Battle Masters MK2 questions

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Re: Battle Masters MK2 questions

Post by OshareKeiji » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:41 am

Shikaze wrote:For the ulti rail, just a question : do you have to win a handicap battle to obtain it, or do you automatically get it at love 20 ?
It unlocks after viewing the Love 20 event.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:13 pm

so you mentionn an ultimate rail ex, is that a different move or the same one with more damage? because I really wanted Ianeira to have her fish in this game, and when I was nameing my Ianeira to be Ianeira, it would not except it, it insisted I made it spelled ianiera, does anyone know why?

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:48 pm

star wrote:so you mentionn an ultimate rail ex, is that a different move or the same one with more damage? because I really wanted Ianeira to have her fish in this game, and when I was nameing my Ianeira to be Ianeira, it would not except it, it insisted I made it spelled ianiera, does anyone know why?
Same move, of course.

More damage is obvious, but EX rails also have extra effects. Some will have increased hits, and almost all of them will have a movement shift option (same with Move rails, when X comes up, pressing it will change the direction or timing of the move).

This game is biased against certain types of character combinations, both Roman and Kanji. I tried naming a Shinki "Mio" in Kanji, and got shafted there as well.

My guess is that it just lacks ample memory for that. After all, the name is going to appear in certain Love Events.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Despite all Ultimate and Ultimate EX RA heavy damage, some of them are less favourable due to some issues.

Either
Easily interrupted by a handgun (ex. Arnval first Ultimate and Ultimate EX).
Horrid recovery time (ex. Ach).
Preparation too long (ex. Eukrante).
Easily avoidable (ex. Ianeira).
Small hitbox (ex. Howling).

Some of them can be remedied by using combo chain though. Ianeira using her ultimate EX during combo chain is downright scary. Maximum damage for her in my case until now is around 8000 damage. I have a feeling that Ultimate and Ultimate EX RA ignore or partially pierce def. Or maybe they are just too strong.

Speaking of def, I realized the hard way that no mather how good the shinki guard, a bazooke landed on her head will ignore the guard. Is it just coincedence or attack from above is difficult to guard?
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Xary
MMS Naked

Post by Xary » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:27 am

Zenislez wrote: Speaking of def, I realized the hard way that no mather how good the shinki guard, a bazooke landed on her head will ignore the guard. Is it just coincedence or attack from above is difficult to guard?
Maybe some shield pieces widen your defense field's arc at the cost of no damage guard being impossible (did see some shinkis with different patterns to their defense field) ?

Does the freebie Shinki at the beginning changes depending on wich starter you pick ?

Thinking about restarting my game....

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:43 am

That is usually change by the shield the shinki currently equipping. As far as I know the guard are start to only in front, to 180 degree, to 360 degree, at the cost of shield strength. Focused guard from the front start at blue color while 360 degree start at green.

I doubt I break my guard since no shattering sound. It just the bazooka round landed straight on her head and damage her as if not guarded.

Why do you want to restart? And no, the freebie shinki (fubuki) won't change at all.

Edit:
I don't see the reason to restart. Even if you miss something, you can get it later. If choosing the wrong choice for love event, you can just reset her memories so you can do her love event again.
The only thing that can't be change is the user (your) name. If you choose to use stupid names, then tough luck.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

pkrsrera
MMS Naked
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estoril

Post by pkrsrera » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:04 am

About the Mimic's equipments, do I have to get them all before I finish the storyline?

I planned to use Justice to farm the Mimics while in NG+ to unlock them, but they're just too strong.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:14 am

Nah, it's good to get it later.

You see the mimic equipment change on your last shinki you used or change parts love level.

To make it simple, the mimic change it's equipment at 5 lvl interval. That is 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30.
The best lvl to start hunting mimic is
3/4 for lvl 5
8/9 for lvl 10
13/14 for lvl 15
18/19 for lvl 20
22/23/24 for lvl 25
Anything above 25 for lvl 30

The reason for the lvl is for your shinki to have enough cost capacity to bring killer weapon and enough armor so you don't KO silly from a single RA or attack.
Last edited by Zenislez on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

pkrsrera
MMS Naked
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estoril

Post by pkrsrera » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:20 am

So I should lose to a Mimic once with my Justice at Level 1 to bring down their level?

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:45 am

No. That is not what I meant.

I mean, mimic lvl will adjust accordingly to the last shinki you used in tournament or match or change parts. You don't need to lose to mimic to bring down their level.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"