New Busou Shinki series! Fall, 2012!

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: New Busou Shinki series! Fall, 2012!

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 am

pauldy had posted a comment that was way too negative not to warrant the reply I gave :P
Seriously, if you don't like something, avoid it and let those who do enjoy it for as long as possible.
Now watching Pokemon. Lengthy and people hate it, but others like it, so I'm glad it's still on despite seizures, earthquakes, blackfaces and other offensive stuff, and thanks to the games introducing new stuff, it's still fresh. (I'm looking for the subbed uncensored japanese episodes by the way, if anyone can help... I only have 1-35 and 38, along with other banned ones)

I don't pick sides on fillers. On one hand you have Endless Eight and the 5 minutes on Namekusei (and pretty much every DBZ fight), but on the other hand you may have stuff that lets you know more about the mythology and the characters. I see people hating the Naruto fillers all the time, but I've read the manga and felt the childhood era was way too short and underdeveloped, so I actually look forward to the fillers when I do watch the anime, to get more of what I like. The side I pick will depend on what kind of filler it is, if it's something to elaborate more on the story or just some stupid thing to cut costs and avoid reaching the manga's story (even though it can be made nicely like what they did on Saint Seiya with the Ghost Saints and then Asgard, which is actually better than the original story. If you can't do it, then do like Bleach and halt the anime until the manga/script is further ahead).

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 am

what I meant in my last post was that I enjoy a good story, and prefer it to be long, but sometimes it can't be helped and the story must process along, I enjoy shows like Naruto, I just don't always have time to catch up if I fall behind, and I like filler episodes sometimes, they tend to build character personalitys and help out in the love for the characters as well as provide comic relief, but at the same time, if the filler interupts a main point in the plot line, I will still watch it but I won't be as happy about it, a long show can be just as good and I honestly hope this show turns out like pokemon or Naruto did and goes for a while and with the posibility of new shinki so often, this show may even outlast pokemon LOL

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 am

Shiaoran wrote:pauldy had posted a comment that was way too negative not to warrant the reply I gave :P
Seriously, if you don't like something, avoid it and let those who do enjoy it for as long as possible.
Mod: This is not up for debate. He is allowed to have a negative opinion on things and is allowed to express it so long as he doesnt insult people in the process. You can either discuss his opinion cordially or take your own advice, which I conveniently marked for you.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm not bashing anyone, if that's what you're thinking. I thought you had understood that from your previous post.
Caterwaul wrote:Combined with the internet's lack of tone, your friendly, joking comment can come off as an insult.
I don't pick fights, if I don't like what someone posts and I see the person is a jerk, I simply ignore, but I can always make a friendly counter if I think the person will play along. If I come out as arrogant, it's just me not making the text good enough to give the right tone. I do use emoticons to help this, they were made for this, as you can see in my other posts.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:22 pm

When it comes to long shows, the only ones I enjoy that are in the 100+ episode range is Legend of Galactic Heroes and Galaxy Express 999. As for possible length of the Busou Shinki anime, it can be as long as it can be as long as I find the show highly enjoyable. Now, here is my question. Will it be related to the OVA or entirely separate? Maybe this was already answered earlier. Voice actors and actress's are as far as I know unknown. Plot or plots/ arcs are unknown. There is just too much unknown at this point of time.
The only outcome I am hoping for is a new reassurance of interest to the line and therefore, more figures. How many shinki's exist right now and if we are to go with say a tournament style show, how many one on one's or fights can we have and yet maintain a level of entertainment that we can all or most of us like. I can see easily 25 to 26 episodes being within reason within two season span. I also hear of two shinkis that are sen but never released. Maybe they are like the uber final level boss at the end of those types of shows.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:38 pm

@Caterwaul, Shiaoran, royalpain88: About these talk about "fillers", i actually enjoy fillers, as long as it have quality. I don't want a lame filler. I want an [*throws a dollar bill in the jar*] EPIC filler. I'm not paying much attention to Bleach's Bount arc. But i DO love that Zanpakutou rebellion arc. Your mileage may vary, so does people's opinion.
:thumbsup:

Now let's sit back, stretch your legs, & wait for another updates, shall we? ;)
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:41 pm

An update? Will wonders never cease.
Just a little bit of background info about the universe.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/busou/special/word.html

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Post by Nutjob » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Oooh. What are the odds that the 'Jerry can' at the bottom there becomes a licensed beverage tie-in?

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Nutjob wrote:Oooh. What are the odds that the 'Jerry can' at the bottom there becomes a licensed beverage tie-in?
It's one of those that comes with Ach, they're not for humans, unless you want a few drops of Oil, Nitro, or Coolant XD

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:55 pm

I find it interesting how some of the technologies involved with the various Shinki accessories mirrors what's just around the developmental corner today. The cradles are obviously examples of induction charging, which is currently being prototyped for everything from cellphones to pacemakers. The "visualizer" looks like it uses holograms, which are also just entering their infancy of consumer products. As for the Shinkis themselves, I'd say they likely pass the Turing test, something that modern AI programs are just a few points short of. I can't wait to see what other technologies are displayed in the anime; I'm guessing windows, perhaps even entire walls, that act as touchscreens, roads and parking lots with built-in solar panels, and self-driving cars. What do you guys think?