The Busou Shinki Trivia thread!

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: The Busou Shinki Trivia thread!

Post by Xehn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Trivia time!

"Strike Witch mode" Asuka is included in the concept art for Asuka in the Busou Shinki Magazone vol. 1.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:23 am

I don't have an answer, but I do have a question: I read somewhere that all the familiars (i.e. Eukrante's bird, Lancamento and Espadia's beetles, etc) have official names. Does anyone know those or know where I could look them up? I do know that the beetles combine to form Heracles (written right on it, durr...) and Graffias and Vespelio's armor combine to form the dragon Zeo (less obvious).

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:33 am

I believe they do. When I get home I'll... err... I WOULD but all of my instructions are in their boxes and in my closet which is nearly inattainable right now. I'll try during the weekend. I would right now, but I'm at work and taking a break right now. So until then, I'll check it out.

Though I do know Ach's bike is called Patroclus which leads to the deal with Ach actually standing for Achilles, if you didn't know... also I forgot if it was mentioned here already. >>;;;

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:48 am

Oh! They're in the instructions! Great!

*checks*

Oh... there aren't any romanizations... not so great... Can't read ****, captain. Anyway, I knew Ach stood for Achilles, but I didn't know about her bike. It seems this thread was usurped to discuss a concept Shinki's bust, so there's not a whole lot of actual trivia going on in here... Not that I take any issue with discussing Shinki boobs, but still... Let this day mark the revival of the trivia thread! For trivia! Till all are one!

(Or, something like that...)

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:45 am

Don't worry, if you can get me scans of the instructions here-Oh wait, work filter... nevermind. Anyway, I'll get'em out later on when I wake up the next day and get to translating them, unless someone beats me to it, after all I'm not perfect. Look at my botched translation of bits in the Desert Murmeltier and Night Asuka thread, I was close, but I still screwed up one key point. Oh well.

Anyway, I'll give it a shot later.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:43 pm

NamelessChibi wrote:I believe they do. When I get home I'll... err... I WOULD but all of my instructions are in their boxes and in my closet which is nearly inattainable right now. I'll try during the weekend. I would right now, but I'm at work and taking a break right now. So until then, I'll check it out.

Though I do know Ach's bike is called Patroclus which leads to the deal with Ach actually standing for Achilles, if you didn't know... also I forgot if it was mentioned here already. >>;;;
quick coment on the ach and achilles, achilles was bi-sexual......and did had weak ancles, any links to ach there? and how is her name pronounced? ach like otch ot ak like achilles?

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 pm

star wrote:quick coment on the ach and achilles, achilles was bi-sexual......and did had weak ancles, any links to ach there? and how is her name pronounced? ach like otch ot ak like achilles?
I doubt the bi-sexual thing has anything to do with Ach, or the weak ankles thing. Outside of the homage to the infamous warrior, Ach shares no real commonalities to Achillies (she's a small, futuristic female robot with bike parts, he's a legendary warrior who had ankle problems.)

Also, I think her name is pronounced like "mach" only without the "m".

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:49 am

Well, Ach... actually, her bike is called Patroclus.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:05 pm

wait, so the breasts on a shinki are battery packs/ a second brain? so zel(no offence to zel fans) has low power and or worse aim at an enemy? and the dengeki ianeira must have targeting and floatation, her second bust is bigger than her head, from pics ive seen of her

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Ianeira's chest part is officially a “Buoyancy Control Device”. So in Ianeira's case, her breasts really are her floatation device! :schmetterling: :ianeira:
(source: http://www.shinki-net.konami.jp/media/j ... ic_23.html, the 3rd text box after Ianeira's picture)

I believe the above may have been alluded to already but I felt it was best to make it clear for the sake of this thread. :tsugaru: