Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Re: Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Klinkin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:04 am

Well, slightly more serious story, but still full of Shinki hijinks. I'm beginning to think that the AIs Shinkis use aren't as advanced as first thought; Lene and Howling, in particular, seem...defective? Not sure if I should use that word or a more human one, such as dizty or just plain dumb. Also, Clara, for all her hyped fighting ability, keeps making the big mistake of charging into melee with heavier opponents. How did she get second place again?
Image
User avatar
Klinkin
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Caterwaul » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:41 am

I'll just leave this here. :D
Image
Image
User avatar
Caterwaul
News Reporter
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: New Jersey, the suburb state
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby v2gundam » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:11 am

Mmm.... I like that there are a lot more action going on in this episode, but the bath scene feels completely out of place (neither does it make sense, but that's not important).

Also interesting to me is that this series so far is COMPLETELY viewed from the perspective of the Shinki. There are virtually no input from any human in the storyline except for being excuses for the Shinki's actions. I don't think I have seen any anime series that have done like this so completely, and does set this series off to a rather unique direction.
Image
User avatar
v2gundam
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 8:36 am
Shinkis owned: 19
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Adventwings » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:25 am

Oh, come on! Why does Tamamii and Pocchi have it so bad! I just hope they get some awesome moments like the other shinkis. Let's hope it's coming up in the racing episode.

Zenislez wrote:3. The rogue shinkis.
Still masterless, but keep coming back to visit Rihito's house in the name of charging (free of charge of course) and possibly stirring up some trouble with Hina and Ines.


As awesome as this sounds, I hope not. It means they'll never find their "Destined Master" even to the end.

Also... Yda's named Nanoha? Where's the befriending?!

*is shot*
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>
User avatar
Adventwings
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:04 am
Location: Thailand
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Storm Wing » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:06 am

Okay, just watched the subbed ep.3

*stares*

http://i.imgur.com/hJMWT.jpg
FAN service :P

& boy i was right or what? Eukrante IS a Large Ham ^^;
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!

Image

Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!
User avatar
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Indonesia ^_^
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Nutjob » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Hm.

The whole bath scene breaks internal consistency, though. If Strarf has to have her suit painted back on- Do the other three have Naked-type bodies lying around just for the bath scenes? And if so, and the bath conveys some sort of actual maintenance benefit, why leave the body to be fixed somewhere else and wear one that gets all the extra attention?
Nutjob
Class B Shinki
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Re: Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Storm Wing » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Nutjob wrote:Hm.

The whole bath scene breaks internal consistency, though. If Strarf has to have her suit painted back on- Do the other three have Naked-type bodies lying around just for the bath scenes? And if so, and the bath conveys some sort of actual maintenance benefit, why leave the body to be fixed somewhere else and wear one that gets all the extra attention?
I was thinking the same thing. How come those Shinkis can be naked in the bath (or as Aan says: "Combath")?

I was thinking, oh okay they swapped their body with a naked ones. But then again, it'll be AWKWARD (in a lot of meaning) if they pop off their head from their neck with "clothed" body to the naked body! & there is no way that their paint can sheds off (Hina, err, STRARF proves this with her cute little @$$ *stabbed*)
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!

Image

Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!
User avatar
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Indonesia ^_^
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Caterwaul » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 am

Adventwings wrote:Oh, come on! Why does Tamamii and Pocchi have it so bad! I just hope they get some awesome moments like the other shinkis. Let's hope it's coming up in the racing episode.
You know, I didnt realise until just now they had names on the website? :D Seriously, though. Those names are almost as unoriginal as "master's" other Shinkis. If they were English, they'd be Kitty and Rover.

Zenislez wrote:3. The rogue shinkis.
Also... Yda's named Nanoha? Where's the befriending?!
I suspect someone was just making a VA joke there.

Nutjob wrote:The whole bath scene breaks internal consistency, though. If Strarf has to have her suit painted back on- Do the other three have Naked-type bodies lying around just for the bath scenes?
It's part of the visualiser. Ep 2 did something similar; they were suddenly in a bath with 'naked' bodies instead of the normal ones.
Image
User avatar
Caterwaul
News Reporter
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: New Jersey, the suburb state
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Storm Wing » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Caterwaul wrote:
Adventwings wrote:Oh, come on! Why does Tamamii and Pocchi have it so bad! I just hope they get some awesome moments like the other shinkis. Let's hope it's coming up in the racing episode.
You know, I didnt realise until just now they had names on the website? :D Seriously, though. Those names are almost as unoriginal as "master's" other Shinkis. If they were English, they'd be Kitty and Rover.
LOLs XDDDDD

Caterwaul wrote:
Nutjob wrote:The whole bath scene breaks internal consistency, though. If Strarf has to have her suit painted back on- Do the other three have Naked-type bodies lying around just for the bath scenes?
It's part of the visualiser. Ep 2 did something similar; they were suddenly in a bath with 'naked' bodies instead of the normal ones.
Ah, that makes sense.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!

Image

Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!
User avatar
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Indonesia ^_^
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Busou Shinki Ep. 3 Discussion - Warning: Spoilers

Postby Nutjob » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Actually, yeah, that DOES make sense now that you point it out.
Nutjob
Class B Shinki
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

PreviousNext

Return to Animation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest