Question from all Juvisy Owners

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Dremare
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: MaoChao

Question from all Juvisy Owners

Post by Dremare » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Okay, I've been torn into two because on one hand, I want to get Juvisy, and on the other, I want to get a Reborns Gundam (You need to go to a Gundam Informative site to know what I'm talking about). Both are very appealing to me, but I don't have enough money to get both at once. I'm thinking of getting Juvisy, but I really want to get the Reborns too, and I'd like to have an owner of a Juvisy tell me how she's like. What accessories does she have, and will it be worth the money to get it?

xiand666
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 16
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Re: Question from all Juvisy Owners

Post by xiand666 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:18 am

Hi! Sorry if my answer will seem biased; I'm a Gundam fan but I hardly buy any of the model kits.

IMO, Juvisy is one of the Busou Shinkis with the more interesting and unconventional armor. To be fair, all Busou Shinki armor is very nice and collectible, but if you're talking about uniqueness, Juvisy (and Zyrdarya) takes the cake. These two were actually my first two shinkis; at that time i didn't know what Busou Shinki was, but I got them because their armor looked cool.

I think the only con about Juvisy is that her armor has a lot of soft parts, so if you live in a warm climate, the plastic gets sticky (see the thread on this issue). I just wash them over lightly once in a while, making sure not to rub on the paint too much.

BTW, Juvisy has a nice finishing move in Battle Rondo. :)

pyroko
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by pyroko » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:03 am

honestly, as a gundam fan and a Juvisy owner, i would go with the Reborns. nothing wrong with the Juvisy, it's armor is actually pretty modular and there is a lot of fun stuff you can do with it, but the Reborns is a very good kit for a high grade and one of my favorite designs in 00.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:19 pm

look this is what i think... i dont have juvisy neither reborns gundam and both are awesome in their own ways BUT...

reborns can be stocked from bandai almost anytime... (if they are still producing kits from gundam wing then...) so you can get reborns later :biggrin:

but in juvisy's case is better to get her now while she's still available... MMS1 shinkis are not gonna last forever since MMS3 came out already :ianeira: :vitulus:

and on one last note... i need to talk to you for something i have planned comic wise... PM for details

Dremare
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: MaoChao

Post by Dremare » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:45 pm

*sigh*

After much, much thinking, I decided to get Juvisy first. I could use my trip to the Philippines to get myself a Reborns, or use any Christmas money I get to get it. I just hope my parents say yes to getting Juvisy for me, or I could get the Reborns, since it's a bit cheaper online.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:51 pm

I know you've already decided, but I thought I'd toss in my 2 cents, since I just got Juvisy myself.

Pros:

1. Her petal wings are VERY adjustable, with many points of movement, allowing you to orient them pretty much however you like. I was initially a little worried that the stock 'Folded around' look was all she could do, but they're actually VERY customizable.

2. She has one of the nicest facesculpts... very cute, very moe.

3. Her armor stays in place pretty well and generally stays out of the way, unlike some Shinki's who's armor flops around and gets in the way, making posing difficult.

4. She can stand on her own fully armored. Her gear is generally fairly well balanced, and her big flower boots help stability.

Cons:

1. Her weapons are... a bit funky-looking. I big seed handgun, a watering can circular saw thing, and some sort of flail thing. Some kind of connector to turn one of her wing petals into a sword would have been WONDERFUL... but wasn't provided. She's also a bit lightly armed compared to other Shinkis of similar vintage.

2. The plastic of her equipment is mostly soft... which suits her theme well, but can sometimes cause problems, with stickiness or just getting the things to pose how you want.

3. Babies aren't safe around her.

All in all, she's the sort of Shinki you get if you look at her in pictures and like her look. If you think she looks kinda neat, but aren't sure, she will grow on you (Ahyuk! Grow on you!). If you really aren't into the whole plant-based thing... you STILL might like her, but it's not guaranteed.

Bottom line: She's an extremely unique and different Shinki... more stylistic than loaded for bear, but she's well-designed. If you like how she looks in pictures, even if you're not 100% sure of her, get her. If her look doesn't do anything for you, then skip her.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:40 pm

An alternative point of view: Juvisy (and Zyrdarya) look rather like Zeon Mobile Armors of some sort.