Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Klinkin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Interesting episode, though I wonder why they didn't just put all that luggage in...going to call it hammerspace, for lack of an official term. While it would take energy to materialize, they could fit more battery packs in there to make up for it. Heck, given the small size of Shinkis, it's obvious that the energy density of batteries has gone way up; a watch battery-sized cell could probably power a Shinki for several days of normal activity. With that said, though, if Shinkis used FPGAs for their main processing (I'm guessing they would, to allow for more "human" mental growth), if they ever completely run out of power, then they would, for lack of a better term, die; even if found and recharged, they would lose, if not their memories (though they might, since they probably use faster, more space-efficient NVM), their personalities. Another quirk of that theory is that their FPGA (essentially their brain) would be receiving power even when they sleep to keep intact, similar to REM sleep in humans. Shinkis might dream.
Image
User avatar
Klinkin
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby kintaro » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Klinkin wrote:With that said, though, if Shinkis used FPGAs for their main processing (I'm guessing they would, to allow for more "human" mental growth), if they ever completely run out of power, then they would, for lack of a better term, die; even if found and recharged, they would lose, if not their memories (though they might, since they probably use faster, more space-efficient NVM), their personalities. Another quirk of that theory is that their FPGA (essentially their brain) would be receiving power even when they sleep to keep intact, similar to REM sleep in humans. Shinkis might dream.


I'm fairly certain that achieving the kind of performance seen in anime would require radically new technologies, and that low power consumption would be pretty high on the list of priorities. I wouldn't be surprised if their FPGAs were nano-mechanical and only needed power for reconfiguration as opposed to maintaining the state (think ePaper vs LCD). Running out of power in the middle of nowhere is still bad though: non-volatile memory doesn't help you if you're never found.
User avatar
kintaro
Class A Shinki
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:23 pm
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 0

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Storm Wing » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Klinkin wrote:Interesting episode, though I wonder why they didn't just put all that luggage in...going to call it hammerspace, for lack of an official term.
I'm with you. We can see they can actually wears the Busou (armor) almost immediately, but then again we saw Ann's Jetpack almost DEEPFRIED by Ines :D So yeah, it's gotta be Hammerspace :lol: LOLs
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!

Image

Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!
User avatar
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Indonesia ^_^
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Adventwings » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:01 am

I'm officially fangirling over how awesome Zel is in this Anime. Fweee~!

Also, Quantum computers are being researched. Maybe that could explain the drastic miniaturization and lower power consumption.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>
User avatar
Adventwings
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:04 am
Location: Thailand
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby rantinan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:58 pm

According to the shinki sticker sheet of many years ago, shinki batteries are rated in 500 and 700 aH. Full AMP hours.
That's kinda small black hole levels of power... tis a good thing they didnt short out huh?

(700 Ah * 3600 c) /350 C = the power of seven thousand twohundred big ass lightening strikes
Image
User avatar
rantinan
Class A Shinki
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:14 am
Shinkis owned: 100
MMS owned: 17
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Every Straf

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Autobus Prime » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 am

rantinan wrote:According to the shinki sticker sheet of many years ago, shinki batteries are rated in 500 and 700 aH. Full AMP hours.
That's kinda small black hole levels of power... tis a good thing they didnt short out huh?

(700 Ah * 3600 c) /350 C = the power of seven thousand twohundred big ass lightening strikes


R:

Hmm, a lightning strike is about 200 kilowatt hours, but I need to know the battery's voltage rating to compare. If it's
5v, then that's 2.5-3.5 kWh. If it's 100v, 50-70 kWh. So, an awful lot of power for a little thing, but not quite up to a lightning strike. :nanner:
:benio: Image
Autobus Prime
MMS Naked
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Indoors
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby halconfenix » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Image

:fubuki: :schmetterling:
User avatar
halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Manizales (Colombia)
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Autobus Prime » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:02 pm

HF:

"I have become Death, destroyer of nekomimi"

Though not quite as much as Canthros sama, maybe. :nanner:
:benio: Image
Autobus Prime
MMS Naked
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Indoors
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Caterwaul » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:55 am

I dont know, I find the rationalization of technobabble kind of fascinating. THey have to have a lot of power to operate some of their functions, most notably the armor/weapon materialization. How much do you think a shinki's owner pays in terms of electric bill?
Image
User avatar
Caterwaul
News Reporter
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: New Jersey, the suburb state
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 5 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Autobus Prime » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:53 am

Caterwaul wrote:I dont know, I find the rationalization of technobabble kind of fascinating. THey have to have a lot of power to operate some of their functions, most notably the armor/weapon materialization. How much do you think a shinki's owner pays in terms of electric bill?


Well, using the numbers above, and given that electricity is about 18 US cents per kilowatt hour in Japan, either 45-63 cents per charge, or $9-12.60. :D

(Of course, if they're USB powered, the low number is probably closer, though all of the directed-energy weapons must be awfully efficient. :D)
:benio: Image
Autobus Prime
MMS Naked
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Indoors
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

PreviousNext

Return to Animation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron