American machines the crane will be right over the toy and the claws are rigged so they can't grab, forcing you to waste money on a toy you'll NEVER win.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm
User avatar
OHWceta
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Hell
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Postby Klinkin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:31 pm

OHWceta wrote:Also, we've discussed in previous episodes human rights and what Busou Shinki are allowed to do. I wonder if anyone has tried to marry their Shinki.

Oh, I'm sure someone's tried. However, a civil marriage requires paperwork and identification from both parties. Likely, any attempts to marry a Shinki would result in a similar outcome to the woman in Seattle who tried to marry a corporation. Most judges would probably decide that they didn't want to have to deal with all the ramifications and just reject it on a technicality.
Image
User avatar
Klinkin
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Postby Adventwings » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:34 pm

OHWceta wrote:I'm also going to randomly throw out that unless those crane machines are built differently in Japan, that was a horribly innacurate portayal. They won that little hamster pack in one try, I know in American machines the crane will be right over the toy and the claws are rigged so they can't grab, forcing you to waste money on a toy you'll NEVER win.


They're rather accurate, that if a typical Normal person tries to play it the straight-forward way, you'll get nothing but an empty wallet. There are various tricks to snag toys and dolls using the crane in a single try, sometimes even two or three at a time. But that's the domain of Crane Machine Gods. Even in Japan, there are only a handful of them who could pull that off.

...Now, since this is in Ann's World, everything goes her way and Reality takes a back seat.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>
User avatar
Adventwings
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:04 am
Location: Thailand
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Postby OHWceta » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Likely, any attempts to marry a Shinki would result in a similar outcome to the woman in Seattle who tried to marry a corporation.


But are you talking real world where they're toys or anime world where they actually have A.I. and can move around on their own and feel emotions?
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm
User avatar
OHWceta
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Hell
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Postby Klinkin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 pm

OHWceta wrote:
Likely, any attempts to marry a Shinki would result in a similar outcome to the woman in Seattle who tried to marry a corporation.


But are you talking real world where they're toys or anime world where they actually have A.I. and can move around on their own and feel emotions?

Both. Until Shinki start getting Social Security numbers and paying taxes, civil marriage is a moot issue. Also, I doubt any Shinki is eighteen years old. As for religious marriage...who knows. Religions do weird things.
Image
User avatar
Klinkin
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Postby Storm Wing » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Klinkin wrote:
OHWceta wrote:
Likely, any attempts to marry a Shinki would result in a similar outcome to the woman in Seattle who tried to marry a corporation.


But are you talking real world where they're toys or anime world where they actually have A.I. and can move around on their own and feel emotions?

Both. Until Shinki start getting Social Security numbers and paying taxes, civil marriage is a moot issue. Also, I doubt any Shinki is eighteen years old. As for religious marriage...who knows. Religions do weird things.
Religions, huh... In Islam (my religion), maybe marrying a Shinki is not forbidden ^^;; No verses about NOT allowed to marry an object in Quran, but hey this is just a fantasy! XDDDDDDDDDDDD
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!

Image

Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!
User avatar
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Indonesia ^_^
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Postby Caterwaul » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:36 am

Klinkin wrote:This seems to mesh with how the Shinkis have some sort of linked computer that holds widgets and such (and I believe Vitulus was mentioned somewhere to have extra computing power for targeting in a separate chip).
...Is THAT how they're explaining Vittle's chest? :D

OHWceta wrote:This episode has me wondering. Are Busou Shinki able to have romantic feelings? This could have interesting implications since all the Busou Shinki are female with no male equivilant. Can there be lesbian relationships between any of the Shinki?

I say we know they have romantic feelings, but that seems to be programmed in and dedicated to their master. Not sure if you can count that as being a true romantic experience.

I dont know about anyone else, but I was feeling some yuri vibes from the latest ep too :D But then, that was with a pair of masterless Shinki so who knows?
Image
User avatar
Caterwaul
News Reporter
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: New Jersey, the suburb state
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Postby Storm Wing » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:17 am

Caterwaul wrote:
Klinkin wrote:This seems to mesh with how the Shinkis have some sort of linked computer that holds widgets and such (and I believe Vitulus was mentioned somewhere to have extra computing power for targeting in a separate chip).
...Is THAT how they're explaining Vittle's chest? :D
And Ianeira's... & Graffias's... :P
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!

Image

Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!
User avatar
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Indonesia ^_^
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 8 Discussion - Spoilers Inside!

Postby Xehn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:44 am

Ianeira's are canonically buoyancy control devices.
User avatar
Xehn
Kamen Adminder
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:28 pm
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

PreviousNext

Return to Animation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest