Busou Shinki Ep 2 Discussion - WARNING: SPOILERS

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Busou Shinki Ep 2 Discussion - WARNING: SPOILERS

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:13 am

Busou Shinki Ep 2 - Dog and Cat edition
So who's ready for episode 2? Talk away!

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: Busou Shinki Ep 2 Discussion - WARNING: SPOILERS

Post by Shikaze » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Well, one thing is sure, the guys at the helm of this anime know they're doing this for the otaku market.

I mean, there's no other way to qualify what happens to Ann than Tentacle Rape.... In what is essentially a food fight.

Also, to absolutely NO SURPRISE, Hina's tsundere level is OVER 9000 !

edit : Also, trike girls next week !

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Well...

There goes the last bit of dignity we can muster as Shinki fans.

Entertaining ep, quite cute, but that amount of fetish fanservice in one ep is going to probably cause people to drop this left and right. :P I almost feel a bit dirty after all of that pandering.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Food fight! Well...quite a nice little episode with Strarf being welcomed into the family. Found it both awkward and amusing how they just relaxed in the osen heh. The show wants to hint that it does both quick-equip and equip Rondo style in the same universe? Arnval's flier unit was found in the food.

And wow.....kitchen cooking chaos, all thanks to a mischievous ratty pair - Howling and Mao Chao. Who brought in the octopus? Was it ordered or the mischievous duo? The fan-service in this show.....awkward. Nice to see Strarf making herself at home though.

Also, looks like the stuff that was piled up in the second will be dished out all as one in the next episode. You got what happened in ep 1 & 2 then you get Ach and Yda. Bring on the battles!

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Ok, the first question that comes to mind:
Why the heck was there a LIVE OCTOPUS among the ingredients they got? And how come they completely forgot about it as soon as the power went out?

Strarf is tsun-tsun. No surprises there. That said, you'd think with their popularity as companions, Shinkis would come pre-loaded to understand the concept of not being solely fighting robots.

Next week looks to be more action-packed...and also has an extended onsen scene. I'm getting the feeling that this series developed a case of schizophrenia somewhere in the development cycle. I'm glad to see that Eukrante's getting more screentime, as it means that we should have a nicely fleshed-out supporting cast, though it looks like Eukrante's going to be on the wrong end of another one-sided battle. What did she win second place in, the Shinki Little League?

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:07 am

Don't mind me, just slipping this in now that I reviewed it:
http://ghostlysubstance.swgbex.com/Blog/?p=3421

------

Also answered my own question as to how that Octupus got there - Howling and MaoChao both put it there then hid in the fruits. They somehow slipped it in, unsure how though. Maybe I still have it wrong and need to wait for the subs.

Shameimaru
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 4

Post by Shameimaru » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:55 am

Episode 2: Minori Chihara edition. :schmetterling:

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:25 am

Rhito doesn't want his Shinki in the active battling front because he feels that it's too dangerous, and yet two of his shinki have more than enough potential to hold their own:

*Ann: As evidenced by her being able to subdue Clara (a tourney finalist) back in Ep 1.

*Hina: It's still unclear whether or not she's the same Strarf MkII that appeared in the tourney, but her sword usage speaks volumes about her skill (which also helps in culinary preparation). There was no need to put on full battle gear.

The octopus seems to be part of the ingredients they ordered. After all, from what little they researched about the local cuisine, they think that takoyaki is one of the general staples. They wouldn't have been able to just make it on a whim.

It's funny though how the Maochao was able to manipulate the Puchi Machines C to make the octopus move as if it was really alive. She must really love pulling pranks.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Post by Nutjob » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Huh. I wasn't sure what was going on with the mini meowchines running through the octopus leftovers. Maybe the subs I'm watching don't spell it out properly.

Perhaps I'm immune to fanservice, because I only thought the first 'Get Equipped with APRON ARMOUR' sequence, and the whole tentacle scene, were the only over-the-top bits.

I do love the world-building of Shinki + Cooking = BAD IDEA. (Planelegs probably loved the Deep Fried shot, though.)

Also-also, was it just my subs, or did Maochao and Howling have the horrible cat puns verbal tic in the original japanese?

And what can I say about Hina that hasn't been said already? Iron Chef had nothing on that girl. And yes, the fact she took on two full-geared Shinki without ever pulling her own armour kinda says something about that girl. And still the original three pulled a fast one on her. 'I will not cook, I will only battle.' 'BATTLE COOKING GO!' 'Wait, what?'

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:34 am

And here I thought that milk-spilling scene from Ep.01 and the "disinfectant" shots were ecchi enough, they had to throw in the Tentacles specifically for Ann. Oh, you, 8-Bit Studio.

I do like how they took into account some of the horrors of letting shinkis look after the house. As I suspected, cooking turned out into one of the many High Octane Nightmare Fuel for shinkis. But, as Hina demonstrated, with enough skills she could turn it into a What Do You Mean, It's Not Awesome? sequence.

I don't wanna know what happened with the "Blender Shinki Incident." I just... don't wanna know. :fortbragg:
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>