Busou SHinki Ep 1 Discussion - Warning SPOILERS

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Busou SHinki Ep 1 Discussion - Warning SPOILERS

Post by Klinkin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 pm

There's a simple reason the Shinki don't go to school; they're not enrolled. They can learn anything they need off the 'net with a single download. Legal person or not, schools don't let people who aren't students or faculty just hang around (though exceptions for disabled students do exist; seeing-eye Shinkis, anyone?). I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Shinkis in the workplace, though, as some combination of personal assistants, secretaries, and maybe even full-on employees. I'd guess as far as ditching masters and abused Shinki shelters go, the master would be the legal guardian or something similar, so it would work similar to how child abuse is handled today. Who knows; they might have organizations that double as secondhand Shinki retailers and abandoned Shinki shelters. Given how much Shinkis (or any form of producible consumer AI, really) shake up the legal system, I'm guessing that there's giant pieces of legislation for dealing with Shinkis and other synthetics.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:43 pm

OshareKeiji wrote:*Ann's existence in Rhito's childhood kinda throws the timeline off a bit. In the game's story canon, Arnval MkIIs were supposedly developed in 2036 (the starting timeline for Battle Masters and BM MkII). Though the fact that the current year isn't mentioned here will allow for some leeway.
that would be a retcon to the battle rondo canon where pretty much ALL the shinki craze started in 2036, starting with the first version of arnval and strarf... (according to that canon and the text on the boxes of the MKII shinkis, Arnval mk2 and strarf mk2 were made on 2041)

good thing the anime doesnt mention a specific year...

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Post by Nutjob » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Klinkin wrote:There's a simple reason the Shinki don't go to school; they're not enrolled.
Well there's a clue-by-four of basic logic to the temple. If we consider Shinki as legal persons, they need to be signed up for classes to get in. 'I need to see your Shinki's hall pass.'
Klinkin wrote: Legal person or not, schools don't let people who aren't students or faculty just hang around (though exceptions for disabled students do exist; seeing-eye Shinkis, anyone?).
That's another idea I was getting at, actually. Faculty Shinki to assist students with learning disabilities. My frame of reference is my dyslexic sister who's getting equipment from the gov't on her way to her dentistry MD; 'Oh dear your child has Dyslexia, here's your Shinki Assistant.' Would they be a specific student-assistant chassis, or would it be a 'Teach kids' software package that gets plugged in?
Klinkin wrote:I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Shinkis in the workplace, though, as some combination of personal assistants, secretaries, and maybe even full-on employees.
Heavy construction equipment with Shinki-sized controls! Commercial vehicles with a tiny bubble instead of a full cab! Hogod Shinki Terk Er Jerbs protests! Yeah, more sleep needed.
Klinkin wrote:I'd guess as far as ditching masters and abused Shinki shelters go, the master would be the legal guardian or something similar, so it would work similar to how child abuse is handled today. Who knows; they might have organizations that double as secondhand Shinki retailers and abandoned Shinki shelters. Given how much Shinkis (or any form of producible consumer AI, really) shake up the legal system, I'm guessing that there's giant pieces of legislation for dealing with Shinkis and other synthetics.
Oh, good, this way I can imagine a Good End to the Planelegs saga.

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Post by Nutjob » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:20 pm

And I keep forgetting to mention I love the sense of scale. When Euke gets Love-Letter-Slammed into the pool, notice the water drop on her head. One drop is the size of a beret.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Probably the same legal status as pets have, honestly, with some additional caveats that they're actually able to give consent (So the fighting isnt illegal). So someone who abuses their Shinki can possibly have them taken away. I bet there's a PETA equivalent too. Probably overthinking the concept though. We're talking about a universe where people are allowed free roaming, fully armed AI's here.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Yeah. I wouldn't say they have the legal status of a full person, but something between a child and an adult - they can be assigned certain legal rights (money, signatures, etc) but are 'dependents' of their master.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:09 pm

you guys are overthinking too much....

anyway: find classic strarf long swords in this episode and you earn a cookie.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Ya, I also think we are over-thinking the postal legal stuff and the abandoned-abused Shinki part. Nice thoughts though.

I believe the delivery person simply needs a signature of any kind so it all works out. Moving? Works the same? Not sure; I'm only thinking of the place I worked at (more like volunteer for school) requiring me to work with delivery trucks coming in, signing stuff because I was the only one present in the area. The figure and game delivery via Fex-Ex and etc just needs a signature from anybody. Seeing as how Shinkis are now the "norm" over there they could be considered "human" in ways.

Shinki's have full AI and emotions so making decisions for them should be easy, especially when considering them artificial intelligent life-forms. I'm pretty sure Shinkis could buy food if dogs and cats with notes & money could shop at stores in certain areas. Heard such tales so shouldn't be all that far-fetched, especially considering Shinkis having great intelligence. We even see them ordering food for their Master in whatever way possible.They'll go out of their way to help their master.

As for Shinki abuse I wouldn't doubt there would be shelters, second hand stores, day-cares, and the like. Also, do we have any Shinkis that loves teaching? Benio? Xiphos? One of those two could most likely be assistant teachers for English and school equipment. Could probably use them to snatch other Shinkis sneaking into exams and such? Specially equiped shinkis to scout out others. :maochao:

Either way I'm now over-thinking it heh.

(edit: Pardon me, trying to clean up my post a bit.)

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Just watched episode 1:

I. LOVE. STRARF's. DEATH GLARE!! XD

And that Hamster! *omnomnomnom*
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

palaceguard
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by palaceguard » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:26 pm

1st Epi was good. though i not too keen on the fact that Alne/alni get to have battery left after their flight in the boxes.
and Euke's beam cannon turned in to a machinegun.
(not sure if they changed it in BM) Thought it would be better to follow more on the game side then BM
just my 2 cents*