Battle Masters MK2 questions

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Re: Battle Masters MK2 questions

Post by OshareKeiji » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:53 am

pkrsrera wrote:About the Mimic's equipments, do I have to get them all before I finish the storyline?

I planned to use Justice to farm the Mimics while in NG+ to unlock them, but they're just too strong.
As long as you stay in the part where the Mimics appear (by not reverting to Clear New Game), you'll have no problems.

By the way, don't use Justice.

The game doesn't recognize her as one of the regulars, so if you try to farm for lower level stuff, you'll instead be facing one of the Mimics who's along the rank range of the Shinki you last used before Justice.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 am

Ye gads, just tried Mary Celes' ulti... While easily avoidable, it's good for a few things : get you clear out of range, not easily interrupted, and... well, it's a freaking missile spam, what's not to love here ?

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:25 am

Shikaze wrote:Ye gads, just tried Mary Celes' ulti... While easily avoidable, it's good for a few things : get you clear out of range, not easily interrupted, and... well, it's a freaking missile spam, what's not to love here ?
One thing's for sure, it's useless in a combo chain.

But it's a good escape offensive, much like Evil Howl.

Xary
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

Post by Xary » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:41 am

Zenislez wrote: Why do you want to restart? And no, the freebie shinki (fubuki) won't change at all.

Edit:
I don't see the reason to restart. Even if you miss something, you can get it later. If choosing the wrong choice for love event, you can just reset her memories so you can do her love event again.
The only thing that can't be change is the user (your) name. If you choose to use stupid names, then tough luck.
Not really the problem here

Thing is as I said before I took a brand new SD card just for Battlemasters mk2 since I'll eventually get myself the DLC shinkis (espescially the Violin one with the giant speaker wings, she just look too pretty too pass up on trying out) but my last SD card barely has 1000 memory left and its on THIS CARD that I first started, its not that I want to pick things I missed but its just that I don't think I have a bloody cable to change the files to my other card and my first card has obviously not enough capacity for the DLC shinkis

So yeah...I don't really WANT to start over but it would be generally more convenient...

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:17 am

OshareKeiji wrote:
Shikaze wrote:Ye gads, just tried Mary Celes' ulti... While easily avoidable, it's good for a few things : get you clear out of range, not easily interrupted, and... well, it's a freaking missile spam, what's not to love here ?
One thing's for sure, it's useless in a combo chain.

But it's a good escape offensive, much like Evil Howl.
And on that note... I can't seem to get the timing to do combo, any tips ?

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:32 am

@Xary
Oh. Why not try to buy a new spare cable? Usually those selling PSP also sells a spare cable data or two. And usually it is not that expensive.

@Shikaze
Combo timing? Do you mean just normal attack or attack to other attack/RA?
I my self not very good at timing, but usually I press it around the time it hits the enemy.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:55 am

Shikaze wrote: And on that note... I can't seem to get the timing to do combo, any tips ?
It takes a bit of getting used to.

Ex: When using Knuckles, press R + RA Command the instant the fourth blow hits.

You never do it during a knockdown blow. You'll just be wasting SP and leaving yourself open when the enemy recovers.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 am

Ah, the timing for change to RA?

Knuckle: 5 hit, do the RA combo after the 4th hit.
Dual dagger: 5 hit, do at the 3rd hit because the shinki jump a little at the 4th combo.
Drill: 5 hit, press attack one time to do 3 hit then do RA combo.
Pile Bunker: 2 hit, just no. Don't do it. If you want, do it after the 1st hit.
1h sword: 4 hit. Do it after the 3rd.
Rod: 4 hit. Do it after the 3rd.
Spear, dual saber, big sword, axe, hammer: 3 hit. Do it after the 2nd.
Musical instrument: 2 hit. No knockdown so you can safely do it after the 2nd hit.

And like OshareKeiji said, don't do it at knockdown hit, which usually the last one.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 am

so I'm not sure if this has been covered but how do I get a mimic? I have beaten the game and had Justice but never actually unlocked mimic, and if the mimic love level reflects the opponent last battled with Justice, I feel really accompmlished because my Justice faught it at love 10 after my love 37 Ianeira and won, it took forever but I rushed it to KO, and you can't own multiple same shinki in this game, and I did in the last game so when I transfered my save data I think I caused glitches because the characters stayed but now I have started again from the begining so it should fix itself right? my main issue was that Justice had to be used constantly because using other shinkis before her caused her to have hours of loading time, and can I download her personality? she just sits there and does nothing in talking

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Finish the main story first. It's possible to get one after a random encounter from there.

Sadly, Justice doesn't have any Love Events.