Mk 2: skills?

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Re: Mk 2: skills?

Post by OshareKeiji » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:06 am

You got past the hard part at least, now comes the annoying part: The last title you need for Advancing Flash is "All Battler Mk2".

To get that title, you need to have fought with every single character in the game. (Story, GC + Valhalla and Love Event NPC, DLC ones are not required)

Also, the legit way of getting Shining Knuckle has been found: From Artille's DLC event... very funny since a lot of people got it for free ages ago... (myself included)
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Great. Thanks for your advice.

BTW, last question, is the other special command (T-Arms, Evil Howl and CHIKARA) have the same requirements?
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 am

~T-ARMS - Shinki All Collector = Get all in-game Shinki (exculding DLC)
~Evil Howl - Heavy Gun God = Collect 90% of weapons under the Heavy Gun category. (Launcher, Shotgun, Gatling Gun, Particle Blaster, Floating Mine Sprinkler) Again, DLC is not required.
~CHIKARA - Get both of the titles mentioned above.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:07 pm

OshareKeiji wrote:~T-ARMS - Shinki All Collector = Get all in-game Shinki (exculding DLC)
~Evil Howl - Heavy Gun God = Collect 90% of weapons under the Heavy Gun category. (Launcher, Shotgun, Gatling Gun, Particle Blaster, Floating Mine Sprinkler) Again, DLC is not required.
~CHIKARA - Get both of the titles mentioned above.

Got all of them only within 5 minutes after reading this post.
Dang it, only advance flash will take a lot of time.

Thanks again for your help.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 am

Also, there are mini tournament in the Shinki Center, who requires you to have only 2 weapons each time. Do enough of them, and you'll unlock another kind of mini tournament with the same restrictions, but those will unlock what I call the double rail. As in, if you got the two wepons equipped, it will do the rail for both those weapons consecutively. Exemple : Pilebunker+missile. Two waves of missiles and then, pilebunker attack. This one is VERY effective due to the fact the second wave of missile tends to strike when you're pilebunkering the face of your opponnent.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:30 am

Sadly though, their effectivity only applies to AI battles. I've never seen anyone in Ad-Hoc Party use a Double Rail, and I can't say I blame them. They're grossly impractical against human players for two reasons:

1) They're too predictable and easy to stop.
2) They can't be used in a combo chain.

IMO, Konami kind of messed up with the double rails. If there was say, a few involving two melee weapons, then their use would be more widespread. Oddly enough, they decided to pair certain weapons whose qualities are poles apart from one another.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:41 am

I think another reason is they don't want to waste 70 SP just for nothing, or even worse, interrupted by a handgun.

Special shinki RA worth it though since most of the time you are in super armor condition and deal massive damage if hit. Some shinki RA EX is harder to evade than the others (either by extremely fast, different option to attack from other angle by pressing x, or with very short preparation that can caught you off guard) while some are easier to evade (yes, I'm looking at you three. Eukrante, Ianeria and Estoril).
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:59 am

I still think a Knuckle + Double Blade W Rail would have been a fun combo.

Among DLC, the EX Rail with the highest abuse potential is Ver's Ultimate Laser EX. I've seen many a newb spam it upon hitting max ride, and it's very hard to avoid because of the initial bullet hail, then there's the final burst.

Thankfully, I ran into a few pros who don't do that and because of them, I'm slowly getting the hang of the timing.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:17 am

Ah, the joy of ad hoc....

And I'm stuck here with little communication and those dummies who think that playing with dolls is not MANLY enough.

Before they do make those special combination RA, I think they better make special RA for each weapon. Cause for now, we only have for knuckle, big sword, gatling and launcher. Somehow I can't help but feel that the developers don't share the same love for the rest of the weapon.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 pm

More specials huh? That would indeed be neat.

If not for Nico Nico Douga, I wouldn't have known that the best alternative to not having BSBM2 opponents in your area is a PS3, a halfway decent internet connection speed and PSN Japan's free Ad-Hoc Party app.

Let's face facts, this game isn't really import-friendly, and you'll never find people who take this game more seriously than the locals.