Battle Masters Mk.2

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
DEARDROPS
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estoril&Arnval

Re: Battle Masters Mk.2

Post by DEARDROPS » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:56 pm

oh crud I forgot about that! so it means you can also defeat justice at Love 30?

grrr, good thing I asked first, I forgot that everytime you lvl up, only the cost base is the one that gets higher >.< :sad:

I should practice my RA more for that fight
I wanna curse Japan for making DEARDROPS a great game and making milktub having great musics that I can't even let a single hour without listening to it.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Indeed, Love 30 is the optimal number.

The only other factors will be equipment, skill and (personal) experience.

Aside from RAs, you should also master combo chains for melee weapons. Those are especially helpful.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

DEARDROPS
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estoril&Arnval

Post by DEARDROPS » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:38 am

OshareKeiji wrote:Indeed, Love 30 is the optimal number.

The only other factors will be equipment, skill and (personal) experience.

Aside from RAs, you should also master combo chains for melee weapons. Those are especially helpful.
I don't know how to connect punches and melee, all I can do for melee is their normal combo, like for example spear, only it's normal combo, like hold right and keep pressing the designated button >.< are there other combos?
I wanna curse Japan for making DEARDROPS a great game and making milktub having great musics that I can't even let a single hour without listening to it.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:15 am

To chain, you simply have to press R+another weapon button to switch to the next one. This has to be done before the knockdown blow. You can chain up to two times from the initial starting weapon as long as you have the SP to spare.

A more advanced technique is the Chain RA. The timing is similar, only you have to press R+Triangle+Circle+RA direction. It's effective because it does away with the preset advancing motions and allows the attack to be performed directly. It deals good damage but takes a significant chunk of SP, especially if you use Ultimate/EX RAs.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:59 am

Do note that during ride max mode, all SP cost is halved.

Chaining to another weapon cost 30 SP.

Chaining to an RA cost 30+RA cost. Example, knuckle RA cost 45, so the total cost will be 75 SP.

Because of during ride max all SP cost is halved, chaining to an RA only cost effective during ride max. Also if you can, always chain to a heavy/big melee weapon as their RA deals MUCH more damage compared to lighter ones.

Also, not all weapon/RA can be chainable effectively. The most obvious is the musical instrument and hammer. True to some shinkis Ultimate RA, some are very effective while some...really better use it alone.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:36 pm

I had to get my Maryceles to love 37 before she could use alot of my better gear, she could use one of the best weapons but not all three, she had to use 2 really good weapons for a while cause 3 was to much, but I also used all my best armor, and for me, 200 love? that's alot! was it hard to do?

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:42 pm

All that means is that you found better versions of the same stuff. There's nothing pointing to the difference regarding Love Level.

Using equipment takes cost points. The maximum cost you can get is 1500 at Love 30, and it will not go up any further than that.

Remember that there are several tuners around. Same part name, different tuner signature. Naturally, the part cost and effect will vary between them.

Getting up to 255 is no joke. I had a head start though since my file was a carryover from the first game. Friend Cards from Ad-hoc matches helped, because those give better EXP than all the high-end default CPU fights.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:07 pm

OshareKeiji wrote:Getting up to 255 is no joke. I had a head start though since my file was a carryover from the first game. Friend Cards from Ad-hoc matches helped, because those give better EXP than all the high-end default CPU fights.
wow, I so wish I could play an adhoc game, I also wish I could get a shinki up that high! even with the heart earings+AI it would take me forever! and somehow my Maryceles still can't equip all me highest ranking stuff, I think something must just be wrong with her cause my Ianeira could do it on my last memory chip, it just seems so strange to me, but in this memory chip, I have much more download content, it's strange in my oppinion

and does anyone know what the t-arms rail action is?

and how many opponents are there in the whole game? does anyone know this?

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:55 am

@OshareKeiji

Congrats on reaching lvl 255 and you are right. Reaching Lvl 255 is no joke. Even at lvl 70 already feel painful. Altough more because of facing the same AI over and over again. But - still try.

@Star

Don't choose parts just because of base stats. You also must take into consideration of their skill. Some parts have huge base stats, but have ridiculously high cost and very few or no skills.

To be optimal, try to choose parts that have skill that complement your strategy. Like high speed battle? Try to increase Boost duration skill and Speed skill. Want more defense? Focus on increaseing LP + and def +.

The reason why skills are better because most of them work based on percentage of your current status. Example, Lp around 12000 with LP +2 (6% bonus LP) or LP around 11000 with LP +6 (18 % bonus LP). LP+6 wins by a margin of LP. Of course this is only example.

I already translated the skill and the effect. You can see it in my guide.

As for weapon, try to look at the weapon function. If you want damage, go for the strongest obviously. But if you have other use and ONLY that other usage, then you can consider a weaker or even the weakest variant.

Example, if you only use handgun for increasing ride bar or interrupting other attack, keep in mind, a rank 7 and a rank 1 handgun will do the same job.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:20 am

Zenislez wrote:As for weapon, try to look at the weapon function. If you want damage, go for the strongest obviously. But if you have other use and ONLY that other usage, then you can consider a weaker or even the weakest variant.

Example, if you only use handgun for increasing ride bar or interrupting other attack, keep in mind, a rank 7 and a rank 1 handgun will do the same job.
in the end that's what I did, I used the bit as a distraction from a distance, Ianeira's sword to inflict the most damage at oportune times, and used Raptias dual knives to keep Justice down, I also armored up in faster equipment and good defensive for the best opportunity I could get