Busou Shinki Ep 7 Discussion - Warning Spoilers

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 7 Discussion - Warning Spoilers

Post by ArcticKitsune » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:07 am

Sonja wrote:The master probably died in the mountains. That's where she lost Fubuki, so I'm guessing the two of them visit that place regularly along with the apartment.
Makes sense. It appears her soul is still attached to the apartment, probably to some object other than Fuki's, that allows her to "haunt" the apartment area. And her wearing that Miko outfit still has me puzzled - 1) Probably a volunteer - 2) Cosplay - 3) She actually is a miko that doesn't live on site at a shrine. Shall not ask how she died though, especially because we don't know. Zelno sure sees a lot of Shinkis I'll quickly note.

Well, May she rest in peace. Even more so now that she got both a gift and to see Fuki to ease her soul. *moment of silent and respect*

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Post by Nutjob » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Yeah, the ending had me go all Manly Tears there. And then the second ending was like getting smacked with a marlin.

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Zel already had lots of respect points from me for saving the Quartet earlier in Ep 5. Her respect points shot through the roof this time around.

But, really, Fuki? Is it really alright for you to constantly drop razor-sharp objects onto other shinkis, especially Ines? (Not that I mind, though. Ines seems capable of handling herself.)

That sting at the end, though... I literally went OHSHI- myself.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Just watched the subbed episode.

- Strarf got a heat stroke *poof* @_@;
- Lene wears a blue lipstick XDDDDDDDD
- Ann is a terrible horror story-teller XD
- Ines is a butt monkey of this episode
- Fuki... No sense of social skill? ^^;;
- Fuki's master looks like some Shinto sect, due to her "Miko outfit" is red over white instead the other way around.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Not a bad episode, but the whole supernatural thing just isn't my cup of tea. It's especially jarring in a light sci-fi series like this one. Also, that Zelnograd seems to be quite busy; you'd think fewer Shinkis would lack the common sense to not wind up in the mountains needing a recharge.

As for the next episode, it brings up an interesting question: why not use holograms/visualizers for human/Shinki interactions at a human scale? All you need is a small floating platform for the Shinki to stand on with a visualizer in it; you could even go the extra mile and use the already-shown capabilities of a visualizer to create "solid" holograms to add tactile feedback on both the human and Shinki end. While some of the charm is that Shinkis are so small, I could think of some instances where being able to scale up to human size would be quite useful.

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Post by Nutjob » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Perhaps it's a scalability issue? Trying to 'project' a full size human is either too energy intensive, or else the projection loses coherence outside a certain range?

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:25 pm

I don't wanna jump the gun at this point. It says "Ann goes to a date with Master", but do we actually saw her WITH master, on scale 1:1 with human, holding hands or hugging?

I'll leave it to your imagination B) Cheers.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:38 am

Are we sure Fubuki's master is a ghost and not just a squatter? :D

v2gundam
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 19
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by v2gundam » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Are we sure Fubuki's master is a ghost and not just a squatter? :D
Like this?

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworl ... set31.html

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:48 am

Klinkin wrote:Not a bad episode, but the whole supernatural thing just isn't my cup of tea. It's especially jarring in a light sci-fi series like this one. Also, that Zelnograd seems to be quite busy; you'd think fewer Shinkis would lack the common sense to not wind up in the mountains needing a recharge.
I'm with you there. I love the character design of Fuki, but they could have taken a ninja shinki in so many different ways. It seems like this anime is trying REALLY hard to appeal to all audiences though.. hopefully not to it's detriment. The ghost owner was un-needed in my opinion, and the whole haunted house to escape the heat didn't really make any sense to me..

But I like the series, and I won't fault them doing this... Ika Musame (Squid Girl ) pulled a similar episode with ghosts as well.. kinda made me not buy the series on DVD when it came out.. even though I liked the rest of the series.
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119