Busou SHinki Ep 1 Discussion - Warning SPOILERS

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Busou SHinki Ep 1 Discussion - Warning SPOILERS

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:25 am

Discuss episode 1 here, spoilers allowed!
As a warning, please remember that BSW does not allow the linking to download sites.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Re: Busou SHinki Ep 1 Discussion - Warning SPOILERS

Post by Sonja » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:57 am

As far as we know at this point in time, The Anime Network plans to 'simulcast' it (though simulcast with what station is another story..) for North America, Anime on Demand will have it for UK/Ireland for free.

Right now those are the legal options.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:46 pm

That was watchable, hilarious, and entertaining. The comical points were your typical cliched but still enjoyable. The only serious parts were when Strarf was around. The main character is also tolerable, yet a bit of a drone socially.

Spoiler - In brief - Rihito and Arnval move to Tokyo, tasking Arnval to unpack while he goes to school. All hell breaks loose in a comical manner as other Shinkis of Rihito's join in. The battles are nicely done and perfectly drawn out length wise to enjoy them. That hamster is there to be cute which I found a bit annoying.

Now then, if you guys will let me I'll grab the screenshots and blog them for those that can't watch it.
-----------

@Shik: That image you showed is of Shinkis cleaning the toilet lol....

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Watched it, so cute.

Ines is gonna be the butt of ALL boobs joke, mark my words !

And that pic of the toilet cleaning has managed to weird out everyone who I showed it too XD

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 pm

just watched the raw and i can say a couple things:

- this is funny stuff!

- Ann is clearly the "elder sister" of the bunch, yet she manages to be so kawaii... in a stereotypical way... still good though

- poor eukrante... but that only taught us one thing: do NOT piss off Ann

- someone said here the plot was going to turn dark at one point or another... and my best bet is that is going to happen with hina's story...

next episode: mao and howl enter the scene!

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Well, AK keeps thinking the plot will go dark. In my opinion it might head towards that way temporarily but get deflected, I can't see it getting too dark (it's a 14A show after all). We're not going to hit Persona/Madoka levels of dark/sad, Busou Shinki has never really gone that way even when it's gotten serious (Artemis in Rondo was tragic, the stories in Battle Masters are serious but not very dark, etc).

I liked this first episode more than I expected I would, can't wait to see it subbed but so far it was easy enough to follow what they were saying. Poor Eukrante can't catch a break though.

I wonder why a shinki with a tournament background seems to have been sent to them... perhaps she was mailed to the wrong address.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Sonja wrote:Well, AK keeps thinking the plot will go dark. In my opinion it might head towards that way temporarily but get deflected, I can't see it getting too dark (it's a 14A show after all). We're not going to hit Persona/Madoka levels of dark/sad, Busou Shinki has never really gone that way even when it's gotten serious (Artemis in Rondo was tragic, the stories in Battle Masters are serious but not very dark, etc).

I liked this first episode more than I expected I would, can't wait to see it subbed but so far it was easy enough to follow what they were saying. Poor Eukrante can't catch a break though.

I wonder why a shinki with a tournament background seems to have been sent to them... perhaps she was mailed to the wrong address.
Ya, I expect the "dark" atmosphere from the beginning introduction and the ending with Strarf. Basically the same Starf killing Arnvals and Tempesta going rogue in Moon Angel type. Not that I want it, just that Busou Shinki showed me it could go that route so I'm expecting it going such. If it doesn't then no real loss really. Guess people will point and laugh when I'm "wrong" in later episodes.

-----

- Episode 1 review here:

http://ghostlysubstance.swgbex.com/Blog/?p=3404

I took waaaay too many images and posted almost as much. Either way hope you guys enjoy it. If I miss anything expect you guys to correct me or add so I can add them as well where possible.

Hope at least Renge, Benio, or Kohiru appears, then I'd be truly happy. With an actual role, no quick cameos :P.

Ranalcus

Post by Ranalcus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:54 pm

I spend really good that 24 minutes.
Delicious Ball Joints :3

Now i have to wait for subs... =____=

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:38 pm

ArcticKitsune wrote:- Episode 1 review here:

http://ghostlysubstance.swgbex.com/Blog/?p=3404
in the screenshot with fubuki... the shinki on the extreme right is not lavina but valona

just my 2 cents... XD