New Busou Shinki series! Fall, 2012!

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Re: New Busou Shinki series! Fall, 2012!

Post by Nutjob » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:54 am

So they've figured out how to articulate millimetre-thick fingers and make expressive faces at a combat-durable level, but yet they haven't figured out how to close off a gaping hip joint?

sounds legit.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Ask that to the people who does the box art :P

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Judging from Moon Angel, MMS1sts had animated hip joints, similar to figures, while MMS3rds had fully closed, flexible hip joints. In the CGI portions of the third trailers, it looks like Eukrante has open hip joints but Arnval had closed hip joints, so perhaps this series will contain the same distinction between the two body types. As far as animation budget is concerned, the series looks to be at least partly done with CGI, where it would be a simple task to add those joints, but there's also some hand-drawn in there, too (and the separation between the two styles is rather noticeable, compared to some recent series).

Meanwhile, over on Crunchyroll, we have a synopsis:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... inki-anime
Some guys wait their entire life to meet the girl of their dreams, but high school freshman Rihito is already living with FOUR of them! And, even more incredibly, they’re (almost) always ready and willing to help him with whatever difficult task their “Master” needs to be handled. So, how did Rihito get to be so lucky? Well, to tell the truth, while Hinna, Anne, Ines and Rene may not be exactly high maintenance, Rihito DOES have to make sure that they get lubricated regularly and have their batteries recharged in a cradle. But that’s because they’re Shinki: tiny, 6-inch high, customizable androids that are now being sold all over the world. And don’t let their tiny size fool you. These little ladies have more than full-size intelligence and emotions, and since each one would prefer to be Rihito’s favorite, there’s sure to be a little mechanical friction! Get ready for sparks to fly as four battery powered princesses take charge of Rihito’s world in BUSOU SHINKI!
So definitely not without a bit of harem antics, but it definitely looks like it could be a cute little series. However, here's some interesting bits:
  • It says "The series is set to debut through select digital outlets soon..."; I think that makes it likely we're going to see a professional simulcast.
  • The two character designers both worked on Madoka, but the director and series composition guy have some lighter-hearted series behind them (Infinite Stratos and Keroro Gunsou, respectively). Given the trailers, it looks to follow the latter in tone...but so did Madoka before we learned Uroboichi was involved.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:17 pm

^Aww come on! You don't think ANY "light-toned" series doesn't a big plot, right? Even if it's a slice of life, at least there's gotta be one WHAM LINE.

Or a Wham Episode...
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:22 am

Guess you guys are already commenting on how the show will take a turn for the "worst" - Meaning: From light-hearted to a darker theme. The news we got mentions "Madoka" with people already speculating that the show will take a darker turn. I can see that with how my amount of Shinki exposure. I hope it goes a similar route with Artemis (Battle Rondo), Mimic (BM MK. II), and Athena (Moon Angel) in it going dark or sorrowful in ways. Pretty sure someone showed me a mange or something going "dark" as well.

One thing I can say is the "wait and see" response bah.

---------

For those lost - News - http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... inki-anime
Artemis - http://www.flickr.com/photos/persocom/6516494757

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:06 pm

this might sound a bit off-topic here... (well, it is!) but i wonder how many of you guys are members of the animesuki forums.

i ask because i just found their shinki anime thread and some of the comments posted there are kinda familiar... you know... :strarf:

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:37 am

Just registered to see what people actually think.

--------

Also came across this on crunchy forums:
Busou Shinki TV (13 episodes; see comment)
Premiere: Friday, October 5, 2012 @ 1:55 AM
Studio: 8bit
Network: TBS
Comment: Listed by Countdown, FansubDB & Fansub Wiki. Premiere date and time listed by Countdown and FansubDB. Episode count is per Countdown. (FansubDB lists 12-13 episodes, Fansub Wiki lists 12 episodes).
12-13 episodes eh? As to be expected I guess.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:20 am

13 eisode? 2nd season will be available IF this 1st season is a success.

Imho anyways ^^;;
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 pm

They might go with some darker aspects later on, but I dont think it's inevitable. They might keep things fairly light.

As for the hip joints, looking at some of the official art, they're still their,they're just hidden a bit better. Found these over at animesuki and you can see the hip joints where the thigh joins the body.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 pm

...........I couldn't figure out what the crap was going on in that second one, but I realized Strarf is getting hugged by a hamster.