Mk 2: skills?

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Re: Mk 2: skills?

Post by Zenislez » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:12 am

I think the ability to do Shinki special RA also need some tweaking. Like, only need the most necessary part to do the RA skill? Example like Altlene back part only needed so I can change her leg part since her leg part makes her taller and make it easier to miss short opponent (Maochao and Renge comes to mind). Besides, I think it will be both fun and hilarious to make shinki do their special RA skill while cosplaying (I know I do, since I make JillRivers equip the nun outfit....So in the end looks like a nun riding a Giant bikeXD).

They also need to tweak a bit for Ianeria. Her armor cost TONS compared to others, making the option for other not needed part for EX RA very minimal.

Speaking of which, OshareKeiji, what kind of weapons and tactics people usually use during ad hoc party? And what about yourself?
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:43 am

The height difference was a major problem in the first game, but Mk2 fixed that. It doesn't matter what leg parts your Shinki is wearing. As long as the aim and angle is correct, the weapon will hit.

Set pieces for Shinki-specific RAs are important because they force you to think about how to balance that power and get past the obstacles that it poses. It may be restrictive, but it works. Since a set doesn't encompass all the equipment slots, you can work on adding extra parts within the cost limit. Pick your best weapons, add accessories that enhance Shinki strengths and/or compensate weaknesses.

In Ianeira's case, her base equipment's high cost level is part of her identity as a Shinki. After all, an overdressed mermaid won't really be much of a mermaid.

The people in Ad-Hoc Party are about as colorful as the Shinki they use. It astounds me sometimes how some people can use seemingly unwieldy weapons effectively (like Grenades, Floating Mine Sprinklers and Particle Blasters).

Personally, I prefer to stick to an orthodox setup. One light gun (pistol/rifle) for mid range, one small sword/knuckle for CQC. and a launcher for long range attacks.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Too many BSR, not enough shinki.

Well, I see your point about showing each personality of the shinki. I just hate it when you can get Ianeria RA skill at love 12, yet you can only use it at love 19 because of the high cost. Not to mention her RA skill is also not the most useful. But I think to each of their idea and love.

Handgun/rifle, short sword/knuckle and launcher? And ACH skills really complement that tactics. I also think ACH is great, and my 2nd favourite shinki.

Speaking of which, how effective the special RA skill in adhoc combat?
Is advance flash accurate and useful?
Evil howl is very strong, but it took forever to execute the attack, and during the skill you are sitting shinki.
T-arms maybe useful in long range but point blank is useless. I think at range around 35 or 30 the optimum range.
Chikara can be useful if you shoot it from behind a barrier since that ball penetrate everything although move very slowly. I think if you use it from behind something you can can catch an opponent by surprise.

Well it's just my opinion, but I want to know how these skills fare in adhoc.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:52 am

I mostly use Ach, but from time to time I also whip out Jillrivers, Maochao and Artille.

Advance Flash is too easy to see coming when done standalone (Jump or hover when you see the giveaway signal). It hits better in a Combo Chain. Not many people use it though since the net SP cost is killer and most pros already know the timing of when the sheathing invincibility fades, so it's counterable.

Evil Howl can be a good retreat offensive if your opponent doesn't know how to dodge it.

CHIKARA has a negative stigma among players as being an "urawaza" or cheater move. Unless agreed on beforehand, practically no one uses it. In case someone does, a well-timed forward turn usually does the trick. T-ARMS also has the same bad rap because of the homing bullets.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:32 am

So....
Advance Flash = Look pretty, but pretty much almost useless...
Evil Howl = Yeah, but evading evil howl is ridiculously easy. Just emergency ascend, descend, ascend, descend, repeat as necessary. Edit: or just jump or if brave enough just guard (not recommended though).
CHIKARA = hmmm.....because it can mass kill anything in it path? oh well, guess I won't use it anymore.
T-ARMS = Homing bullets is actually easy to evade, but in tag battle, that's another story.

So I guess I just stick to my regular tactics using normal Large sword RA, Rifle RA, Altlene EX RA and one movement for evasion and repositioning. Thankfully the Large sword RA is strong enough to ram against most range attack.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"