Arnval tranche2 / Strarf Bis

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Skywave
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0

Arnval tranche2 / Strarf Bis

Post by Skywave » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:48 am

Hey guys, I recently commited myself into buying a Shinki this week (buyed Xiphos, can't wait to receive it!), and wanted to know something. Is the newest Arnval and Strarf complete figures, body and all, or upgrade without body?

If they are complet set, is there any difference between them and the first model (beside the added accessories of course), like I've read there's new type of body around, MMS3 or something. Are those new body type compatile with previous one? So many thing to knows when you get something new!

Xerain
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao

Re: Arnval tranche2 / Strarf Bis

Post by Xerain » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:40 am

They are complete figures. The original Arnval and Strarf have been out of print for a while, which I always though was suspicious as they were the original shinki. Sort of Main shinki of sorts.

After their original release there were dengeki hobby editions. There was devil arnval and angel strarf. These versions in additions to having reversed themed colors, had alternate faces and extra hair pieces.

The new versions of arnval and strarf incorporate these extra faces and hair pieces into the original figure, as well as changing some of the parts out. Arnval has a much mroe attractive helmet. Her launcher is a different model that is a bit smaller. her leg pieces are updated and don't look stupidish.

Strarf has her leg pieces redone as well, and has a new hammer, which is probably replacing some of her guns. She of course has the extra faces and hair pieces as well.

In terms of battle Rondo and Diorama studio, the old and new arnval and strarf are considered the same. When the new ones came out, everyone who had the old ones suddenly gained the new parts for use in the games. I'm not sure if a new arnval or strarf's code gets you the old parts though. I would assume it does.

Then there are the new limited edition fallen angel arnval, etc. I'm not sure if this has any bonus parts over the new arnval tranche 2 or not. However i do know that battle rondo and diorama studio consider them to be separate from the old dengeki hobby editions.

Finally I believe Arnval Tranche 2 and Strarf bis are still on MMS1, and haven't been migrated to MMS3. Makes me wonder if there will be yet another version of them 2 years from now.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:21 am

Pretty sure Bis and Tranche come with EVERYTHING the originals did.

Canthros
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Canthros » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Xehn wrote:Pretty sure Bis and Tranche come with EVERYTHING the originals did.
Indeed, they do.

Skywave
Class C Shinki

Post by Skywave » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:43 pm

Thanks for the replies! :) Now I need patience and wait for my Xiphos to arrive before ordering more Shinki! Arnval and Strarf are the other two I want so far, so I'm glad they are full kit :)

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Strarf Bis comes with everything Wave 1 Strarf came with PLUS: New hammer weapon, additional stabby parts for her mecha feet, new armor for her feet, additional armors for her mecha shoulders, the hairbun parts that Dengeki Strarf came with, an optional hairpiece that has a battlemask molded into it, new fin parts to replace her twintails if you wish, and a new closed eyes face. She sadly does not come with the moefang face that Den Strarf had.

Arnval Tranche2 comes with everything Wave 1 Arnval came with PLUS: New mini-BFG, new mecha feet parts, new fin armors for the mecha knees, new sensor helmet, a messy hairpiece and ponytail like what Den Arnval came with, a wristclip for holding the giant BFG, and a new closed eyes face. She sadly does not come with the yelling face that Den Arnval had.

Xerain
Class C Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao

Post by Xerain » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:06 am

Wow that's a lot of stuff in those boxes then.

Skywave
Class C Shinki

Post by Skywave » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:18 am

This site should work on some database of some sort, where you can look at all the figure released, read a short description o the character and the toy itself, a few pics showing the toy and what's included in the set, etc. I wanted to look at some figure to see what included, but had a hard time to find some good pics on the web.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:11 am

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:00 am

Skywave wrote:This site should work on some database of some sort, where you can look at all the figure released, read a short description o the character and the toy itself, a few pics showing the toy and what's included in the set, etc. I wanted to look at some figure to see what included, but had a hard time to find some good pics on the web.
Not a bad idea. Before the wipe, we had individual posts for each Shinki and you could get a good idea of what came with it with those. Might be time to see about resurrecting those. Heck, it IS called the News and REVIEW forum. Get going with some reviews, folks. :) Just make sure you remember to show off all the parts.