Busou Shinki Battle Masters - PSP Game coming 7/15/10

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
gustein
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: MMS Howling

Re: Busou Shinki Battle Masters - PSP Game coming 7/15/10

Post by gustein » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:26 am

Now that you brought it up i remember the thing about base speed, but i don't think it helps much, i think it is related to the speed boost.

In any case, i just managed to get Yda yesterday, but i still need to get the others on higher ranks, the only thing about Ach that doesn't make me regret buying her, is that i'm starting to complete her armor/weapon set, and she has a pretty good sub-machinegun, besides that, it's what i said before, no surprises.

A good thing would be if we could know what the Love Events do, in Battle Rondo, depending on how you treat the shinki, she gets better in certain characteristics, maybe this way i could improve Ach's speed.

The Hammer and 2H Sword are good for the Super-Guard, but they don't fit my strategy, i preffer speed and longer combos, the Dual Saber isn't my fav choice, but it's Attack Skill is awesome.

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:16 pm

We should compile the information we do know into a stickied post or something, to make a sort of guide, don't you think?

gustein
MMS Naked

Post by gustein » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Terrific Idea ;)
We should make our own guide, and probably we will get to play a lot better...
...thought, i'm still trying to figure out how to manage the DLC to other people :(

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:14 pm

ok, on youtube, in a video i saw then lost, the arnval had the original arnval armor, is that possible in this game?

gustein
MMS Naked

Post by gustein » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 am

Yes, but (by now) its one of the weakest armors in the game, thought you can find better versions for higher ranks in the second shop, i still haven't unlocked them.

Sparkster
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Sparkster » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:23 am

So far I am concerned how certain stats actually affect you, but more importantly: If base shinki stats even determine anything. I have a Love level 17 Ach, but if I remove all the armor and weapons on her, she has the exact same stats as her initial self (save for capacity). So really, if it never changes then all the base stats are pretty much MUDADA considering that 1 additional Speed or 50 extra LP mean nothing when you can easily get 30 Speed from one armor or 2000 LP from a chest plate. If there really isn't much variation between the shinkis, then that's lame.

And what DOES Dexterity determine? I can actually feel a difference for having more speed (It helps if you compare Aerial Wavedashing speeds).

gustein
MMS Naked

Post by gustein » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 am

That's true, the stats doesnt seem to change, Arnval seems good with ranged weapons and she has high DEX, in most RPGs DEX helps to make criticals and avoid missing hits.

The only thing that i can say about the armors is that until you find a better version of your shinki's set, you'll have to give up on her looks and choose the best stat combination.

Icchan
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Icchan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:40 pm

gustein wrote:Yes, but (by now) its one of the weakest armors in the game, thought you can find better versions for higher ranks in the second shop, i still haven't unlocked them.
That Arnval(Original) Armor is so powerful man...it's a in class 4 armor, along with Arnval's other armor. Same thing applies to Strarf's Armor(Original), it's also a class 4 armor and is also quite powerful~

oh and there's new game+ where in you're pretty much back to the beginning obviously with whatever you had back at the previous run through.

In new game+ so far I've found out you can get now use the other hair colors and stuff when buying a shinki! meaning if you haven't bought a certain shinki from the shop just yet, you can color them with the preset colors in NG+

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 pm

wait, so do mms3rd chestplates and gear work on mms 1sts like moa or ach, and vise versa

gustein
MMS Naked

Post by gustein » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:48 pm

New game+...hmmm, now that sounds interesting.
You know, we really need to compile all the information we know about the game, the progress by now is going pretty well.