Busou Shinki - Moon Angel, Ep 2 Discussion

For discussion of the Busou Shinki anime shorts and unofficial animation such as Plamoo's stop motion movies.

Moderator: Caterwaul

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Busou Shinki - Moon Angel, Ep 2 Discussion

Post by ArcticKitsune » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:08 am

Awesome, yet too short. Bah. I found Arnval to be quite amusing.

Flap your wings like a butterfly, just don't jump! :P

Now then, do you have a spoiler tag?

SPOILERS!
[spoilers]LOL @ Arnval grabbing onto the balloon forcing the main character to catch Arnval in return. Also get to see Rondo-esque starting procedures that we've seen in Rondo. Basically stating the serial code, company, type, and then a name. And wow, Straf sure is a pack-rat when it comes to "destroying" other Arnvals. All the Arnval types were in one area in a mini-alley instead of scattered.[/spoilers] - Highlight text for spoilers.

--------

For those wondering how I viewed it:
- I went onto the Japanese PSN and bought it for 400 yen ($5 Canadian), downloaded it, and placed onto my PSP to view it inside your room in Battlemasters MK 2 under the TV option. For those that want to watch it (even for free), well.....you'll have to wait for the blu-ray set.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Re: Busou Shinki - Moon Angel, Ep 2 Discussion

Post by OshareKeiji » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:21 am

Same. I'm saving my PSN Japan points to get the other episodes because I want the full Tempesta set. Makes me wonder if there's going to be a Tempesta unit later on, putting those things on white Arnval Mk2 is just... meh.

On Topic: Despite appearances, Tsubasa is amazing. He was able to repair Arnval both internally and externally. I reckon he already has the mad programming skills, and he must've been looking forward to getting a Shinki so much that he did lots of research.

Funny how in the game proper, most characters depend on the Shinki Center for maintenance and repair. Not him though.

The name Tsubasa gives Arnval officially justifies the subtitle: Kaguya, taken from the name of a moon princess in Japanese folklore.

If the naming history is any indication, I sense an eventual parting in the horizon... hope I'm proven wrong though.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Same as the others, got it as DLC, viewable ingame. Episode 3 should be out tomorrow in the same way, still 400 yens.

And it seems to me that after all the shocks to her system, Arnval/Kaguya has been reformatted as a standard shinki, which she's not if we go by episode 1.

I still say that CI's Strarf got herself upgraded and stole the role in this anime :strarf:

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Shikaze wrote:Same as the others, got it as DLC, viewable ingame. Episode 3 should be out tomorrow in the same way, still 400 yens.

And it seems to me that after all the shocks to her system, Arnval/Kaguya has been reformatted as a standard shinki, which she's not if we go by episode 1.

I still say that CI's Strarf got herself upgraded and stole the role in this anime :strarf:
It wasn't really clear whether it was the EP1 battle or Tsubasa's recovery efforts that reset Kaguya's system though (or both?). Until Konami clarifies that, we have our first plothole right here.

According to the site's official synopsis, EP3 will focus on Kaguya's debut battle with a Zelnogrard... debut in terms of being under Tsubasa's wing, at least.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:47 pm

Given the way her eyes went blank, I tend to believe it's the shock to her system. But it IS true that Tsubasa may also have done it by reinitializing her system while trying to reboot her. I'm not good enough at japanese to understand what he did exactly.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Shikaze wrote:Given the way her eyes went blank, I tend to believe it's the shock to her system. But it IS true that Tsubasa may also have done it by reinitializing her system while trying to reboot her. I'm not good enough at japanese to understand what he did exactly.
It's more the presentation that made it vague. I pretty much got the fine points dialogue-wise and it's still unclear to me how the memory got wiped exactly.

Maybe it's alluding to Arnval Mk2's in-game scenario where a forced shutdown = supposed memory loss?

It's only just begun, so unanswered questions are natural.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Alright, I reviewed episode 2 if anybody cares.

http://ghostlysubstance.swgbex.com/Blog/?p=2746

Looking back I find this to be quite an awesome episode. I spotted some things I didn't the first time around :).