Problem with Howling...?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Treadshot A1
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Problem with Howling...?

Post by Treadshot A1 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:23 am

I'm afraid i'm in need of a bit of help. My Howling's paint seems to be really...fragile, as in it scrapes off at the slightest touch. I've tried varnish and everything else i could think of, and the green line on her chest still flakes off.

While i realize i've been using her as a stand in for a mecha suit i posted a while back, i've made 100% sure that that's not causing the paint to flake, as there's definitely enough room for a shinki in there. Also, Maochao and Arnval have both been used, and they have no problems whatsoever..

Short of getting another one, anyone know of how to fix this? Or, at least has anyone else had this problem?

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Problem with Howling...?

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:16 am

A lot of the shinkis have fairly thin paint applied, which means they can scrape off fairly easilly. No real way to stop it aside from a constant application of finish of some sort or just not playing with them.

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Re: Problem with Howling...?

Post by Lockdown72 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:49 pm

My Howling has this problem with the green stripes on her chestplate and the green rings around her legs. Failing the varnish treatment (as I need to find a good one anyways), I just leave her on the shelf and don't really "play" with her as much as my other shinkis, who don't have this problem as they're all later waves.

My Howling also seems to have a VERY loose mid-body joint, which makes posing her a bit of a pain in the ass most times as she tends to lean fowards thanks to her head offestting the weight balance. Thankfully, she's the only Shinki that I have any problems like this with, my other four are still as perfect as they had been when they were unboxed.