DLC shinki's?

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
DurpyDoll
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf MK2 full arms

Re: DLC shinki's?

Post by DurpyDoll » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:33 am

OshareKeiji wrote:Zielbellen is out.

Erm... what can I say? Pretty much everything about her borrows a lot from Yuki Nagato of Haruhi fame, (only it's Taketatsu behind the vocals and not Chihara who's already doing Strarf) down to the complicated analytical lingo and the near-expressionless face.

But there's room for progress with the events.
Thanks for telling us about ziel! I've been anxious for what kind of character she would be. I was expecting a tsundere type, also really cocky. What's strarf mk2 and arnval mk2 like?
All my girls. :)

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sat May 19, 2012 2:16 pm

DurpyDoll wrote: Thanks for telling us about ziel! I've been anxious for what kind of character she would be. I was expecting a tsundere type, also really cocky. What's strarf mk2 and arnval mk2 like?
Late reply, only saw this just now.

Arnval lacks confidence, but is overall a nice Shinki who wants to be useful to her master in many ways.

Strarf is more the brooding type, and expects her master to become more efficient in the battling front.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Judging from the combined personality of the original and DLC shinkis, I think I understand now why the master (you) only activate and bring along one shinki at a time.

Because if all of them active at the same time, it wil be war between your own shinki.
Even if peaceful, it will be a cold and fragile peace before something or someone make a move before war breaks out.

Speaking of Strarf, I find it amusing that she is one of the few shinkis dare enough to insult her master (you). Yda also sometimes insult her master, while Tsugaru sometimes give sarcastic remark to her master.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Mon May 21, 2012 6:07 am

While the others guilt you to do things their way (Mary Celes), go behind your back to do their thing (Lirbiete), make demands of you (Renge),..... not sure if Strarf isn't indeed one of the mild one.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Tue May 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Zenislez wrote:Judging from the combined personality of the original and DLC shinkis, I think I understand now why the master (you) only activate and bring along one shinki at a time.

Because if all of them active at the same time, it wil be war between your own shinki.
Even if peaceful, it will be a cold and fragile peace before something or someone make a move before war breaks out.
Actually, everyone tags along. They're all aware about their fellow shinki down to identity and feelings.

Case in point is the Justice story event where the master encourages her to mingle with everyone else while under his wing. (this is the main story, mind you) This suggests that the newcomers also get to know the others upon getting home.

The "We all love master equally" clause is no different from how it works in the Sister Princess galge series. Therefore, no real arguments ensue. In essence, it's like a harem.
Shikaze wrote:While the others guilt you to do things their way (Mary Celes), go behind your back to do their thing (Lirbiete), make demands of you (Renge),..... not sure if Strarf isn't indeed one of the mild one.
Well, she's more fixated about battling than anything else. The only time she berates the master is when she feels that the battle could've gone smoother, but the master was slacking off.

Recently picked up the game again, currently grinding Oorbellen.

Beneath that elegant and proud figure is a total ailurophobe. Poor Tamako got a mouthful just because of her usual skinship habits.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Tue May 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Speaking of Tamako, her getting a good ol' cleaning from your Shinki is nearly in every scenario, it seems, with often hilarious results.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Tue May 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Shikaze wrote:Speaking of Tamako, her getting a good ol' cleaning from your Shinki is nearly in every scenario, it seems, with often hilarious results.
It comes with the territory, since Tamako and Jinpei ALWAYS show up.

They're the resident comic foils, after all.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Wed May 23, 2012 6:08 am

Ah, I see. So the shinkis only turn their hostilities toward other shinki that is not yours and other female/girl (considering the story, I think the master is male. Special case for lir though, since from the past topic and that video, she sees everything that is female no matter what the species is as a threat) that is too close to you.

Thanks for clearing that up since the final section of the story (after the F1 tournament) still confusing for me due to bad japanese knowledge.

Hmm, BFF + comic foils + his image, I can't stop thinking that Jinpei have some qualities that resemble Yusuke from Persona 4. Probably just me.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Wed May 23, 2012 7:38 am

Hostility is too strong a word. (though it holds true for a handful of them) Some exhibit varying degrees of jealousy towards other females and shinki outside the master's roster that try to get close. Story-wise, the master is indeed supposed to be male.

I agree though, Jinpei has a lot of similarities with Yousuke. He's a total goof, often appears at the most inopportune times and can be a bit dense. Still, he's a loyal friend and the starter gear that he gives you is a great help. It's also worth mentioning that he modded those himself (hence the +JO tag).