Battle Masters MK2 questions

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Re: Battle Masters MK2 questions

Post by Zenislez » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:15 pm

As far as I remember, shinki specific tournaments are not needed for F2 tournament requirement.

You sure already beaten all the opponent at arcade/game centre? If already, try entering shop,custom shop, junk shop, tourney building, everywhere. Sometimes there are events that you must see 1st.

Don't think too much about it. You'll be amaze at how weird the skill placement of the shinkis skill (increasing speed by wearing a hair ornament? Increase critical by wearing a bell? Emergency ascend/descend by wearing earrlngs? What the?).

Unfortunately, no. Altines will never, ever move her exo skeleton arm. Only the skirt part. Altlene on the other hand will open the skirt part into wings and use her exo arm for throwing her sword during her special RA.

The easiest way to remember which one which.
Altines is black and red with her hair style is short twin tail. She is also a tomboy and saying herself boku.
Altlene is white and blue with her hair very long. Strangely enough, she is THE ONLY SHINKI that kept her long hair when using most hair parts where the other magically become fubuki style. She is also a desu spammer. Kinda like Suiseiseki.

If I'm not mistaken, Strarf is available after F2 tournament.

About the special shinki RA, it will be in katakana at the last order after attack and special attack.
1st thing 1st. Special RA is always with the shinki default armor. Remember when choosing armor part, by pressing Left or Right, you change the category to a specific shinki. Then by pressing L or R, you change the view on the lower right bottom. During the parameter that shows def, rank and properties, by pressing L once or R 5 times, it will show if the parts will be necessary for a special RA AND the name of the RA.

Titles? They don't do anything. Only 4 titles that give you special RA, and you only need to get the title and don't need to equip it.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Zenislez wrote:Unfortunately, no. Altines will never, ever move her exo skeleton arm. Only the skirt part. Altlene on the other hand will open the skirt part into wings and use her exo arm for throwing her sword during her special RA.

Titles? They don't do anything. Only 4 titles that give you special RA, and you only need to get the title and don't need to equip it.
Some minor corrections:

~During Alteines' Ultimate RA (Scissors Gallias Dominior), BOTH the arms and the skirt parts move.

~You can equip titles on your personal Friend Card data, though it doesn't mean much if you don't play with anyone/use the PSN's Ad-Hoc Party.

I'm currently using the "Let's Be Serious Together!" title from Eukrante's final.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:38 pm

You sure? I thought it is only her arm and not the exo arm. But then again I rarely use her Ultimate EX RA.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Zenislez wrote:You sure? I thought it is only her arm and not the exo arm. But then again I rarely use her Ultimate EX RA.
It's the Rear Part Arms + blades hidden under the skirt armor.

The first time I pulled off the move, it reminded me of Z Gundam's "The O".

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:52 pm

After try it and watch it again just now, I'm sure that her upper part exo arm is not moving. It is the lower skirt that open and move where the front skirt become the blade and the side skirt become hidden arm.
But then again, the camera almost always on her back when she do her Ultimate EX RA, so it is really difficult to see clearly.

And yes, it do remind me of the O. Though on a larger scale.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

pkrsrera
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estoril

Post by pkrsrera » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:59 am

This might be a little off-topic, but what are the stories behind each Shinki's Love Events for the player?

I am very curious to know since all the Shinkis have very serious moments that really touched my heart as well as moments that make me laugh. Despite not understanding Japanese, I can still understand the emotions and the music helped with the mood.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:50 am

Been meaning to do an info thread on character backstories for a while now. Here's the "off the top of my head" version. DLC ones not included. Also forgot Tsugaru's event, so she won't be listed for now.

Arnval - Lacks confidence but wants to improve for her master's sake. Sadly, she is is plagued with a first generation defect that makes her prone to violent outbursts and hard shutdowns will incur memory loss.

Strarf - A brooding Shinki who's obsessed with efficiently winning battles. A series of losses to a cheater broke her resolve and led her to doubt her own abilities.

Howling - Willing to do anything to serve her master, Howling sometimes wishes that she was human because she is unable to do certain tasks.

Maochao - No longer satisfied with being just a doted-on cat, she looks around for ways on how she can relate better with her master with humorous results.

Ach - Aside from speed, Ach is also obsessed with being a defender of justice. Her misguided righteous streak lands her in hot water in more than one occasion.

Yda - Loves her master but doesn't let it show, hiding behind a prideful mask which leads her to put down her master for not being a classy and refined gentleman.

Altlene - Ladylike but a little klutzy, Altlene goes out of her way to help a down-on-his luck guy get back on his feet and reunite with his cross-dressing son. (whacked but true)

Alteines - Is particular about battling like Strarf but a little less harsh. Alteines worries about her master's future and decides to play cupid for his sake.

Ianeira - Is sexy and she knows it. Ianeira uses her charm and confidence to influence a shy girl to pursue her dream of becoming a pop idol.

Eukrante - Is self-conscious about being too serious, but becomes more focused and determined to knock some sense into a recent acquaintance who's too hung up on battling limitations.

Estoril - Not really interested in battling, her goal is to be faster than anyone else, which leads to a rivalry with another master's like-minded Ach.

Jillrivers - Is royally stubborn, questioning the value of winning and looking down on those who do not take battling seriously, like promo talents and modders.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:12 am

I think you also forgot Zelnogrard and Fubuki.

Since I'm don't have enough japanese knowledge, unfortunately explaining the story is totally not my field.

However, I do believe that for some Shinki, you only explained until love event 20. Some have different story after that.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:35 am

Zenislez wrote:I think you also forgot Zelnogrard and Fubuki.

Since I'm don't have enough japanese knowledge, unfortunately explaining the story is totally not my field.

However, I do believe that for some Shinki, you only explained until love event 20. Some have different story after that.
That's the "off the top of my head" version for you. When I feel like running through all the events again, I'll just draft the thread I mentioned earlier.

Zelnogrard - A total weapons freak, she seeks out the legendary weapon "Atomic Javelin" and later the "Legendary One-Piece Dress" when her obsession moves towards cute shinki accessories as well.

Fubuki - Regardless if bought or given, she'll have the same story for some reason: She was abandoned by her former master because her older technology was starting to be a hindrance (low LP, needs to enter sleep mode when not in battle, etc). This factor is also having an effect on her short-term memory, not to mention her net functional longevity.
Last edited by OshareKeiji on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:46 am

No kidding. Fubuki maybe the most fragile shinki in terms of LP. No mather how I customized her open parts, when used with her default gear, she has the lowest LP of all my shinki roster with LP just barely above 10k and paper thin def.

Fortunately her offense is quite devastating, back up with quite high speed, though by no means can match Ach in speed.

Speaking of speed...

Despite Estoril ambition becoming the fastest shinki, strangely enough, there is no event of her rivalry with your own Ach.

If only there are events about your own shinkis relationship with others, it will be much more interesting. But, alas we don't have it. And I think there will be no DLC for this kind of events.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"