Battle Masters MK2 questions

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Re: Battle Masters MK2 questions

Post by OshareKeiji » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:39 am

Xary wrote:About the DLC bit:

I say that because I found a DLC shinki that KINDA looks like a mix of Arnval and Altlene, thing is I didn't see any armor/equipement set for her so I figured...

Oh well...

Anywho, can someone name some of the DLC shinkis with a raw description of them ?

I'm mostly interrested in the drummer and Violinnist shinkis but I can see myself getting Vic Viper and LordBritish soon after thoses...
The DLCs are: (by base hairstyle since that's pretty much what you see in the PSN Store thumbnails anyway)

Type Guitar Baby Razz - light purple-haired in twintails.
Type Violin Sharatang - light blue long hair.
Type Hellhound Gabrinne - short black hair
Type Ninetail Fox Renge - short whitish hair
Type Tentacles Maryceles - green short hair.
Type Centaur Proxima - light-blue short, spiky style hair.
Type Eagle Raptias - gray mid-length hair.
Type Lynx Artille - blonde short hair.
Type Vic Viper Blue Verveitta - light-purple long hair.
Type Vic Viper Red (not Lord British) Lirbiette - blonde twintail hair.
Type Fighter Asuka - mid-length black hair.
Type Panzer Murmeltier - short pink hair.
Type Fencer Pearl Oorbellen - blonde long hair
Type Fencer Obsidian Zielbellen - pale purple short hair.
Type Flower Zyldaria - light gray long hair with ornaments.
Type Seed Juvisy - light pink short hair with two red streaks.
Type Angel Arnval Mk2 Black (available free if you buy all the episodes of Moon Angel via PSN)

The love event and equipment data will only be listed in the PSN Store upon purchasing the base model.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:36 pm

OshareKeiji wrote:equipment data will only be listed in the PSN Store upon purchasing the base model.
Not true. You can buy armor without buying the shinki it belongs to. Only the event data is tied to base model.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 am

Xehn wrote: Not true. You can buy armor without buying the shinki it belongs to. Only the event data is tied to base model.
*Checks with alt PSN account*

Ah, my mistake.

Kinda forgot because I got everyone on my main.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:43 pm

well, remember. For a while, the only thing you could get of Oorbellen was her armor.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Xehn wrote:well, remember. For a while, the only thing you could get of Oorbellen was her armor.
Being a vet of Battle Masters 1, I know that all too well.

Arnval just couldn't fill in those parts. The proud ailurophobic fencer's appearance would eventually be necessary.

Just got spoiled because I got past collecting all the in-game parts and made sure to get all the DLC ones so I could test them firsthand back when I was planning the FAQ.

They only ones I didn't get were from the special illustration bundled codes. (Gyurinos Dark and Black Angel Wings)

The JP wiki was no help since some part lists were left stagnating, with none of the rank 6 and 7 ones registered at all.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:32 pm

wait, you can get the recolors for Oorbellon and Zeilveren? I didn't know that and have no way to check right now so.....

also I was told there was a way to skip to the end of the game, I am really curious as to how since I have already beaten it before and had to restart due to data issues, and will this cause further issues?

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 pm

star wrote:wait, you can get the recolors for Oorbellon and Zeilveren? I didn't know that and have no way to check right now so.....

also I was told there was a way to skip to the end of the game, I am really curious as to how since I have already beaten it before and had to restart due to data issues, and will this cause further issues?
There aren't any recolors. The base models of Oorbellen and Zielbellen each have their respective gemstone names Pearl and Obsidian to set them apart from each other for the initial figure release, since they are both Type Fencer.

And the skip isn't so much at the end of the game. If you have save data from the first game with a clear status, you can go directly to the F0 story arc.

I'd advise against doing that though, since you'll miss the equipment drops of some newcomers at the game center. Remember, a handful of them change their gear periodically.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:15 pm

OshareKeiji wrote:
star wrote:wait, you can get the recolors for Oorbellon and Zeilveren? I didn't know that and have no way to check right now so.....

There aren't any recolors. The base models of Oorbellen and Zielbellen each have their respective gemstone names Pearl and Obsidian to set them apart from each other for the initial figure release, since they are both Type Fencer.

And the skip isn't so much at the end of the game. If you have save data from the first game with a clear status, you can go directly to the F0 story arc.

I'd advise against doing that though, since you'll miss the equipment drops of some newcomers at the game center. Remember, a handful of them change their gear periodically.
oh, I had done that last time on the other memory stick, it caused some glitches, now I have a new memory stick and new playstation store account so that wouldn't work for me, hmmmmm, I could swear I heard there was a cheat to the end, playing through it will be fun atleast, but I will admit I miss fighting mimics and using Justice, by the way, I never got Justice to a high enough love to use her against the boss Justice, what would happen if I used her to replay the final boss battles section and how would she react to it? and how does she end up in the store anyways? I thought she (SPOILER ALERT) jumped of the building in the end, did they like find and fix her or something?

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:23 pm

star wrote:oh, I had done that last time on the other memory stick, it caused some glitches, now I have a new memory stick and new playstation store account so that wouldn't work for me, hmmmmm, I could swear I heard there was a cheat to the end, playing through it will be fun atleast, but I will admit I miss fighting mimics and using Justice, by the way, I never got Justice to a high enough love to use her against the boss Justice, what would happen if I used her to replay the final boss battles section and how would she react to it? and how does she end up in the store anyways? I thought she (SPOILER ALERT) jumped of the building in the end, did they like find and fix her or something?
If you kept your first game save on your computer or another memory device, having an alternate account would be irrelevant. The PSP isn't built with the same paranoid BS like the Vita (unless you're currently using one).

I keep backups everywhere and I pass them around every time a save is updated. Never had any issues at all.

I tried using Justice once for the story fight (before the patch was released). Ended up with eternal loading upon reaching the final boss. Haven't tried it since.

The store-bought Justice is merely a replica as stated in the shop mail. It was modded to legitimately work with the Ride System (as well as the Ride On Gear), and the memories of someone close to the final boss wasn't included.

Xary
MMS Naked

Post by Xary » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:54 am

Alright so I feel like I should say this

Tournaments DO NOT count towards the triggering of love events

For them to actually trigger one:
- MUST go to the arcade
- Pick some random fight
- Win and then VOILA love event starts

So technically you DO need to do "certain" fights to obtain the Ulti RA

Wich does look mindblowing but isn't exactly amazing considering the weapon you need for Arnval to do it already outdamages it in normal attacks...So yeah all in all I can't say I'm too amazed by Ulti RAs thus far

The pilebunker needed for that RA already does 2500-ish of damage in normal attacks
whereas the ulti RA barely goes over 2000 of damage, plus while using your Ulti you become target practice

In all honesty....it kinda disappointed me considering using this is pretty much a chore to use for hardly any more result than normal combo...