Busou Shinki Battle Masters - PSP Game coming 7/15/10

For help & discussion of Battle Masters.
alebravo6
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Can´t really say...

Re: Busou Shinki Battle Masters - PSP Game coming Summer 2010

Post by alebravo6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:10 pm

Can someone translate what are they saying on the trailer? Please? :maochao:

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Ooh, I hope it's an action/adventure type or a fighter. As much as I love RPGs, I don't do so well with completely Japanese ones.

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:55 pm

alebravo6 wrote:Can someone translate what are they saying on the trailer? Please? :maochao:
Arnval and Howling are recounting the back story of Busou Shinki, the only new bit is essentially translated as, ”In 2040 A new battle is begining, Busou Shinki Battle Master for the PSP. Girls, fight with all your might. Now begin. Fight, strongly and beautifully!"

Afterwards Howling and Arnval say something unique.

Arnval, "When I was with Master... was when I was happiest..."
Howling, "Master! Please wake up! Master!"

That's all we got. Looks like a new crisis is at hand and this time, we (the owners) are more directly involved this time around as well. Take our involvement as you will. We might be fighting 'long side our Shinkis or whatever happens to them directly effects us or something else. An action styled game though is highly likely now.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 am

Perhaps an evil shinki, jealous of how other shinki have good relationships with their masters, has put the humans under some sort of sleep spell. *random speculation* Then we'll get some sort of sob story on her end about how she was never loved, so no one else should be loved either.

Or something completely different, hehe. x3

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 pm

And which model is this nefarious, never-loved Shinki? Which of our adorable girls would have such an evil mind and stoop so low as to directly attack the Masters? Who could do such a dastardly thing?! I'm calling it now. The evil mastermind behind the whole scheme, the center of catastrophe and conflict, the Final Boss's Final Form will be:

MMS Type Butterfly: Schmetterling

:schmetterling: "See you this summer, onii-chan!"

Oh, you evil b**** you...

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:01 pm

'Evil' Shinki's arent really new to the franchise. Although it's more 'misunderstood'. Check out some of the past events they had in Battle Rondo.

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Personally, I think it's more that we're involved with the Shinkis this time. The "Please Wake up" can also be taken more then just sleep, but that you've been hurt and are unconscious or even dead. I'm sure people have seen movies, games and animes where one character keeps saying "Hey wake up" to someone who has just recently died, but they don't know or believe they've died. The reason I think more on the death aspect is because of Arnval's lines, but that can also take it to be that she's leaving the Master, Sacrificing herself or betraying the Master. Howling's can be taken as either Master is unconscious or dead. Why does everyone go directly to the sleep option first with the "Wake up please" part?

Personally, I think we're going to have a more direct role in Battle Masters. Less letting the Shinkis fight on there own and more "controlling" the Shinkis with us suffering live feedback or something if we lose battles with Illegals and/or Naked series..

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:52 am

NamelessChibi wrote:Why does everyone go directly to the sleep option first with the "Wake up please" part?
A few reasons I can think of.
A: In terms of general storyline with the toy and Battle Rondo franchise, we're their masters. When you put it in that frame of reference we would much rather see a less fatal outcome.

B: The tone of the meta series in general is fairly light. They might be little armed battle androids, but they're cute and moe armed battle androids. 'Sad Girls in Snow' might be moe, but doesnt seem to fit the universe in general when you compare the tone.

C: We're conditioned to it. Compare the various bits of entertainment we see involving computers. You most often see some sort of 'trapped in the machine' aspect.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:38 am

Hi, .hack :p

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:40 am

I jumped to something like sleep or a coma because the franchise just doesn't seem dark enough to have a storyline that would effectively 'kill' all of its customers. XD

From those lines, it sounds more like something has happened to the humans and the shinki must learn to overcome something on their own, and possibly work together more than ever before.

Arnval's line could just mean that she misses her master gravely and wishes to be with him/her again, because she's unhappy without him/her.